• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ question

Building 4 does. We were there in November 2000 and Dd was 20 months, so we brought our stroller from home. When we came back from the parks we used to elevator. We were on the third floor of the hotel.

In the mornings, it was quicker to carry the stroller down the stairs and go into the food court. When we returned from the parks we followed the path behind the bus stops to 4, avioding the main area. (It was quicker). The elevator was on the far side of the building, near those bus stops.

I am not sure about other buildings. We have satyed in 5, 6 and I think 1 but that was before DD and we didn't use the elevator.

Unless they removed them during the recent refurb, all of the buildings do have elevators...they are located near the center of each of the buildings. We have stayed in Building 5 on the third floor three times and have always used the elevator!

CBR 01/00
POFQ 09/00
CBR 01/01
POFQ 05/01
POFQ 09/01
ASSP 11/01
AKL & BC 05/02
Next trip BCV 09/02

We are booked at Po/FQ for next May and when we recently called to have the AAA discount applied my DH specifically asked the CM at CRO if they have elevators there and she said most definitely. Hopefully she knew what she was talking about.

Yes, there were elevators in June. We used them as we handled our luggage and ice chest.

Lisa

I seem to remember that they did have elevators. I don't remember using them, however. The buildings aren't very high. The resort is just lovely. If the rooms had balconies, then I would have absolutely no worries staying there again. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of FQ!

Some people may not realize that there are elevators because it's very possible for your room to be quite a distance from them. Some of the buildings are pretty big, and I don't think any has more than one set of elevators. There are lots of sets of stairs.

When DH and I checked in the CM told us we were on the third floor. I said, "Wow, I hope there's an elevator!!" (I have problems with my knees and stairs can be difficult.) She said, "No, sorry. I can look for a room on the first floor." She couldn't find one and we ended up on the second floor. When I think about how many times we climbed up and down those stairs . . .

I never saw a sign for the elevators where we were, though. Believe me, if we knew there was an elevator, we certainly would have used it!!!

Oh well. . . maybe the CM was new???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter