Please help! Short notice trip.

toodles

Earning My Ears
I'm going to Disneyland on Jan 25, I just found out today. I discovered that there is a new hotel there, Grand California, I believe is the name, but the room prices are obscured -- I can't find a price without a package! Does anyone know what the room rates are per night?

Also, is it possible to get a single day ticket to the park? I am getting a special preview pass to CA, so I already have something to do on the second day.

How do we make ressies for the hotel and Blue Bayou?

Any recommendations for the hotel restaurants? Just my husband and I are going this time. Anyone know about restaurants in the new park and how to get ressies there?

Thanks so much for your help!

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

Hi toodles, and welcome to the Disneyland Board!

For room-only resort reservations, you can call (714) 956-MICKEY. It's possible the Grand Californian is sold out for that date, but it's certainly worth a try. Room rates range from $250 to over $500 per night.

Yes, you can purchase a one-day pass to Disneyland at the gate.

Blue Bayou reservations can be made at the podium in the park. Just head there first thing once you enter and make your lunch or dinner reservations.

I'm quite anxious to try the Napa Rose restaurant at the Grand Californian, it sounds lovely. We also enjoy Hook's Pointe at the Disneyland Hotel, Yamabuki (Japanese food) at the Paradise Pier, and for casual dining, the PCH Grill there. Granville's at the Disneyland Hotel is an excellent, but pricey, steakhouse.

Restaurants in the new park do not take reservations at this point...and for a preview, I'm not even sure they'll all be open (nor will all the attractions necessarily be open either).

Hope that helps! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Yes, this is wonderfully helpful info. Thanks so much! It sounds like GC is too pricey so we will stick with our DH ressies. We will have to eat there though so we can see it.

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How do we make ressies for the hotel and Blue Bayou?

[/quote]

Toodles, if you are staying at the DH, you can make reservations via the concierge at the DH for the next day at Blue Bayou.

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Okay, that's good to know too. Is the concierge level much more expensive than the regular rooms? I've stayed at the DH 3 times and never knew they had a concierge level until I read it on these boards!

Thanks for your help :)

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

We stayed at the DH concierge level in July of 1999 and were pleased. The food and service were very good. Just a note: you do not have to stay on concierge to use their services. There are 2 concierges in the lobby every day. They rotate between the concierge lounge and lobby.

Thanks for the additional info, but what is the price of concierge rooms? I think we have a room rate of 139 per night right now.

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

toodles,

I am sorry about the confusion.

You do NOT need to be on the concierge level, all DLR guests can use this amenity.

When I stayed in November at Paradise Pier, there was a podium in the main lobby, maybe it is called Guest Services or something like that.

I walked up and in about a minute had next day ressies at Blue Bayou. I even had an "authentic" blue reservation slip :)

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Oh yes, I understood and that's a good thing too! I finally got the hotel ressie desk again and I asked about an upgrade but for another $100 a night, I'm fine with the regular room!

When we went to WDW a year ago in Dec., we were not impressed with the concierge at the Grand Floridian -- they told me they were out of soda, but I could go down to the lobby and buy one from a store! Gee, thanks!

On that trip we had a suite so I think we would have the concierge level regardless. In any case I didn't see the value add. If it were $20 extra per night, I'd given it another shot, but not for a $100! I'll never stay at the GF again, but that's another story

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter