Podcast on Toy Story

I'm sorry we did on our last trip spend the entire day at HS. We weren't there at open but met all the characters (minus Disney Junior) rode RnRC, Great Movie Ride, did Muppets 3D, Indy, Star Tours, ate at Backlot and Sci Fi and took in Fantasmic....still don't know how I got talked out of TSMM FP. I don't know if I will need to spend full day there next trip..

I think once Star Wars land is complete, it might, just might be a full day park. My family still believes AK is a half day park even with Pandora, so we will see.

Definitely one thing I love about WDW is there are so many ways to do a vacation there - we could easily spend 2 days at AK now with Pandora but I love just exploring that park and checking out the details - I could spend half a day just walking around not doing any attractions.

Also love a ton of the food (and Adult beverage) offerings there and love the vibe at night

I understand; However, height restriction shouldn't be sacrificed for originality/entertainment within attractions. I understand that is objective, but I think we can all agree Haunted Mansion is a fun, original ride that has ZERO height restrictions. Also, don't forget we all grow up eventually so rides that would appeal to everyone (entertainment wise--not height restriction wise) would be more fruitful for Disney.

Definitely think is subjective - and honestly, even without kids, to me Slinky Dog looks interesting and like it would be fun to ride on my own. Same with 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ... understand it isn't as thrilling as other rides but I think it can still be fun

oh well, in the end of the day we will see how it is when it fully opens and people will either enjoy it or not

As a side note, I'm very excited for Toy Story 4 in the near future. Especially because I probably wont get to see Toy Story Land for quite some time. :( Anybody else with me?

Definitely one thing I love about WDW is there are so many ways to do a vacation there - we could easily spend 2 days at AK now with Pandora but I love just exploring that park and checking out the details - I could spend half a day just walking around not doing any attractions.

Also love a ton of the food (and Adult beverage) offerings there and love the vibe at night
I say the same thing to anybody who hasn't been, or asks "are you going there AGAIN", @TheMaxRebo. ESPECIALLY with me not driving, and having increasing mobility issues - SO much to do/see/partake in - or NOT - as or when the mood suits. And with the transportation options, and mobility assists, I am totally free to do it all under my own power. Wish I had that much access, freedom, and options in my everyday life, for SURE!!

Last edited:
I am also finding it difficult to get excited for this new land not because of the theme, but mostly for the types of rides. I believe Toy Story is a very popular movie across all ages. Most adults are familiar with the movies and find them hilarious - including myself. The rides seem to be aimed for families with small children and that is OK because the park can't be all about big thrills. They look cute for little ones and I am excited to go on those rides with my kids. But when I think about it, when my kids become teenagers, are we going to be excited to ride those as a family like we would be for Pirates or Haunted Mansion? Probably not so much.

My hope is that they provide a level of immersion within the Land itself that will keep Adults excited to explore around (besides selling alcohol at the quick service location), which Disney is totally capable of achieving. Time will tell. Can't wait to see what everybody's opinions are after it finally opens!

I think people are a little too hung up on the Land concept and fail to look at the expansion project as a whole. There will be 5 new attractions at Hollywood Studios in the next two years and at least one updated show (Disney Jr).

The two new attractions in 2018 check two very important boxes for the park. DHS gets a family coaster and it gets a family friendly flat ride. Both are important kinds of rides for any amusement park and currently DHS has neither. Later this year the kids will also get an updated Disney Jr show.

2019 means three new attractions. A Mickey Mouse dark ride geared more towards families and two big Star Wars rides. Overall, I think the choices make sense considering DHS’s needs. Personally, I would have liked to have seen a second flat ride in Toy Story Land, like a Zamperela Disk’o Coaster or an RC Racer, but I just don’t think there’s room.

The other Toy Story Lands are kids areas too with an assortment of mainly off the shelf flat rides. At least here they’re getting a family coaster. The main reason why I’m excited about it is because I’m unaware of anyone crazy enough to have ever used a launch coaster as a family coaster.

It also just so happens to be the cutest roller coaster I’ve ever seen.

DH and I listened to this podcast on the way to SCAD to pick up DD after her freshman year. When they were talking about Andy's Lunchbox and the availability of alcoholic beverages, I paused it and said they should have a fence next to Andy's Lunchbox. The other side should be Sid's yard and THAT'S where the stand for alcoholic beverages should be. :rolleyes1

DH and I listened to this podcast on the way to SCAD to pick up DD after her freshman year. When they were talking about Andy's Lunchbox and the availability of alcoholic beverages, I paused it and said they should have a fence next to Andy's Lunchbox. The other side should be Sid's yard and THAT'S where the stand for alcoholic beverages should be. :rolleyes1
OMG, LOVE this, @pklein!!!!! Awesome theming (and thanx for the HUGE laugh!) :drinking1 :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!