PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

Cherinva

Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector
Hi Everyone...thought I would start a thread so we can start chatting and get to know each other. So far, most of the ones that posted on the Cabin #'s thread are repeat podcast cruisers, but we do have a couple of newbees...so here's your chance to say hello.

Welcome to all. I am looking forward to this cruise...I think it 's going to be very exciting and a lot of fun. Having 7 days is going to be great. I can't wait to see what the Team...or rather the Genuis has in store for us !!!!

Have a great day, and I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

I guess I should say a little about myself...my (real) name is Cheri. I have been a Disney Fan since I was very little. My first experience was going to DisneyLand in the late 70s...Once I got back to the east coast..I've been going to WDW as often as I can. I was on PCC 2.0 with my DD, and DGD. This next cruse, it will be just my DGD and myself .

Note: To the new cruisers, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Someone will be able to give an answer, I'm sure.

Great idea!

Val & I are long-time Disney fans. Our story is pretty magical, some of which you can read about in my response to this thread

We've been on PCC 1.0 & 2.0 plus we are booked for 3.0. We've also done DAP and are going to be at this years event in December.

Katie checking in! I have been a Disney nut since my first trip in 1990. I have been back several times on school and personal trips as well as a few solo trips. As of right now I will be taking the cruise solo and am very excited! Can't wait to meet everyone ahead of time!

Thought I'd check in too...DW & I are currently booked on PCC 4.0, and it will be our first PCC. We've been on 4 DCL sailings to date (two 3-Nighters on the Wonder before she went West, one 7-Night Western and one 7-Night Eastern), as well as a 7-Night Western on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa, the city in which we live. We also have a few more cruises booked before this one will sail. We'll be on the NCL Epic in just under a month (yaaaay!!), the Dream in Sept for a 3-Night, two more on the Magic (both 7-Nights, one Western in Nov, and an Eastern in Feb '12), and one on the Fantasy (June '12...I don't remember which iten that one is sailing).

DW (TifffanyD on the boards) & I look forward to meeting you all here and on the ship!

Pam and I are booked as well. We missed PCC 10.0, but had a great time on PCC 2.0. We're also booked on 3.0. If Disney announces a Hawaii itinerary for 2012 we may have a tough choice to make.

It's over 1 1/2 years out. Why am I excited? Is something wrong with me? .??? ... Wait I'm posting on a thread where others have same problem.:lmao:

I'm right there with ya...it's funny, I was kinda excited about PCC 3.0, but as I told my daughter, we've been to Nassau....no big deal. But once I heard on the Pod Cast about this one, my wheels started turning to figure out how I could talk my DD into it....she really wanted to go in June....it turned out not to be that difficult...and now that it's all set, I am just beside myself with excitement !!!

I'm right there with ya...it's funny, I was kinda excited about PCC 3.0, but as I told my daughter, we've been to Nassau....no big deal. But once I heard on the Pod Cast about this one, my wheels started turning to figure out how I could talk my DD into it....she really wanted to go in June....it turned out not to be that difficult...and now that it's all set, I am just beside myself with excitement !!!

You will love the longer cruise so much! As schimj said, we did 2 3-night cruises and now we are hooked on the longer ones. Soooo much more relaxing!

You will love the longer cruise so much! As schimj said, we did 2 3-night cruises and now we are hooked on the longer ones. Soooo much more relaxing!

On the 4 night cruise, just when I had learned my way around and felt comfortable..it was time to leave....I'm really looking forward to a full week.

On the 4 night cruise, just when I had learned my way around and felt comfortable..it was time to leave....I'm really looking forward to a full week.

Oh I hear ya... on the 3 night it is like muster, dinner, and your first day is over!! Argh!

:wave: Hi fellow cruisers!
Linda and John here. We are repeat cruisers. We were on 2.0, and are booked for 3.0 and 4.0.
We also did the DAP event in 2009 and are planning to attend in Dec 2011 (still waiting for real details...:rolleyes1), and although it's not "official" we are also looking forward to Food & Wine this fall, including the Swan/Dolphin event- seems like there will be plenty of DISers to hang out with. :thumbsup2
We did one other DCL cruise - for New Year's 2008-2009 with our kids to celebrate their 18th & 21st birthdays. Now we cruise without them. ;)

Looking forward to hanging out here on the boards are we prepare for this- our first 7 nighter!!! :cool1: And we get a new ship to boot! :dance3:

Hi, I've been lurking and enjoying the podcast since my first Disneyworld trip a few years ago. Finally making the plunge and really looking forward to my first Disney cruise.

Looking forward to meeting the people I keep hearing about and experiencing a disney cruise; I've travelled solo on other lines but never Disney. What a better way to solo on Disney cruise line than with the podcast crew:cool1:

Glad they finally made a 7 day cruise, 4 days is much too short....
Now for a year and a half of planning, at least I may get a Disneyworld fix sooner in December for the Universal event hoping to stay at AKL for the first time. Nothing like the world in December with a night out at Universal.

Nan

My DH and I met on the monorail on the way to the Contemporary for MouseFest 101 the final year they did MouseFest. We're both Disney nuts and have been for years, so we're meant for each other! We just did our first Disney cruise (and his first cruise ever) on the Dream last month. Four nights went by WAY too fast, so we're very excited about 7 nights. :cool1: Of course, it's going to be rough to wait SO LONG to go on another Disney cruise...

We've wanted to do a bunch of the DIS events but there's always been a conflict with other trips or money or vacation time available. We were lucky enough to get to do ABD 2.0 and now finally PCC 4.0 works perfectly after hearing all the raves about PCC 1.0 and 2.0. (Hoping to get in to the December event this year too...)

Hi, I am Lyn.

I am not a major big time Disney/WDW fan like some people here.
My first Disney trips were two day trips to the Magic Kingdom in the early seventies. They were on the way back from visiting my grandparents in Miami at Christmastime. I think the first time was 1971 or 1972.

It seems I only go to WDW in December.
(notice the huge gap between visit two and three)
Three days in 2006.
Seven days in 2008.
Fourteen days in 2010, including the PCC 2.0.

I really enjoy WDW, but it is not a place I can vacation to often for various reasons. The cruise was fun, but I think a longer cruise will be fabulous.

I have signed my sister and I up for PCC 4.0.

Liz went made several trips to WDW while her brother-in-law was a chef at WDW. Now that she is divorced, WDW has become a bitter memory. I am hoping she will enjoy and be impressed by the Disney cruise. Liz went on a Carnival over New Year's holiday week this year. She enjoys snorkeling. Has recently become scuba certified and is doing a week scuba at a Cozumel resort next week.

We are looking forward to having a great vacation together.
Hope to be able to talk her into Palo. Maybe, but not sure about Remy.

7 days - that's more time to get to know the ship. Been to ports before, done the shopping thing, may take advantage of less people on the ship on port days.

Last time I was on Cozumel, I was supposed to swim with the Dolphins, but I got a blood clot and went on blood thinners, so my doctor told me to cancel it. I'm really hoping I'll be able to do that excursion this time!

Sayhello

Hi, I've been lurking and enjoying the podcast since my first Disneyworld trip a few years ago. Finally making the plunge and really looking forward to my first Disney cruise.

Looking forward to meeting the people I keep hearing about and experiencing a disney cruise; I've travelled solo on other lines but never Disney. What a better way to solo on Disney cruise line than with the podcast crew:cool1:

Glad they finally made a 7 day cruise, 4 days is much too short....
Now for a year and a half of planning, at least I may get a Disneyworld fix sooner in December for the Universal event hoping to stay at AKL for the first time. Nothing like the world in December with a night out at Universal.

Nan

Welcome Nan !!!

Hi, I am Lyn.

I am not a major big time Disney/WDW fan like some people here.
My first Disney trips were two day trips to the Magic Kingdom in the early seventies. They were on the way back from visiting my grandparents in Miami at Christmastime. I think the first time was 1971 or 1972.

It seems I only go to WDW in December.
(notice the huge gap between visit two and three)
Three days in 2006.
Seven days in 2008.
Fourteen days in 2010, including the PCC 2.0.

I really enjoy WDW, but it is not a place I can vacation to often for various reasons. The cruise was fun, but I think a longer cruise will be fabulous.

I have signed my sister and I up for PCC 4.0.

Liz went made several trips to WDW while her brother-in-law was a chef at WDW. Now that she is divorced, WDW has become a bitter memory. I am hoping she will enjoy and be impressed by the Disney cruise. Liz went on a Carnival over New Year's holiday week this year. She enjoys snorkeling. Has recently become scuba certified and is doing a week scuba at a Cozumel resort next week.

We are looking forward to having a great vacation together.
Hope to be able to talk her into Palo. Maybe, but not sure about Remy.

Hi Lyn...it will be great to see you again !!!!

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers !!!! It appears that someone turned Winter back on...it's been so cold the last few days....and we "might" get some sleet later today, but definately rain is on the way.

Have a great day.

We had huge thunderstorms this morning for an early wake up. I'm just glad it rained hard enough to wash off a little of the pollen that's been sky-high lately! And we need the rain... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!