POFQ or WL

MimiOfTwo

Mouseketeer
We can stay at WL for $89 more per night than POFQ. For those of you who’ve stayed at both what would you do? Trip will be 1st week of Dec. 2019.

Full disclosure, I’ve not stayed at POFQ, but have stayed at POR and it’s very nice, with nice amenities. If you can swing it budget wise, no doubt, WL. It’s a deluxe resort, it’s beautiful, cozy and I’ve heard at Christmastime, even more so with all the decorations.

Lately I'm on a kick that I really want to stay at POFQ in the not-too-distant future because it just looks so quaint to me. I've never stayed at (or even visited) WL, but if it were me and I could swing the price difference, I'd choose WL in December for the Christmasy atmosphere and ease of getting to MK.

DH and I did a split stay with 9 nights at POFQ and 5 nights at WL. We love both resorts but for us prefer POFQ. It's totally a personal preference. We just feel at home at POFQ. But during Christmas time I think you should choose WL. Such an amazing lobby and I hear it's even more amazing during Christmas. It's not fair to compare a moderate to a deluxe resort. The deluxe usually wins!

For Christmas, all the images I have seen of Wilderness lodge are amazing. Plus you have the Boat to MK.

I mean seriously,

I live in Oregon, so I would probably never stay there myself, just too much like home. But I would say at Christmas, this has to be pretty special.

Last edited:
1E4A746E-FB96-429C-8738-0B20E2D6F47B.jpeg 234CB2D6-BDE4-486C-9E3B-E644BE88ABF2.jpeg E7D4C4C7-B57C-458F-B56C-691BE3194D24.jpeg 5648BECF-CCB4-4414-9FB0-493E4D52CB17.jpeg
One of the largest indoor Christmas trees on property, has that holiday feel, boat to MK, Geyser Point, electrical water pageant........WL hands down if you can swing the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter