Podcast recommendations?

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
I need something new to listen to while I run. I liked Not Real Runners. They had me literally laughing in stride! I also finished Culpable, which was interesting because it's about a murder that took place in my hometown. Can any of you share the podcasts you love? Bonus points if it's running related.

Some that I enjoy:
Noble Blood -- history of royal murders/gruesome deaths etc.
Keep It! -- pop culture podcast
In the Dark Season 1 was a good true crime podcast if you like true crime. I like Season 2 & 3 too but they are only true crime adjacent so may or may not be for you
Edited to add some running podcasts (these are more "straight" running podcasts not funny like Not Real Runners):
Run to the Top
Marathon Training Academy
Not Your Average Runner (for slower, middle aged lady types like me)

No running related ones here, just history.

History of WWII
Connecting with Walt
The British History Podcast
Animals with Max
The History of England
Stuff You Missed in History Class
History Extra Podcast
Bowery Boys
History Chicks
Zookeeper Stories

One I haven’t listened to yet but is on my list is Blanket Fort Radio’s ‘A Knight of Another Sort’ about a southern Illinois bootlegger. Podcast is produced by the local university in conjunction with the university press.

The only running related podcast I listen to is The Ginger Runner. I think it is very interesting and funny. It is run by Ethan Newberry and Kim Teshima. They are husband and wife team, both runners. Fantastic guests and inspiring topics. They also have a YouTube Channel with some fantastic videos. This is a regular listen for me during runs.

Running related I listen to
Will Run For - a newer running podcast from some friends.
Runners without limits - two female hosts who are well versed in runDisney and one is a running coach.
Run Eat Drink - husband and wife hosts who discuss a run/race, something to eat, and a beverage each episode.
Anything else I listen to is Disney focused.

Another Mother Runner, Runners Without Limits, Ali on the Run, Keeping Track - for running related.

Non-running, I love all the Disunplugged stuff, Katie Couric, anything from Crooked Media.

I need something new to listen to while I run. I liked Not Real Runners. They had me literally laughing in stride! I also finished Culpable, which was interesting because it's about a murder that took place in my hometown. Can any of you share the podcasts you love? Bonus points if it's running related.

Binge Mode
The Rewatchables
The Big Picture
My Brother, My Brother, and Me

The running Podcasts I listen to are:

Citius
Endurance Planet
KoopCast
FloTrack
Trail Runner Nation

Two additional running podcasts I listen to on occasion are Run Free and Sit and Kick

Health related podcasts that might include running but also cover other topics are:

Ben Greenfield
Get Over Yourself
Nourish Balance Thrive
Primal Blueprint

Any other topics you really enjoy? Wondery has a lot of good podcasts. My two favorites are American Scandal and Business Wars. Both break down a single topic into 3 to 7 episodes. The Nike vs Adidas one is topical for runners.

I don't listen to any running podcasts. I do listen to a few of the Dis podcasts and if you like true crime stuff, Casefiles is a good one.

The only running podcast I listen to is the Rambling Runner. He interviews amateur runners and some more high profile runners. Some super inspiring stories!

If you watched the Office, I love the Office Ladies podcast. The actresses who play Angela and Pam discuss each episode and provide behind the scenes info, they also have special guests like other actors and writers.

I mainly listen to true crime, some favorites are: Serial Season 1, In the Dark, Up and Vanished, Monster: DC Sniper, Your Own Backyard, Dirty John and Dr. Death.

No real running podcasts here. I have subscribed to too many podcasts. I can't keep up.
  • DIS Unplugged
  • Jim Hill Media podcasts (Disney Dish, Looking at Lucasfilm, Marvel Us Disney, Fine Tooning ...)
  • WDW Radio
  • Radio Lab
  • Reply All
  • Th Rich Roll Podcast
  • JRE
  • 60 Minutes

I listen to Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me. Not running related, but I imagine I get funny looks from passers-by as I randomly say the answers out loud.

Wow! Thank you all! I'm compiling a list now 🤩

Some that I enjoy:
Noble Blood -- history of royal murders/gruesome deaths etc.
Keep It! -- pop culture podcast
In the Dark Season 1 was a good true crime podcast if you like true crime. I like Season 2 & 3 too but they are only true crime adjacent so may or may not be for you
Edited to add some running podcasts (these are more "straight" running podcasts not funny like Not Real Runners):
Run to the Top
Marathon Training Academy
Not Your Average Runner (for slower, middle aged lady types like me)

Noble Blood sounds pretty cool!

No running related ones here, just history.

History of WWII
Connecting with Walt
The British History Podcast
Animals with Max
The History of England
Stuff You Missed in History Class
History Extra Podcast
Bowery Boys
History Chicks
Zookeeper Stories

One I haven’t listened to yet but is on my list is Blanket Fort Radio’s ‘A Knight of Another Sort’ about a southern Illinois bootlegger. Podcast is produced by the local university in conjunction with the university press.

A Knight of Another Sort might be interesting. Prohibition has always fascinated me!

The only running related podcast I listen to is The Ginger Runner. I think it is very interesting and funny. It is run by Ethan Newberry and Kim Teshima. They are husband and wife team, both runners. Fantastic guests and inspiring topics. They also have a YouTube Channel with some fantastic videos. This is a regular listen for me during runs.
Running related I listen to
Will Run For - a newer running podcast from some friends.
Runners without limits - two female hosts who are well versed in runDisney and one is a running coach.
Run Eat Drink - husband and wife hosts who discuss a run/race, something to eat, and a beverage each episode.
Anything else I listen to is Disney focused.

Thank you! There are several here I'd like to try!

Another Mother Runner, Runners Without Limits, Ali on the Run, Keeping Track - for running related.

Non-running, I love all the Disunplugged stuff, Katie Couric, anything from Crooked Media.

Thank you!

Binge Mode
The Rewatchables
The Big Picture
My Brother, My Brother, and Me

Thanks!

The running Podcasts I listen to are:

Citius
Endurance Planet
KoopCast
FloTrack
Trail Runner Nation

Two additional running podcasts I listen to on occasion are Run Free and Sit and Kick

Health related podcasts that might include running but also cover other topics are:

Ben Greenfield
Get Over Yourself
Nourish Balance Thrive
Primal Blueprint

Any other topics you really enjoy? Wondery has a lot of good podcasts. My two favorites are American Scandal and Business Wars. Both break down a single topic into 3 to 7 episodes. The Nike vs Adidas one is topical for runners.

I usually read fiction. I love Stephen King and Kelley Armstrong, among countless others 😁

I don't listen to any running podcasts. I do listen to a few of the Dis podcasts and if you like true crime stuff, Casefiles is a good one.
The only running podcast I listen to is the Rambling Runner. He interviews amateur runners and some more high profile runners. Some super inspiring stories!

If you watched the Office, I love the Office Ladies podcast. The actresses who play Angela and Pam discuss each episode and provide behind the scenes info, they also have special guests like other actors and writers.

I mainly listen to true crime, some favorites are: Serial Season 1, In the Dark, Up and Vanished, Monster: DC Sniper, Your Own Backyard, Dirty John and Dr. Death.

Thank you!

No real running podcasts here. I have subscribed to too many podcasts. I can't keep up.
  • DIS Unplugged
  • Jim Hill Media podcasts (Disney Dish, Looking at Lucasfilm, Marvel Us Disney, Fine Tooning ...)
  • WDW Radio
  • Radio Lab
  • Reply All
  • Th Rich Roll Podcast
  • JRE
  • 60 Minutes

Thanks!

My PT was recently featured on the Run to the Top podcast, 6/10/20 episode. She’s absolutely fantastic and caters mainly to runners. If you have tendon issues (achilles, hamstring, IT band, etc), it’s worth a listen.

OMG let me tell you when I was listening to that last episode of Dirty John, when it was revealed that the body they described at the beginning of the series was John himself, and not the daughter that he tried to kidnap, I literally sobbed out loud with relief and happiness while I was running. I looked like a maniac to everyone else at the park and almost triggered an asthma attack in myself but I will never forget that moment. We were totally manipulated but what a payoff.

I listen to My Favorite Murder. True crime/comedy podcast. The first 30-45 minutes is chatty and then they each cover a murder. If you're looking for hard hitting true crime journalism this ain't it. But I love it.

I love to listen to Dear Hank and John while out running - it's a silly advice podcast by John and Hank Green (YouTubers, YA Authors) that always puts a smile on my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter