Pocket WiFi

nutshell

Oh, Disney!
What pocket WiFi do you use in Japan and where do you get it?

Also, we’ll be there 21-days. We were looking at one plan but it would require a 30-day plan or a 14 + 7, which would require returning it after 14 then getting another. Ugh!

Help please!

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm planning on using my normal phone with Verizon's international plan for $10/day.

I'm planning on using my normal phone with Verizon's international plan for $10/day.
I’m pretty sure that will be more expensive then a pocket WIFI and the speed will be slower. I have Sprint and things were dreadful last time when I tried using my phone without the pocket WIFI.

We rented pocket wifi from Global Advanced Communications and didn't have any issues while we were there anywhere in the country (From Tokyo down to Hiroshima). We picked the pocket wifi up at the post office inside terminal 2 at Narita when we landed and dropped it in the mail at Haneda airport on our way to China. I want to say that we paid roughly 10,700 yen for 11 days of "super premium" which was plenty fast for two of us who are constantly on our phones with no dead spots that I can remember. The experience in Japan was lightyears better than China but that is another story for another day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!