Podcast apps other than Stitcher jk

Mickeyflower

I find that The Dis is my happy place frequently
I kicked Apple to the curb and now I'm a happy Samsung lady. I'm new to Android and I miss my podcasts! When I listen in stitcher Pete sounds like he's taking espresso intravenously 24/7. At first it was hilarious, but I haven't hate it now. What apps play podcasts at normal human speed?

I'm not a fan of stitcher, it was just the first app I saw. Thanks for the suggestions I'll check em out.

I kicked Apple to the curb and now I'm a happy Samsung lady. I'm new to Android and I miss my podcasts! When I listen in stitcher Pete sounds like he's taking espresso intravenously 24/7. At first it was hilarious, but I haven't hate it now. What apps play podcasts at normal human speed?

Oh dear...
You understand that every podcast app has a setting where you can adjust the playback speed, right?

Back when the Universal Edition was 3 people, i would intentionally sometimes listen to it on the slower speed because everyone sounded stoned and it made the show even funnier

I use Pocket Casts. I've used it for years and will never switch. It's so user friendly with a clean layout but also has tons of useful features.

I second this.
It's a pay app (i think 3.99 or 4.99 in both android and apple stores), but worth it!

I love Apple, but they ruined their own Podcasts app. Pocket Casts is so easy on the eyes and customizable in nearly every function.

Oh dear...
You understand that every podcast app has a setting where you can adjust the playback speed, right?

Back when the Universal Edition was 3 people, i would intentionally sometimes listen to it on the slower speed because everyone sounded stoned and it made the show even funnier

Clearly not. I didn't have to worry about it with Apple, it's one of the few features I liked. I'm still new to Samsung and Android, I'll figure it out eventually LOL

Why would one need to adjust the speed of a speaking program? It's not an record player where I'm plopping on various sizes of LP's. I mean the speed at which a person talks is, well it. I didn't think playback speed would be a necessary feature, I would not have thought to even look for it.

Because some people might want to listen to a lengthy podcast or audiobook in half the time, or listen to it slower if they are speaking too fast.
And the option was on the apple podcast app, too.

I'll give another recommendation to Pocket Casts. Great app, and it works everywhere. Apple, Android, and on the web. Really helpful for those of us who jump between devices a lot. You do have to pay a small price for the multiple device syncing, but well worth it.

I use Overcast on iOS, not sure if it's available on Android, but it's great - and free. It also has a web app.

Overcast has a Smart Speed feature (and I'm sure other apps do as well) where it will adjust the speed, on the fly, to shorten any silence. It saves some time without making the voices sound weird.

I use Pocket Casts. I've used it for years and will never switch. It's so user friendly with a clean layout but also has tons of useful features.

I second this.
It's a pay app (i think 3.99 or 4.99 in both android and apple stores), but worth it!

I love Apple, but they ruined their own Podcasts app. Pocket Casts is so easy on the eyes and customizable in nearly every function.

I'll give another recommendation to Pocket Casts. Great app, and it works everywhere. Apple, Android, and on the web. Really helpful for those of us who jump between devices a lot. You do have to pay a small price for the multiple device syncing, but well worth it.

Pocket Casts is by far the best pod cast app on Android. It costs a few bucks, but it is worth every penny.

I use Overcast on iOS, not sure if it's available on Android, but it's great - and free. It also has a web app.

Overcast has a Smart Speed feature (and I'm sure other apps do as well) where it will adjust the speed, on the fly, to shorten any silence. It saves some time without making the voices sound weird.

Overcast is only on iOS. Also, Pocket Casts has its own version of Smart Speed.

I use Feedly and if I want a little more control I use Feedly to download the app and play it with Double twist. I have an LG Android phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter