POFQ - is paying for a view worth it?

Judy-Hopps

Earning My Ears
We haven't stayed at POFQ and are booked to stay there next year. We currently have a river view but are considering dropping to a standard view room. The view isn't going to kill us and we aren't in our room for very long anyway.

What are your thoughts? Keep river view or change to standard and save money?

Thanks!

How much more is it? I personally wouldn't pay for the river view since you will likely be farther from the main building and bus stop. We are paying the additional for a garden view, but it is minimal, $10 a night more

How much more is it? I personally wouldn't pay for the river view since you will likely be farther from the main building and bus stop. We are paying the additional for a garden view, but it is minimal, $10 a night more

I don't think it's much. I ran the numbers again:

For the week it's 168.73 more to stay river vs standard.
(Standard is 1630.15 for the week where as river is 1798.88).

Last edited:
I usually don't worry about the view unless I've booked a deluxe resort with a balcony. I would change it to standard view and use the money for souvenirs. You can always walk down to the river.

We tend to get the King bed room which are all corner rooms with balcony's so we ask for a view of the river. I love the view! so pretty and the boats going through won't even bother you so in my opinion..,.yes, it's worth it!

I tell you I'd much prefer ( and only stay) POR preferred room.. the buildings for preferred are close to main area/food court/restaurant/South Bus Depot. That money would be well spent. The resort is Huge ...
But paying for river view, I wouldn't.
I do however Not like looking upon a parking lot or roof at any hotel/resort, so I'd typically choose a category to avoid that scenario since it bothers me.
Sounds like it doesn't matter to you, so if preferred is same? I'd do that or ditch the view altogether.

Without any balcony I wouldn't pay extra for a view, even when we've stayed at YC or BC we haven't paid extra for a view. I would pay extra at AKL to see the animals or maybe the Poly or CR tower.

We had a view and changed to standard for the savings. We aren't likely to stand at the window to look out for any length of time! As others say, a balcony makes a view worthwhile, otherwise save the money!

We were upgraded to a king corner river view when we booked via AAA. I would not have paid the extra. There's really not a "view" to speak of as there were a lot of trees in the way. And there's not a balcony, it's a shared outdoor walk way to all the rooms' door. Frankly...the river wasn't much to look at either. We were in the back corner and the walk to the front wasn't bad. Just beware of the bus stops when you pick your room.

We never spend much time in the room so we never really book above standard-the only time we would is if it were for a special occasion and we were staying deluxe somewhere and had dedicated resort time.

At FQ I've had a standard view and a garden view. Unless it's less than $10 bucks I would not change my view from standard. As for the River View, I'll be honest I think river view is wasted in a non balcony room. I'm not going to sit in my room and look out the window over the walkway to look at the river. So I'd save the money.

Just so you are aware that the Standard rooms face the parking lots, and some of them are fairly close to it.

At POFQ we rather have Garden "view" ... I use the term loosely because it's more of a location, not a view.

But some standards are also close to the main building and bus stop.

At POR, river view rooms are closer to the main building, because the river runs right in front of the main pool and food court. At POFQ, that's not the case. River view isn't closer. But the whole resort is so small that it doesn't matter. I think you are good saving the money.

To me, a river view wouldn't be worth the extra money bc I keep the blinds closed. We stayed in a standard room facing the parking lot, had a nice view of the high fireworks from Epcot at night and a short walk to the bus stop. Parking lot was mostly blocked my trees.

If you don't mind facing the parking lot, then go for it. We usually don't care about the view but I do like to book garden view when I stay at POFQ or Riverside.

I made the mistake of paying for water view at POFQ since I did not realize that there are no balconies to sit on and enjoy. I no longer pay for view at any Disney resort, but I would not consider spending a dime more on it in a moderate. Preferred location? At any other moderate other than POFQ? Yes. View? no.

We stayed in a standard view room in May and we ended up in the farthest building away. There were some trees and greenery and then the parking lot beyond that. It was neither a bad nor good view but overall we did not like the motel rooms. We would not stay there again. I looked at touring plans room views before booking in order to submit a room request but I did not see anything worth paying extra for so I did not book a special view or make a specific location or room request. We did, however, stay at the Poly with an MK view and balcony and it was AMAZING! So I agree with several others, it is worth it in some cases but I do not think so at POFQ.

Just so you are aware that the Standard rooms face the parking lots, and some of them are fairly close to it.

My parents were literally 15 steps from the parking lot and could see car headlights at night unless they had the blinds closed in their first floor room. To me saving $170 is worth switching to a standard view, but I would take 30 minutes to check out some of the room views from touringplans.com and request a building/floor that would make you happiest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter