Please support the GKTW Gingerbread Run 5K 11/14/2015

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
Hi everyone. On November 14, 2015, GKTW Village will host the 7th annual Gingerbread Run 5K. There are a number of ways you can help support this great event.

1. If you will be in Florida and are so inclined, you can register to run at gktw.org.
2. If you will not be in Florida, you can register as a virtual runner and do your run wherever you happen to be.

3. If running just isn't your thing, you can lend your financial support by making a donation.

My wife and I will both be running at GKTW Village that day and we are looking for folks to donate to support our efforts. Any amount - $5, $10, or whatever you can contribute - would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to GKTW and are fully tax-deductible. If you are able to help, please use one of the following links to get to our personal fundraising pages. Thank you very much for your support!

Marci's Page:
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1234884&pg=personal&fr_id=1351

Steve's Page:
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1258665&pg=personal&fr_id=1351

Last edited:
Is there a team or a group of people running together for this? I'm currently in week 2 of Couch to 5K and would like to do this, but am wary about running alone in what will be my second 5K.

Hi Cristen. There is not currently a DIS team. My wife and I are registered as individuals. I'd like to organize a team though. Even if we don't, we'd certainly be happy to meet up with anyone who is running. I've been trying to get them to talk about the run on the podcast but that hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping that once it does, more people will sign up. We'd love to have you join us no matter what.

Hi Cristen. There is not currently a DIS team. My wife and I are registered as individuals. I'd like to organize a team though. Even if we don't, we'd certainly be happy to meet up with anyone who is running. I've been trying to get them to talk about the run on the podcast but that hasn't happened yet. I'm hoping that once it does, more people will sign up. We'd love to have you join us no matter what.

Thanks Steve! :) I'm going to see how my knee goes as I increase mileage. Once I'm confident my knee can handle a full 5k, we'll go from there.

Thanks Steve! :) I'm going to see how my knee goes as I increase mileage. Once I'm confident my knee can handle a full 5k, we'll go from there.
If it helps any, my wife is NOT a runner. She will be doing this purely for fun and probably walking/very lightly jogging the whole way. I'm sure there will plenty more like her who are not focusing on speed.

On the other hand, I am a runner (or at least like to think I am) so I'll be shooting for 30 minutes or so.

Hi everyone. On November 14, 2015, GKTW Village will host the 7th annual Gingerbread Run 5K. There are a number of ways you can help support this great event.

1. If you will be in Florida and are so inclined, you can register to run at gktw.org.
2. If you will not be in Florida, you can register as a virtual runner and do your run wherever you happen to be.

3. If running just isn't your thing, you can lend your financial support by making a donation.

My wife and I will both be running at GKTW Village that day and we are looking for folks to donate to support our efforts. Any amount - $5, $10, or whatever you can contribute - would be fantastic and greatly appreciated. All donations go directly to GKTW and are fully tax-deductible. If you are able to help, please use one of the following links to get to our personal fundraising pages. Thank you very much for your support!

Marci's Page:
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1234884&pg=personal&fr_id=1351

Steve's Page:
http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1258665&pg=personal&fr_id=1351
Consider me somebody you only got to ask once, Dr. Steve! :)

No - thank YOU and Marci (and all the others) for participating to help support this wonderful Village!!
We love being involved. We're excited about doing the 5K. It's actually held in the village which is really neat. Kaylee (from GKTW) told us that the families all line up along the streets to cheer on the runners, the characters are out for photo ops, and more. It should be a lot of fun.

We also just signed up last night for a volunteer shift during the week that we'll be there. We volunteered last year for the first time and can't wait to get back and do it again.

Thanx again to you and Marci, and enjoy your shift and your runs, Steve. Have a wonderful trip all around!!

Thanx again to you and Marci, and enjoy your shift and your runs, Steve. Have a wonderful trip all around!!
We did our volunteer shift today. We'll be back on Thursday just to pick up our race packets and then on Saturday for the race. Thankfully, the weather is breaking tonight as it's been summertime hot and humid since we got here and we didn't want to be doing a 5K in that weather. The Disney 1/2 marathon the other night actually got cut short due to weather (lightening). They only ran 7.1 miles instead of 13.1.

Saw the start of the Run on FB, Steve - thinking of you and Marci!! :)

Saw the start of the Run on FB, Steve - thinking of you and Marci!! :)
Just got back to our condo. We had a great time. It is a beautiful day here, there was a great turnout for the race, and it was lots of fun. It was DW's first ever 5K so that was extra exciting. They raised well over $250,000 which is the best part of all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!