POFQ or WL with kids

We love both WL & FQ and have stayed at both, loving both for different reasons. Boats, dining, convenience, etc.. all the usual reasons.
With little ones I think I’d do WL.
The balcony at WL will allow you a place to relax while the kids nap or later in the evening, sleep.

Not to strike a fearful note, but one more consideration might be.. September/October is prime hurricane season, if you check out last year’s Irma posts or the year before when Matthew impacted the area you will get an idea on how deluxe vs moderate resorts handle storms. Things like curfews, meals/food, activities and other relevant things.. Being at WL will give you access to more by virtue of inside hallways & the lobby itself. At FQ you would need to prepare to ride out any potential storm in your room.

We’ve done the YC and Riverside in Sept/Oct without incident, great weather both times. But after following the Irma (2017) & Matthew (2016) posts - I think any future Sept/Oct trips we make would be somewhere with indoor hallways & an easy access lobby. Just in case.

Different perspective... if you are considering DVC I would stay at WL. That is a huge investment and you want to be sure. Disney dining with one table service is doable and enough. We did it with three young ones and it was perfect for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!