Please share your PAT experiences - not sure which time to choose

So if you choose to go to cabanas a bit later on the first day will the pool fast food places be open to tide you over if needed?

Also if you have a lot of bags (and like it quiet) how easy would it be to set up camp on some loungers somewhere and take it in turns to go to cabanas and bring a tray of food back for lunch? What if you wanted to do that in one of the quiet inside lounges?

We booked our DCL transfers from MCO after we had already chosen a PAT of 1230. If we take an early shuttle, like 10, are we going to be waiting in the port until 1230 to board?

So if you choose to go to cabanas a bit later on the first day will the pool fast food places be open to tide you over if needed?

Also if you have a lot of bags (and like it quiet) how easy would it be to set up camp on some loungers somewhere and take it in turns to go to cabanas and bring a tray of food back for lunch? What if you wanted to do that in one of the quiet inside lounges?

Yep, the fast food places should be open. Yep, you can set up camp in any of those places and bring food there.

What we did is have one person (who wanted to relax) sit with all of the bags (in a lounge or a lounge chair by the pool), while the rest of us explored or signed up for things and then when the crowd cleared we brought all of our bags up to Cabanas.

We have PAT time of 1215 and 1230 for two staterooms. I called DCL and they said we can arrive early to check in as we booked the cruise 3 weeks before embarkation date. So we need to try and get some tickets for meet and greets. What the CM told me over the phone true? I don't want to arrive early lets say 1115 and have to wait until 1230 to board. We are Silver CC is that makes any difference.

Your Boarding Group is tied to your PAT. So while you may certainly arrive at 11:15, your Boarding Group will be a higher number than those arriving at 11:15 whose PAT was 11:15.

Also while not common, if the terminal is at capacity they will deny entry to those not at or passed their PAT until the terminal clears a bit.

It looks like the March 17th cruise is sold out. not sure since they are still selling GTY rooms.

First PAT experience in May. Last cruise we did WDW transfers so we were there late. We were all starving, went to Cabanas and they were closing the buffet, so this time I am doing it myself. I chose a PAT of 10:45. How do you tell what boarding group number you are in? Does it show on your cruise documents or online. Do you have to wait until you check in to get a boarding group? We are renting a car from our hotel (at SW) and then dropping off at Cape Canaveral (hertz). Anyone have experience with how long it takes for them to shuttle you from car rental to port? Wondering how much time we should allot for that. Thanks!!

Oh...also, last time WDW transfers took care of our luggage. Please tell me we do not have to drag it through the ship. I was hoping they take it at check in and it will magically appear in our cabin once they are ready. :)

Early PAT does (usually) mean early boarding time. You won't know exactly when until you get there. Boarding often starts at 11:30 or so.

Shuttle from Hertz could take 30 minutes or more (or less). Drop off is fast, the drive isn't far. The wild card is how many other people are waiting to use the shuttle and how many shuttles Hertz has running that morning.

When you get to the port, your checked bags will be handed to the porters and arrive in your room usually around 1:30. You will have to handle your own carryon bags, much like you probably had to last time.

Follow up on our PAT experience. We boarded the Fantasy this past Saturday- April 14.
At online check in we did not have DCL transfers. I selected 10:45 PAT. 3 days before departure I added DCL transfers and my option to select PAT was gone. Arrived at the terminal via second bus from mco and got boarding group 6.

Follow up on our PAT experience. We boarded the Fantasy this past Saturday- April 14.
At online check in we did not have DCL transfers. I selected 10:45 PAT. 3 days before departure I added DCL transfers and my option to select PAT was gone. Arrived at the terminal via second bus from mco and got boarding group 6.
What time did you arrive?

We decided to take it a step further. We picked a late boarding group and pre-ordered a fruit and cheese tray to be in our cabin.

Our PAT experiences:
Cruise 1: Had a 10:45 time. Arrived at 10:45. Had to wait around until 11:45 or so for our Boarding number to be called. Group 5 or 6 if I remember correctly.

Cruise 2: Had a 11:00 time. Arrived at 11:30. Checked in and by then our boarding group (5) was already boarding. No wait at all.

Our plan for the next one is to choose an early PAT. Then arrive 30 mins or so after that to minimize waiting time in the terminal.

In late March, 10:45 PAT, got there about then, got board number 2. Got on the Dream about 11:30. Walked up to pool deck to kill time until Enchanted Garden opened at noon (and get a beer).

We are probably the opposite of everyone else. We like to get to port early. The kids get pictures with whatever characters are out, explore the terminal, go outside to look at the ship, and get in line to complete the kids club check in (not sure if this is till done at the terminal since it has been years since our last cruise). We have always done it this way and it works for us plus our kids are always starving so eating as soon as we can keeps them from getting "hangry".

I agree! In addition, I have also found it necessary to get 'in line' for something immediately upon boarding. Now that you can sign up online for the character meets and greets I thought I wouldn't have to this upcoming cruise. However, I was only able to get reservations for Palo for two instead of three so I have 1- 1 person reservation and 1-2 person reservation. When I get onboard I will want to see if I can modify that situation. Also, there is an excursion in Barcelona that you can only book while onboard. I am going to want to explore the possibility of that too. Thus, the necessity of an early PAT!

our on-line check-in is coming up real soon.. We are first time cruisers and want an early PAT time? what are our chances? 4 night Dream for Canavarel. Also are you able to modify later? i am thinking if we get a late one, then maybe an earier one may open up if people switch to DCL transfers?

our on-line check-in is coming up real soon.. We are first time cruisers and want an early PAT time? what are our chances? 4 night Dream for Canavarel. Also are you able to modify later? i am thinking if we get a late one, then maybe an earier one may open up if people switch to DCL transfers?
You will have a great chance of getting one of the earliest PAT’s. Be sure to login to the Disney website when your booking window opens. 75 days prior to your cruise if this is your first cruise.

Agree with the PP that you should be able to get an early one. The Dream has lots of 1st time cruisers on it. Our upcoming Magic cruise is the opposite, and even some gold members of our cruise group ended up with the 2nd earliest PAT (as did we, with silver booking date).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter