"Please Stand Up Before Exiting! BYE BYE!" WDW June 2013! UPDATE x3 1/25

Chapter 4: "Sorry We're the Only People Getting Off at this Stop!"

Now, this was both Erika and mine's first time staying at Saratoga Springs Resort, and we were both BLOW AWAY when our motorcoach pulled in!

As soon as our bus driver stopped, we both LEAPT out of our seats and ran to the front of the bus. However, we both kinda waited to see if anyone else was getting off here too (we didn't want to be too rude). Well. No one else got off. We were the only people on this motorcoach staying here. Whoops! :rotfl2: We apologized to our driver for being the only people here and for making him have to stop here. He said it was okay and just laughed at us for being so weird. Sorry we were not sorry though, this resort was BEAUTIFUL.

We wheeled our bags into the lobby and were in awe.

I mean seriously look at this chandy candy (a term coined by the ever so lovely SparklyNicole, a fabulous woman you all need to follow on facebook, twitter, and instagram! GO NOW!) :
IMG_3206_zps5e1b237d.jpg

Seriously so beautiful. I can't even express it. Next time you're in Disney go to SSR and look around. I promise you won't regret it! :thumbsup2

We, however, did not have a very magical experience checking in. We were first greeted by the most adorable, fancily clad, top hatted old man who directed us to check-in! So far so good. We were greeted by a young woman (college program cast member). She was nice, nothing special, but she was SO unhelpful and we felt like she really didn't want to be bothered with us. On top of that, SSR's computer system was completely down. So she took down our information and everything, but then proceeded to tell us that she could not check us in or give us any information about our room or anything. She told us that it was our job to call the SSR number (she gave us a business card), even though she took Erika's cell phone number down, and could've had someone call US when our room was ready. She was very rude about it and it was an upsetting experience with our first on property cast member. :worried:

I then proceeded to ask where we could take our bags and she pointed to bell services. So I went to the bathroom to change into shorts (I prefer to travel in yoga legging capris, they're comfortable and planes can be chilly!) and switch backpacks. We walked outside and dropped our bags off at bell services, all of the cast members here were very helpful and nice, yay!

I tweeted:
"Saratoga Springs is absolutely breathtaking. Now into our first meal of DISNEY FOOD. ��"

On that note, we made our way to Artist's Palette for the first of many times on this trip! DISNEY FOOD YUM.

Look at this place (my instagram version) :
IMG_3208_zps1802ff46.jpg

Such a beautiful setting for such beautiful food that was about to be consumed. Erika and I had our resort mugs in hand and proceeded to get in line and order. Erika ordered a cheese flatbread and I ordered the roast beef sandwich! YUM. Erika chose a mickey rice crispie for her dessert and I chose a chocolate croissant. YUM AGAIN. (I sucked at taking food pictures on this trip. Oops. :eek: )

After finishing our delicious and first Disney meal, we decided it was finally time to make our way to the bus stop!

Not before taking this picture:
IMG_3209_zpsb5fd2523.jpg

We honestly couldn't believe we were staying at such a beautiful resort. Especially on top of the fact that we were two best friends living it up in Disney. What could be better?

Up next: our first park of the trip! FINALLY.

Next Chapter!

Oh wow, leopard print luggage. :O

I have never had to deal with baggage claim, because I have never been on a plane! :drive:

Oh boy, luggage claim. It has given me soooo many panic attacks, I can't even count. It's so terrifying seeing all those happy people jumping up for their suitcases & you're just like .... :confused3
Glad you got your suitcase though!

I love the ME! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

I stayed at SS yeaaaars ago, it really is absolutely stunning.
I wish I had enough time in a trip to Disney to go to all the resorts & explore.
One day..... :cloud9:

That CM must've been having a rough day, but that's no reason to be rude! That's always disappointing having a bad experience with someone right off the bat!
Disney magic usually makes the rest of the trip good though! :wizard:

YUM, DISNEY FOOD. NEED IT NOW. GIMME!

Chapter 5: "What Should We Do First? I Don't Know I'm So Excited!"

Hi guys! Sorry I've been so slow updating. I don't really have a valid excuse. I got run over by a giraffe on my way to the mall...yeah! That's what happened! But I'm recovering and I'm okay for now! I will try to do as many updates as I can within these next few days because on Friday I leave for Daytona Beach with my best friend and sorority sister, Andrea! Her family has a house in Daytona and they have invited me to spend the week with them! Yahootie! We will be gone July 5-12, and we will be stopping for a day at the Magic Kingdom/Downtown Disney on the 7th! WEEEE. :mickeyjum

OKAY NOW THAT THAT'S DONE LET'S GET BACK TO THE GOOD STUFF. :teeth:

While we were waiting for our first Disney Parks motorcoach, I took a couple of pictures of our view/ SSR to occupy my time. At this point, I was full and ready to go and I just wanted to get to a park. Like...let's go people! I'm in Disney, I'm fed, I'm excited, I NEED A PARK.

Here are 2 nice pictures:

IMG_3210_zps3e810ad1.jpg

IMG_3211_zps60583a66.jpg

Gah. So beautiful. I have no idea what that green barn lookin thing is but I like it.

Finally after what seemed like eons, our bus pulled up. LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO! I may or may not have pushed small children and adults out of my way, but I just was too excited to care. SORRY STRANGERS IT'S EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF! Man, I'm so immature. YA LOVE ME ANYWAYS.

Erika and I boarded the Magic Kingdom bus at the Springs stop and sat in the two seats directly behind the bus driver. I always chose these when they were available (and no elderly people or adults were standing) because I feel like I'm in my own private cabana on the bus. And I get to be the first off. SO SELFISH.

Erika and I took this selfie:

IMG_3212_zpsb2fa14b4.jpg

Too excited to even keep our mouths closed for a selfie. :cool2:

The bus ride from SSR to MK is actually pretty short, maybe ten minutes, which surprised me, but no one's mad! Get me to the parks, stat!

We disembarked our motorcoach and skipped our way through the bus area to the nearest ticket booth because I needed to buy my annual pass! AHHHHH. This is my first time being an AP holder and I feel really really really offical and cool. But actually that means I spend way too much time and money in Disney. You're welcome, Iger. :earsboy:

MY AP AHHHH:

IMG_3219_zps08591814.jpg

Of course I had to get Minnie Mouse. She's been my girl since I can remember. She's so fabulous, I want to be her. Or Cinderella. Or Rapunzel (sidenote: it took me 348230948 tries to spell her name right.). OR ANYONE I JUST WANT TO BE A CHARACTER AND MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE. :sad:

With my AP in hand, we RAN to the fancy new entrance thingies (they're not technically turnstiles, so what else do I call them?). These are awesome! They're so much more efficient, faster, and easier to work than the old turnstiles. Also, I love the mickey heads. I know a lot of people are upset about the Magic Bands, especially the horrendous tacky merchandise, but I personally think they will make parkgoing so much more efficient and relaxing. I can't wait to have all of my vacation nonsense programmed into a bracelet. Like how freaking cool is that? SO COOL.

After I marveled at the new entrance thingies, Erika and I walked under that train station and caught our first glimpses of Main Street USA! I teared up. I CAN'T HELP MYSELF IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL AND I WAS SO EXCITED. Main Street is one of my favorite places in WDW, and the entire world. I love it so much. The music, trolleys, buildings, and window decorations. I love it all. I sometimes just sit and soak up the atmosphere that Main Street has to offer because it's that amazing. Next time you go to MK I challenge you to sit on a bench on Main Street for 15 minutes and just absorb it all. You'll thank me later. ALSO. Next time you're shopping on Main Street, take the time to look at the ceilings and upper displays. They have the COOLEST knickknacks and Victorian memorabilia. Well done Disney. Well done. Main Street is a feat within itself and it doesn't get nearly enough credit.

Now that I'm done professing my love for Main Street, Erika and I were off to explore the MK! Where would we go first? What would we do? It took us forever to decide. We were too excited and overcome by joy and happiness we physically couldn't decide what to do first.

Would we ever make that decision? Stay tuned!

Next Chapter!

Oh boy, luggage claim. It has given me soooo many panic attacks, I can't even count. It's so terrifying seeing all those happy people jumping up for their suitcases & you're just like .... :confused3
Glad you got your suitcase though!

I love the ME! SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

I stayed at SS yeaaaars ago, it really is absolutely stunning.
I wish I had enough time in a trip to Disney to go to all the resorts & explore.
One day..... :cloud9:

That CM must've been having a rough day, but that's no reason to be rude! That's always disappointing having a bad experience with someone right off the bat!
Disney magic usually makes the rest of the trip good though! :wizard:

YUM, DISNEY FOOD. NEED IT NOW. GIMME!

Yeah, baggage claim gives me anxiety every time, but I overpack like it's my job. I would need like 6 carryons. Which isn't allowed. So I check my nonsense, hoping it makes it to my destination! I actually had another baggage claim incident when I arrived back home, but I'll get to that eventually ;)

I know! I love all Disney resorts and I would absolutely love not only to have the opportunity to stay at each of them, but just to take a day and resort hop and look at all of them and be reminded of how much Disney magic there is outside the parks. But usually I'm so GO GO GO I forget to do that kind of stuff and I end up riding ToT 6 times in a row instead...:rotfl2:

And yeah, I'm sure she was having a rough day, which is why I didn't include her name or anything. It just was such a sour way to start our trip! She was engaged though, so hopefully her fiance made her day better :lmao:

I'm so homesick for Disney that I have trouble eating regular Ohio food. It's not Disney food. It's not worthy. I NEED THE DISNEY FOOD. NEED.

Thanks for stopping by! :lovestruc

Chapter 6: "Where Should We Go? Bonnie Make a Decision!"

Oy this title is so accurate. I think I was too overwhelmed by my sheer joy and excitement that my decision-making skills were thrown completely out of one of the fancy Main Street Imagineer windows. BYE DECISIONS. And it was particularly frustrating for Erika because normally I am very decisive, but when I get with her. I'm not. At all. When she and I try to decide where to eat, it usually takes us 324098209 hours to make that decision and that's because we're near death by famine. Moral of the story: I am usually a very decisive person, but when I'm hungry/ in Disney World and excited I'm not by any means.

As Erika and I were strolling down Main Street crying because we were finally there, we reached the end of Main Street where you either commit to walking to Tommorowland, Adventureland, or towards the Partners Statue to take pictures and/or walking through the castle. The point of decisions. It was now or never. Never being that we would spend the entire day standing idly on Main Street as fellow tourists passed us by staring at us like we have issues. In their defense, we do have issues, but that's a whole other story for another day! :rolleyes1

On my many trips to WDW, I always make the same path through MK on the first day. Always. I'm a creature of habit. I'm a type-A control freak, that's why I'm a science major. So I decided that today was the day I do not deviate from tradition and we made our way to Pirates of the Caribbean! pirate: Yay! Dead men telling no tales! Mermaids! Cannonballs! Dirty Disney Water Smell (YES THAT REQUIRES CAPS BECAUSE IT'S THAT AMAZING.) And one of the best Disney quotes of all time: BE BRAVE CARLOS, DON'T BE CHIIIIIIIICKEN! :lmao: Ah. Classic.

Today, however, everyone decided to be in the Magic Kingdom so the wait for Pirates was 30 minutes! WHAT. I never wait this long for this ride. I mean, I'm so impatient and I come to Disney so often that I never wait in lines longer than 30 minutes max. I KNOW I KNOW. I can't help it. I hate lines. I don't even wait for them when I go to Cedar Point, and that's not only America's Roller Coast but its America's Longest Ride Lines Ever Coast. But Erika was so mad at me for not deciding that I committed to Pirates. Weee!

Erika and I spent our time chatting and gabbing away and before we knew it we were smellin that smell and Carlos was bein brave. So fun!

I know I'm lacking in photos, there will be more coming I promise! SORRY I WAS DISTRACTED.

ANWAYS. We traipsed through the Pirates gift shop and decided to continue on to Frontierland! We snagged fastpasses for Splash Mountain and moved on! We spent a lot of today meandering and just taking it all in! We visited our favorite Ghost Host and enjoyed every minute of that and I recited the entire ride monologue because I'm really cool and I can. YUP. I'M THAT PERSON.

After the Mansion, we went to the Tangled bathrooms because Erika and I share a special love for Tangled, Pascal, and Maximus. We also decided to call the number the rude SSR CM gave us to see if our room was ready because we were getting tired and wanted to go swimming. Unfortunately our room was not ready and it was already 3:00 pm by this time. :( That put a sour taste in our mouths, not to mention Fantasyland was busy as busy can be so everything had 40+ min waits. EVERYTHING.

What would we do next? Who knows, I'm indecisive!

Again, I apologize for a photo-less update. :sad1:

Next Chapter!

Chapter 7: "Why is Everyone at the Magic Kingdom!?"

AH. SO MANY PEOPLE. Especially in Fantasyland. I'm pretty sure everyone decided to fly over Neverland, see them worldly dolls, and visit New Fantasyland. Seriously though. Woah.

After passing every ride in fantasyland, we decided to check out the Tea Cups. Big mistake. The Tea Cups had a 45 minute wait. Um. No. Sorry. We still have 4 more days, we'll be back. :crowded:

At this point, Erika and I were just getting really frustrated. MK was super crowded. Neither of us could commit to a ride. Our room still wasn't ready. We both wanted to go swimming but couldn't. We still had almost 2 hours before our dinner ADR. It was extremely hot. We just weren't in a very good place at this point. At all. It definitely would've been nice if we could've gone to SSR to settle in and go for a swim. Oh well.

We reached the Tomorrowland Speedway and I decided to let Erika drive me around! Mainly so we could both be off our feet for at least 10 minutes!

IMG_3215_zpsb3b253f5.jpg

IMG_3216_zps176108c0.jpg

YEAH SPEEDWAY YEAH!

In all honesty, we had a blast on the Speedway! We were both brought out of our bad places and placed right back into being excited to be on vacation!

I MEAN WHO CAN BE MAD AT THIS VIEW?

IMG_3218_zps44282cf2.jpg

DAT. CASTLE.

After our nice, leisurely, bumpy ride, we forged on! We were eligible to get another fastpass, so we scored Space Mountain fastpasses that weren't late at all! We knew it would be an early night because we were travel tired and we still needed to check into our hotel. Whoops. So now we have fastpasses for both Splash and Space Mountain! Would we stop there? WHO KNOWS.

We bopped around Tomorrowland, enjoying the futuristic area music! We decided to take a load off. We graced one of the greatest attractions to ever exist: Carousel of Progress! I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of this attraction. It's classic. It's Walt Disney. It's ROVER. It's amazing. I am a huge Walt Disney historian/self proclaimed Walt Disney buff, so anything classic and his direct legacy is up my alley! Erika also had never ridden it so WE WENT. She happily enjoyed it and was singing that lovely song and I was in heaven. Everything was perfect. I was in one of my favorite attractions. I was sitting next to me absolute best friend. Life was too good to be true.

After we enjoyed the progress of time, we headed to a galactic quest! BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! Erika and I both admitted that we suck at this game. I don't know how people max our their guns. I am so bad. I'm lucky to break 100,000. She and I equally sucked.

IMG_3213_zpse38419d5.jpg

We're so cute, I know. ;)

At this point, it was creeping to our ADR time so we decided to head over to our dining destination! FINALLY. MORE DISNEY FOOD. And it's my personal favorite! It was also Erika's first time dining at this AMAZING dining establishment.

Where would we be eating? You shall see! NOMS.

Also, this will be my last update for at least a week as I venture down to Daytona Beach! I will promise to keep the updates going once I get back!

Real Life Update!

hey!! ke'ala here...loving your TR so far! I can totally feel your excitement! Can't wait to see what's next!! Definitely jumping on board with you!! =)

Joining in! I'll be going to WDW with three of my friends in August, this TR is making me excited! Have fun in Daytona :goodvibes

Hi there! Just joined and I'm all caught up! Funny enough, I was actually in Disney World with my family June 13-18 so we pretty much had the same vacation week!

Real Life Update!

Hi guys! :wave2: How've you been? I've missed you all! I just wanted to fill you in on my vacation to Daytona :beach:, which includes a day in Disney (woo!)!

On friday, I just got back from my vacation to Daytona Beach with my sorority sister Andrea! Wee! Her family actually has a house in Ormond Beach, which is like 5 minutes away from Daytona! It was a blast! Their complex has a pool, so we spent hours there on the daily. It was very relaxing and I definitely overdosed on Vitamin D. Let's just say my scalp got sunburnt and now I look like I need to be in a commercial for Head n Shoulders. :lmao: But I do have a killer tan, so I guess all good things do come with a price! We went to the pier at the beach one night, which was a lot of fun. We also checked out the local mall and some very tasty restaurants! The only bummer about the vacation was the awful drive to and from Daytona.

But I know what you all are waiting for. I'm sure you don't really care about my pool time and all that nonsense. I totally understand. The good stuff is comin! My day in Disney! Yay!

On Sunday, Andrea and I woke up bright and early at 5:30 AM and were on the road by 6:15 to Disney! The drive took about an hour, so we arrived at the TTC around 7:30 (give or take 15 minutes)! We hopped straight onto the monorail to the Grand Floridian to get Andrea's ticket and to get MICKEY WAFFLES.

When we disembarked the monorail, I ran into the Grand. As soon as those automatic doors opened I bolted in and took the biggest whiff of my life. Those of you who have stayed or been to the Grand know what I'm talkin about. This resort smells like heaven and fancy stuff. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. I wish I could have a plug-in of it at home. No I don't because then it wouldn't be special anymore. I'm conflicted. But Disney should totally get on board with having glade plug-ins of their delicious smells. Dirty Disney Water plug-in. Grand Floridian plug-in. Beach Club plug-in. Main Street Popcorn plug-in. Rome is Burning plug-in. See where I'm going with this? If any of you want to join in this business venture, just let me know! It's a gold mine. :thumbsup2

And I didn't just whiff once. I whiffed all the way down that regal staircase, through the lobby, and even at the Concierge desk while Andrea was getting her ticket. The CM working just looked at me and laughed. I told her I wasn't sorry at all because it smells so good. All the CMs just laughed at me. I have that effect on people when I'm bein a goof, especially in Disney World. NO SHAME. :banana:

Once we got that ticket nonsense done, we headed straight for Gasparilla Grille! Remember when it was called Gasparilla Grille n Games? I do! Those games were really loud and annoying and took up a lot of room. Now that there are no more games, the title has been reduced. My family always calls is Gaspy's because we're VIPs like that. :cool2: But I'm sure that other people have probably come up with that abbreviation too, it's not THAT clever. Although we think it is. Andrea and I ordered our Mickey Waffles WOO! :dumbo: I got mine with breakfast potatoes (I HATE breakfast meat, especially bacon) and I also got a cinnamon roll because I am a fatty and I was determined to eat as much Disney food as I could today. YUM.

As soon as we took our final bites, we RAN out of there to the monorail! MAGIC KINGDOM IS WAITING, COME ON! We rode the monorail again and I got these killer shots! Once we arrived and entered the park, we watched the welcome show! I sang along because I have it on my iPod and I'm cool like that. :dance3:

We lingered on Main Street (if you've read my previous updates y'all know how much I love Main Street) and headed straight for Tomorrowland! We rode Space 2 times in a row and grabbed a fast pass that was available in about 20 minutes! We went on Buzz Lightyear and then the Peoplemover!

After the Peoplemover, we went on Astro Orbiter! We met the nicest Scottish family in line, their accents were amazing. We took a spin on the Orbiter and went back to Space! 3 rides on Space before 11 AM? Not too shabby. After that, we decided to head out of Tomorrowland to the new Starbucks! I'm a recent Starbucks convert in real life, earning my official Common White Girl status, so I definitely had to get one of those amazing Disney Starbucks cups! As much as I enjoy Starbucks and the caffine, I didn't really like the inside. The theming was good and kept with the times and everything, but I just miss the old Bakery. And I really don't like how I have to get Starbucks food and not Disney food. And I didn't like how I couldn't sit inside and enjoy my drink. Otherwise, it was delicious and I will definitely be back!

With caffine in hand, we headed to Fantasyland! We got fastpasses for Peter Pan's Flight then went into New Fantasyland (I wonder how long we will all be calling it New Fantasyland...like when does it become just Fantasyland? Will it ever? Who knows!) and walked right onto Ariel! After the ride, we went to get in line at Ariel's Grotto becasue Ariel is Andrea's absolute favorite princess. Their interaction was precious and I'm pretty sure Andrea made Ariel's day, even though Andrea is a 21 year old adult. Sometimes we "adults" are even bigger kids than the kids. Who cares though, right? princess:

After Andrea cried with Ariel we went on one of my favorites, It's a Small World! At this point, we were feeling rumbly in our tumblies so we went to my favorite counter service, Peco's Bill! YUM. I love their taco salads. pirate: It's such a cool looking restaurant too.

After lunch, we went to Pirates and the Jungle Cruise! As much as I love the Jungle Cruise, my latest skippers haven't been good at all. They just rush through the dialogue and jokes. It's a bummer because I would have so much fun doing that. Oh well. Not everyone can be as cool as us Disers right? After our 2 week journey, I went to get one of my new favorite snacks, a citrus swirl! YUMMY.

At this point, we went to Frontierland to get fastpasses for Splash Mountain! We scored FPs and headed back to Fantasyland to use our PPF FPs! We did a spin on Haunted Mansion first though. Then we did Peter Pan! After PPF we did Mickey's Philharmagic! We then headed to Storybook Circus to do Dumbo (it was Andrea's first time!) and then we went back over to use our Splash Mountain FPs. We were in the front row. It was Andrea's first time ever (I KNOW. SHE'S A NOOB. We're actually trying to plan a December trip with her me and our 2 sorority sisters for Dec 26-30! Stay tuned!). She was freaking out. I was in hysterics the whole time. And we got SOAKED. Like to the bone. And we were wearing white shorts, so needless to say MK got a nice look at my underwear. It was hilarious! And it felt good because it was so hot!

After getting soaked, we went on Big Thunder, my personal favorite ride ever! Then we did Haunted Mansion again, I got a Mickey Pretzel, and we just sat in the Tangled area and charged our phones and loved life. Then it got to be about 5:00, we had a Liberty Tree reservation at 6:40, but we just couldn't wait. So I said, well let's just check in almost 2 hours early and see what happens! Worst case, we sit in the AC for a while! Well we were seated within 5 minutes. WOO! It was really not crowded at all, or in Andrea's words: "I love how crowded it was not". :rotfl2: She's a grammar queen. We enjoyed a deliciously American feast. MURICA.

At this point, it was getting to be around 6:15, her mom was picking us up at DTD around 8:30, and we were just spent. We had been up since 5:30, it was blazing hot, and we had pretty much done everything we needed/wanted to do that day. So we paid for our feast, and shopped as we left the park. We caught the monorail to the Contemporary, and we actually played this game where we would gesture a ride and the other person had to figure it out, it was freaking hilarious and the people in our car probably thought we were goons, which we are. Oh well! No one's mad.:cool1: We then caught a bus from the Contemporary to DTD and did some more shopping, I got ice cream at Ghirardelli, and then we headed out around 9:00 pm, since we had an hour long drive ahead of us.

WHEW THIS IS A LONG UPDATE I'M SORRY. But it was a wonderful day, definitely the highlight of the vacation! As I said before, we are trying to plan a December trip! Since Andrea only has 2 weeks off from nursing school, it'll have to be a short trip after Christmas, hopefully we will take a super early flight on the 26 and a late flight on the 30th giving us 5 days in the park (3 full non travel days)! We are thinking about staying at Pop Century since AoA is full and we may even do the dining plan! Once we finalize plans and figure everything out, I'll do another real life update to fill you all in on my next trip (which means another trip report, woo!)!

Up Next: a Photo Gallery of Daytona and Disney!

Photo Gallery!

Photo Update! :cool1:

Here is a gallery of photos from my trip to Daytona, and mainly Disney! Enjoy!

Pool-view!
IMG_3472_zps0baa2144.jpg

Selfie I sent to my mom after my first full day in the sun, when I was already feeling the overdosing of Vitamin D :sad2:
IMG_3473_zpse3c944fb.jpg

Sidenote: I had a ginormous fail and ripped one of my contacts, so my mom had to send me some, but I didn't get them until Monday so I had to wear my glasses to WDW, so when I had my sunglasses on I was blind. Oops. :rotfl2:

A picture of the pier we went to at Daytona:
IMG_3532_zps38ff201f.jpg

NOW HERE ARE THE DISNEY PICTURES!

Mickey Waffles! (Apparently I was too embarrassed to allow my cinnamon roll to be in the picture as well...I'm a fatty when it comes to Disney food, and I'm proud!)
IMG_3479_zps5d0f1c1a.jpg

View from the Monorail:
IMG_3480_zps68cb39b1.jpg

Main Street Love:
IMG_3483_zpsaba115ba.jpg

IMG_3484_zpscbe11023.jpg

Peoplemover selfie:
IMG_3492_zpsc338981f.jpg

In line for Astro Orbiter:
IMG_3492_zpsc338981f.jpg

Main Street Starbucks!
IMG_3497_zpsb7fc6c45.jpg

My dream job:
IMG_3498_zpsb005564e.jpg

Inside of Peco's Bill:
IMG_3501_zps4cf72967.jpg

The Mansion:
IMG_3509_zps17ab210e.jpg

Dumbo photo series!
IMG_3504_zps1d25ab6b.jpg

IMG_3505_zps89590b87.jpg

IMG_3506_zps723a9576.jpg

WE'RE SOAKEDDDDDD:
IMG_3507_zps51d0bc8e.jpg

Mickey Pretzel selfie:
IMG_3510_zpsf5a7c4e4.jpg

Tangled Area:
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p765/bibbidibonnie/Florida%20with%20Andrea/IMG_3516_zps004c5253.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p765/bibbidibonnie/Florida%20with%20Andrea/IMG_3513_zpsa34245c2.jpg

Liberty Tree Chandy Candy:
IMG_3514_zps28ff21c2.jpg

And finally, the last picture I took that day!
IMG_3515_zps6864bcbe.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed these photos! If you want to keep up with my photos daily, follow my Instagram: Bibbidibonnie! If you want to keep up with my daily life follow my Twitter: Bibbidibonnie!

Thanks for following along!

Up Next: Back to the TR!

Next Chapter!

Chapter 8: "I am Determined to Complete the Triple Mountain Whammy, Even If It Kills Me!"

Our ADR was at Liberty Tree Tavern! Okay. This is my absolute favorite restaurant in the entire World. Including Planet Earth. It is the epitome of deliciousness. And America. It's a food fatty's dream! THEY JUST KEEP BRINGING YOU FOOD. If you run out of stuffing? They bring more! Out of mac n cheese? Here's another bowl of it! Full? Here's dessert! IT'S THE BEST. I prefer dining here for dinner because I enjoy the family style and just having my meal decided for me and brought without me having to make any decisions. The definite winner of the meal was the Mac n Cheese and Stuffing. Oh and the potatoes. And the bread. BASICALLY EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING.

I was too busy feasting to take any food pictures, I'm sorry! I was really bad with food pictures on this vacation. Like I don't think I have any. DON'T HATE ME! If you want to stop reading this TR now, I understand. :sad1:

After we feasted and ate enough for the Cheaper by the Dozen family, we were sittin pretty on these FPs:

IMG_3213_zpse38419d5.jpg

We went from Liberty Tree straight to Splash Mountain! It's always a great idea to feast your brains out then go down Chickapin Hill, right? We're warriors.

Maybe we should've digested first? OH WELL WE'RE TRAPPED.
IMG_3222_zps8d6cfbd4.jpg

Can I please just talk about how much I love this ride soundtrack? It's amazing. I listen to it at least 4 times a week. It's so happy and cheery and then it gets scary and then it gets happy again and it's just that amazing. It's in my top 5 favorite ride soundtracks ever.

After Splash, we had some time to kill before our Space Mountain FP, so we slowly meandered our way to Tomorrowland. We took a ride on It's a Small world, another absolute favorite of mine. Mary Blair, you are perfection (if not for IASM, for the 5 legged goat the Contemporary!). Everything about this ride is perfection. The dolls. The glitter. The soundtrack. The message. It's a Small World is my top absolute favorite ride soundtrack. I listen to it everyday. The yodeling doll is my text tone and alarm tone. If I'm sad? I listen to IASM. If I am happy? I listen to IASM. It's basically the answer to everything. I love it so much.

How could anyone hate this ride? It's the happiest cruise that ever sailed!
IMG_3226_zps63cc17b4.jpg

After Small World, we were feeling really tired at this point so we just took in the sights. MK is beautiful at all times of the day, but especially at dusk.

Look at this view:
IMG_3228_zps20ec8e92.jpg

We were able to walk through the castle! It was my first time in years!
IMG_3230_zps01c05bdd.jpg

Beautiful at every angle. This was one of my favorite photos I took:
IMG_3231_zps1ef3892f.jpg

Hi beautiful:
IMG_3233_zps24fb092c.jpg

After we swooned over the castle, we decided it was time for ice cream! I mean, it's always time for ice cream. On our way to the Parlor, we were getting slaphappy at this point and started coming up with "Good Guy Tourist" memes. Good Guy Tourist: Doesn't walk in front of your camera when you're taking a photo. Good Guy Tourist: Gives you FPs he's not going to use. Good Guy Tourist: Hits you with his stroller. Apologizes. We thought it was really hilarious. This is what Erika and I do when we're together. :rotfl2:

HI ICE CREAM PARLOR I LOVE YOU:
IMG_3236_zps01a6ba39.jpg

At this point, it was time for our Space Mountain FPs! WOO! 2nd Mountain in a row!

Yup. This happened.
IMG_3237_zps14f7b547.jpg

When we got off the ride, we realized we only had 10 minutes until our Big Thunder FP was going to expire. OOPS. So. We booked it. I mean we MALL WALKED to Frontierland. Did we get weird looks? Yup. Did we run into humans and just keep walking? Yup. My arms were pumpin. I WAS GOING TO COMPLETE THE TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY IF IT WAS GOING TO KILL ME. We RAN through parade crowds. I used nature to my advantage as I used tree stumps to launch me in front of people. If this were an olympic sport, we would've been gold medalists. Why? BECAUSE WE MADE IT WITH A MINUTE TO SPARE THAT'S WHY. We made it from Tomorrowland to Frontierland in under 10 minutes with parade crowds. :cheer2: But boy were we exhausted. We were sweating, hyperventilating, and basically dying. But we made it!

YAY BIG THUNDER!
IMG_3238_zpsf42aaefc.jpg

We were not wearing blush folks, that's how hard we booked it.

After this, we were completely spent. Almost dead. Plus, if you remember from earlier updates, we still were not checked into SSR!

Up Next: Leaving the MK and SSR nonsense!

Next Chapter!

Chapter 9: "They Better Have a Golf Cart Waiting for Us!"

After we finished our spin on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness, Erika and I had just about had enough and were ready to crash. I was running on an hour of sleep + maybe 2 hours of bad airplane sleep, and Erika was running on maybe 3, so it was high time we went back to the hotel. We would've gone back for a swim, but if you have read previous updates, you all know that we didn't have a room yet. :faint:

We trudged our way out of Frontierland towards Main Street to catch a bus back to SSR. We walked through the thick parade crowds and finally made it to the bus stop! However, everyone and their brother was trying to get a bus back to SSR so we ended up having to stand on a bus packed like sardines. :crowded: Now, I normally have no issue standing on the buses, the seats are meant for people who really cannot stand for an extended period of time, and I am not one of those people. However, I had been up for almost 36 hours straight and had been at the MK all day, so I was really feeling the exhaustion. Erika and I kept bumping into each other while we were standing. It was a rough bus ride.

We finally made it to the Springs to check in. At this point, we also did not realize that SSR had multiple bus stops within itself. This resort is huge. I actually do not believe it is a resort, it's more like the City of Saratoga Springs. ITS HUGE. Like. Wow. When Erika and I realized that we could potentially be miles away from the main building we both looked at each other and said: "Well, they better have a golf cart ready to take us to our room!" and we were not kidding.

We encountered a different cast member at the front desk (it was hitting 11 pm now) and they were very helpful getting us checked in and our room. Our room ended up being in the Carousel, which is not at all close to the Springs. So they directed us to bell services where we got our luggage and a golf cart :worship: .

Once we arrived, we RAN to our room. We were dead. We were feeling icky. We needed showers and sleep.

I unpacked a little and situated myself. Erika got the first shower shift so I took a tour of our room, like a good Diser!

SO HERE'S OUR ROOM ENJOY.

Towel Mickey:
IMG_3239_zps6a0d298a.jpg

Close up of our comforter! I love the tribute to Fox and the Hound!
IMG_3240_zpsb1554609.jpg

We ended up sharing the queen bed:
IMG_3241_zps404a59f7.jpg

Our couch that we were too lazy to pull out:
IMG_3242_zps26fe8a30.jpg

Artwork in the room:
IMG_3243_zps074ef30b.jpg

IMG_3244_zps4dd3f082.jpg

Our TV boudoir:
IMG_3245_zps5d42327a.jpg

The kitchenette:
IMG_3246_zpsf05a89e0.jpg

Bathroom:
IMG_3247_zps5fd6657c.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the bathroom:
IMG_3263_zps0767c39d.jpg

And coat hook thingy:
IMG_3248_zps2cc37867.jpg

That concludes the DVC room tour for this update! We had a beautiful studio at SSR! I loved our room and the resort is beautiful. However, it's just too big. The bussing system was difficult. We were so far away from the main building so it was like a 1.5 mile walk to the FOOD and pool, which was awful. In the middle of the day when we would be tired and want to go for a swim, we usually didn't since it would take so long to get to our room and then walk to the pool, it would've just wasted so much time. As much as I loved SSR, the only way I would stay again is if I stayed in the Springs, it was just too large for Erika and me. But we had the points and were lucky to stay here and we really did love it!

Once Erika and I showered and such, we crashed. Sorry this update is kind of boring.

Up Next: First full day in Disney, yay!

Next Chapter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!