Please share your favorite gluten free foods!

At Pizza Port, next to Space Mountain, go to the pizza counter and ask for a gluten free pizza. The chef will come out and talk to you for a minute and then it will take them about 10 minutes to make it. In general the food is awful at Pizza Port but their gluten free pizza really is really good. I don't have a problem with gluten but my wife does. But whenever we go there so she can get a pizza, I also get one because it really is good.

At Pizza Port, next to Space Mountain, go to the pizza counter and ask for a gluten free pizza. The chef will come out and talk to you for a minute and then it will take them about 10 minutes to make it. In general the food is awful at Pizza Port but their gluten free pizza really is really good. I don't have a problem with gluten but my wife does. But whenever we go there so she can get a pizza, I also get one because it really is good.

How big is the gluten free pizza? One person sized or bigger?

We're gluten free due to celiac (my daughters) and gluten intolerance (DH and me, especially since going completely GF in support of the kids). DH and I aren't super sensitive to cross-contamination, thankfully-- shared equipment or fryers have not been much of a problem for us, so that makes it easier. During our couples trip in Sept. 16, detailed in my trip report link in my signature, we had pretty good luck with the whole GF thing.
Mickey waffles at Plaza Inn character breakfast were good; they also had muffins.
Jolly Holiday bakery has flourless chocolate cake (really just seemed like brownies, but they were good).
I don't know if it's still the case, but Blue Bayou was willing and able to make a GF version of the Monte Cristo for me. I emailed ahead and asked and they said they could accommodate. It was pretty good. I think they used a GF hot dog bun, which made for a weird shape. Also, BB had really nice dinner rolls, brown bread rolls.
Also, re: rolls, we had such a mixed bag even at the nicest places. Get this, we managed to get in for lunch at Club 33, and the "garlic bread" was prettied-up hamburger buns, buttered, herbed and toasted. Same for Carthay Circle. Napa Rose does a gf flatbread that is very good.
World of Color dessert party will do a special plate for you. We forgot to order it ahead of time, bu they still rustled up some extra plates of GF goodies for us.
Almost everywhere, dessert options were limited to sorbet or creme brulee.
Every place we went had some options, esp. table service places. They were attentive to our needs, and mostly quite knowledgeable.
For pictures and lots of descriptions of our GF struggles, my birthday trip report has lots of info. :)

I have not had it, but a friend had the gluten free afternoon tea at S55 and loved it. She said the scones and goodies were delicious. I know she received extra special service, which was a real treat. We made the request on the reservation and again at check in. Everything was made separate for her, including her own plate of jams, clotted cream, and lemon curd, to avoid cross contamination at the table. My friend also recommends the gluten free cupcakes at Sprinkles in DTD. Delicious!

Its for one person.

Also note at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta in DCA they have the same pizza you can get at Pizza Port. They also have gluten free pasta and salads at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. When you go there you have to ask for the allergy menu at Pizza and Pasta. They don't post it on their regular menu. Overall I think the food at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta is very good.

Also note at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta in DCA they have the same pizza you can get at Pizza Port. They also have gluten free pasta and salads at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. When you go there you have to ask for the allergy menu at Pizza and Pasta. They don't post it on their regular menu. Overall I think the food at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta is very good.

Thank you! I was pretty underwhelmed with the gf pasta at WDW, hoping its better at DL.

We have had success at Jolly HOliday. I don't remember what we got the kids to eat but the chef came out and discussed options.

I'm guessing the teriyaki isn't soy free? :(

We did the gluten free burger at Hungry Bear, gluten free at rancho (corn tortillas), gluten free pastries at Jolly Holliday, gluten free pasta at Naples, gluten free (steak) at Napa Rose. Disney is great for gluten free. Very accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter