PO Mansion room need repair?

melgrek

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been unhappy with their room in the mansions? I read that some of the rooms needed to be redone. Could someone let me know... Thank you

More than being refurbished, it just needed a very good cleaning.
New bedspread and paint would be nice. But just clean floors, walls, etc, would be a vast improvement to the room we had.

Our room in the mansions 12/00 needed a good cleaning or refurb. My parents room (right next door) and my two sister's rooms were fine!! Our room had stains on the rugs and smelled musty - the stains may have come out with a good shampoo. The rooms get used a lot and they are not going to look perfect forever!! Let's face it people are people and do not always take care when it is not their own. I think some people have the attitude - Spilled coffe on the rug - oh well - they pay people to clean it up. IMHO!!! Was I unhappy with our room? Sort of (the musty smell) - did not let it ruin our vacation but wished I had one of my sister's rooms or my parents! Did not want to change rooms because we were together. I would stay there again in a heart beat - very nice grounds and food court.

Thank you for your replies, I was wondering if I should switch. I decided to stay there, and if my room is that bad, I will ask to be moved. Last year we stayed @ the GF with an AP rate (our first visit to WDW) and we changed rooms. They put us in a smoking building, when I requested non. I didn't smell smoke, but it made me feel uneasy. What if someone fell asleep smoking. The CM said they didn't guarantee a room wouldn't smell, because even if it's non people still light up.

We have stayed there twice and our rooms were in excellent condition :D ! IF you get one of these "rare" rooms that has a stain or smell, simply ask to move;) . We love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter