POFQ - is paying for a view worth it?

We do have time to play around with the view. I changed it now but can always change it later.

We also have to consider the possibility that we won't get a room only discount staying at POFQ anyway when we go so we will probably
Move to get a discount somewhere.

POFQ does not have balconies.
I too would just book standard view
Sorry but when you came up the stairs to our room there was an "Alcove" which was made out of cast iron that you could walk into and look over the river...not your standard "Balcony" I goofed. But you can still get a great view from your upper floor walkway.

It's not something that we pay extra for unless we're staying at a deluxe. The POR resorts are lovely. Instead of a river view I'd probably ask for a specific building or two. We love POR and would put in requests for specific buildings in the AB section, ground floor (we have kids who stomp and strollers). Never had an issue with the view or being accommodated.

Another unmentioned so far, consideration is: The boats to and from Disney Springs always honk their horns on approaching or leaving the docks. I would personally find this constant honking to be irritating. We stay at POR, and I always wonder how the constant honking on the riverviews at FQ affected the people staying there. When riding the boats, it seems really loud and consistent. Something to consider. Maybe the rooms are more sound proof than I am thinking?

My parents were literally 15 steps from the parking lot and could see car headlights at night unless they had the blinds closed in their first floor room. To me saving $170 is worth switching to a standard view, but I would take 30 minutes to check out some of the room views from touringplans.com and request a building/floor that would make you happiest.

YUP. Its not so much your "view" but your locations with these categories. So while you may not have a balcony with a view of river, you know you are facing the river therefore not facing a parking lot.

At values, I never pay preferred .. and some like POP have great standard rooms facing the lake.

At moderate and deluxe you can sometimes box a decent room without paying top dollar. I always have awesome rooms at CSR because of the requests I put in for my standard room. But at POFQ all standards face parking lot, and only a few of those have a big buffer of greenery. POR you risk it and you can get within steps of a quiet pool but you can also get cars within steps of your door. I've had both. The last time we literally had car lights at our window. And one morning kept awake by a couple large groups checking out packing their car ... loudly.

POR-MB-2007-4370_large.jpg

Last edited:
Ok now you all convinced me to go with garden view. Not as much as river but more then standard. I don't want car lights in our window. And if I request the right building/location, I could possibly get a partial river view!

We got an "upgrade" last year to a river view room, at POFQ, but it was a much farther walk to get to it. We were in building #1. I did enjoy the view of the boats and such going by, but there is no way I would pay for that "upgrade."

We got an "upgrade" last year to a river view room, at POFQ, but it was a much farther walk to get to it. We were in building #1. I did enjoy the view of the boats and such going by, but there is no way I would pay for that "upgrade."

We had that happen at CBR this year! We booked standard but we're bumped to preferred in 3109. We were right next to the food court and the bus stop. We would pay for preferred there.

We had that happen at CBR this year! We booked standard but we're bumped to preferred in 3109. We were right next to the food court and the bus stop. We would pay for preferred there.
Yes, I paid for preferred room with our stay at CBR as well. Wasn't that much of a price difference, around $25 I think, but that price point has really gone up. I am not completely sure of this, but I think the last time I looked, the difference was around $50-$55 more!

Ok now you all convinced me to go with garden view. Not as much as river but more then standard. I don't want car lights in our window. And if I request the right building/location, I could possibly get a partial river view!

We typically book at least a garden view for that reason. Some of the standard view rooms are basically in the parking lot.

We get riverview because we like walking out and seeing the river. The sound from the boats isn't an issue. To us it is just background noise if we are in the room .They don't start until after 9:00am and stop around midnight.

Consider Garden View Building 5 first floor facing open lawn. It is a great location to the pool, lobby, food, boat dock, and the nights of the movie and Cajun campfire it is right there to enjoy. It is one of our favorite locations at Disney.

We also have to consider the possibility that we won't get a room only discount staying at POFQ anyway when we go so we will probably
Move to get a discount somewhere.
Currently there is a Disney Visa discount including POFQ, but it's usually been excluded. I stay in standard views at the mods and never had any issues. I would request an upper floor.

I'm a hotel snob (but no champagne budget)....but I stayed in a standard at POFQ last year for a quick trip and faced the parking lot. Well, at first I was upset, but we actually were there to visit Universal Studios, so being close the the car turned out in a favor. And again, without a balcony to sit and have coffee or wine, what does it really matter? Save the $.

I agree that unless there is a balcony like at a deluxe, it isn't really worth it to pay for a river or more expensive view at a resort. We did a river view at POFQ and while it was nice, it wasn't really worth it. If garden view isn't a big jump from parking lot/standard, I would probably do that just to avoid noise/headlights.

We tend to get the King bed room which are all corner rooms with balcony's so we ask for a view of the river. I love the view! so pretty and the boats going through won't even bother you so in my opinion..,.yes, it's worth it!
Do you happen to know if that is the case at Riverside?

We had a Garden view in Building 5, upper floor, on our last visit and loved it. We also requested a corner room, which we got, and really liked that as well.

We typically book at least a garden view for that reason. Some of the standard view rooms are basically in the parking lot.

Us as well. I do not want to face a parking lot on vacation, but will not pay the up charge for a river view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter