PLEASE post your in room sitter experiences.

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
I am trying to start a thread where Disers can post what service you used, how you liked it and any "names" of anyone who you would reccomend. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated by those of us who are facing this decision.
THANK YOU!:) :)

We used a wonderful lady from Fairy Godmothers in July. My 2 yo dd wasn't too sure about Mom and Dad leaving, but this lady got on the floor with her and pulled out some toys and I don't think our daughter noticed that we had left. It was fabulous. I just called to make a reservation for a night during New Years week for us and three other families - 6 kids total.

One note - the lady who answers the phone can be a little ditzy, so make sure you call and confirm your reservation a couple of days beforehand. Other than that, they are great.

Okay--good to hear others thoughts on the lady who answered the phone! I was a bit worried after talking to her! Any thoughts on how far ahead you have to book the sitters? We have a reservation for Dec 3 and may want to have one another night if it goes well. I suppose I should find out their cancelllation policy and go ahead and make the ressie for the second night in case we want it. Thoughts on this?

To the original poster--if search is working--I did a search on Fairy Godmothers awhile back and got quite a few posts. Not a one had negative experiences.

For our July reservation, I called a couple of weeks ahead. Because of the size of the group and it will be New Years week, I figured I would make the reservation if she would take it. She took it - I think. I told her I would call sometime in December to confirm.

We used Fairy Godmothers in March of this year for our then 18 month old DD. The sitter was named Vera and she was great. Our daughter never knew we left the room and, when we got back, Vera was sitting quietly and reading a book. We hope to use her again this November. The woman who answers the phone is a little preoccupied to say the least. She told me that she watched small children in her home during the day.

Denise

Try contacting PandyPaws. She has used Fairy Godmothers many times and speaks highly of them.

We used Fairy Godmothers in June for DSs 4 and 6. DH was attending a conference at CSR, and wanted me to attend one of the dinners with him because one of our employees was receiving an award at the dinner. I was really nervous before our sitter arrived but she was great. She is a Disney employee during the day and works for Fairy Godmothers at night. She brought a whole suitcase full of toys for DSs to enjoy while she was there. As DH and I were walking out the door, we heard her say, "ok, boys, the first thing we should do is dump out the toys all over the floor." I immediately relaxed a little and was able to enjoy my evening more than I thougth I would. DSs said she was lots of fun.

We used Fairy Godmothers in June for DSs 4 and 6. DH was attending a conference at CSR, and wanted me to attend one of the dinners with him because one of our employees was receiving an award at the dinner. I was really nervous before our sitter arrived but she was great. She is a Disney employee during the day and works for Fairy Godmothers at night. She brought a whole suitcase full of toys for DSs to enjoy while she was there. As DH and I were walking out the door, we heard her say, "ok, boys, the first thing we should do is dump out the toys all over the floor." I immediately relaxed a little and was able to enjoy my evening more than I thought I would. DSs said she was lots of fun.

PAdams, do you remember the name of your sitter? I want to make ressies in the next few days for November and I'd sure like to request someone that had a good recomendation. Thanks.

Has anyone used "Kids night Out"? Isn't that the offical WDW inroom sitter provider. I wonder why they didn't choose fairygodmothers?

Back in 1992 we attended a convention and used Fairy Godmothers for 4 consecutive nights. They provided us the same sitter - a young lady who I'm sure is long since gone. She was one of two things - the absolute best sitter we have ever had or the most amazing actress portraying the best sitter we ever had! I couldn't recommend them strongly enough!

We've used KinderCare 2x for on-site sitters and Fairy Godmothers for off-site once. All were just great, never a problem. I guess that's all I can say as I don't remember names of the sitters. I would not hesitate to use them again.

DisOrBust: As far as I know KinderCare was Disney's official babysitting Service. At least in March '01 they were. Maybe it has changed or they changed their name.

I would ask for credentials and drivers licence and criminal background check( this is done pretty rooutinely) . Has anyone asked for this info when their sitter came??

No - I have always and will continue to presume that because I am using a licensed and bonded service they have done all of that already. None of these companies are going to risk their entire business by not checking their employees six ways to Sunday. Fool proof - probably not, but substantially more than I could do without having access to the FBI database. :-)

Pretty trusting with your kids to someone you don't know. I like the idea of the background check etc. Even so, I think it would be very hard to leave your kids, alone, with someone you don't know, have no idea about anything about them, and, never even met them before. Westerfield probably seemed normal too, without a history which would show up on the computer, etc. Just my thoughts.

Now, with the group activities, where there are a number of kids, in a public place, sanctioned, and run, by Disney, held out in the open, I don't feel nearly as apprehensive about leaving the kids.

OK, so far this is what I have found out. All prices are based on 2 children. All will take your child "out 'n about" with your permission. None will take them swimming due to liability but playgrounds or arcades or lobby restaurant and stuff like that.

Kids Nite Out (aka Kinder Care): 407-827-5444 www.kidsniteout.com $15.50/hour + $8.00 travel charge and they have a pager service for another $5.00. 4 hour minimum. All sitters are at least 18 years old.

Fairy Godmothers: (407) 969-9847 and toll free 877-611-4314 $12.00/hour + $12.00 travel charge. 4 hour minimum. They do not offer a pager service, you must have celphone. They guarantee all sitters are mothers or grandmothers and non-smokers.

All About Kids: 407-812-9300 or 800-728-6506 $9.00/hour + $5.00 travel charge. 4 hour minimum. All sitters are at least 18 years old.

Now for the hard part. I know you usually get what you pay for but I cannot believe the $6.50/hour difference. I've heard so many good things about the Fairy Godmothers that it makes sense to go with them. However when I spoke with the woman on the phone she seemed very "gruff" not very talkative or informative for that matter. She answered my questions but gave no other insite into their company. Both the other places were quite outgoing. I would hope that the "fairy godmother" that came to watch my 2 little ones would certainly not be the woman I spoke with on the phone!

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter