Points for 2BR or Joining Studios?

To complicate your deliberations further, BLT and AKL-Kidani 1- and 2-bedroom villas have a fold-out twin size sleeper chair in the living room in addition to the sleeper couch. I think OKW has it too. My dad slept on the one at BLT when he was 85 years old and said it was very comfortable! Doesn't help the privacy issue, but does allow someone to have their own bed.

Also remember that some of these options may not be available booking seven months out. Pick the room configuration that matters to you and buy your points there. Subject to availability is a HUGE caveat with DVC. (Frankly, I think you are better off with connecting rooms and cash. Also not a fan of DVC for studios).

My sister and I have been contemplating DVC for several years now and are seriously considering taking the plunge. Travel party is myself, DD, mom and my sister. Sister is single and DD is only child/grandchild. DH and dad provide extra spending $$ if we don't ask them to go :) We visit WDW 1-2 times each year and have stayed value, moderate and deluxe. Standard rooms have worked out fine because my DD and I would share a bed but now that she's older we need more room. If we bought DVC, then I would want each of us to have our own actual bed (not sofa or chair), so I began pricing points for 2BR since this seemed to be the only viable option. However, I recently read recommendations to get two adjoining studios to use the points more efficiently and have an additional bathroom.

Also, initially I thought my sister and I would buy one contract together and split the cost down the middle. Upon further reading, it looks like we should each get our own contract and somehow use our points together on our trips. I like the idea of split stays in differing resorts.

SSR, AKL and BLT are where I was focusing my efforts, but should Poly be in consideration because of the studios?

Can you help me think through this? Pros? Cons? Other ideas and options? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!
I would look at the 1 BR that sleep 5 and have 2 baths like AKV Kidani but get enough points to do a 2 BR occasionally. I absolutely would not buy with a partnership but if you want to come to an agreement how you're going to handle it for each trip and if the party not on the deed decides to opt out going forward, that would be reasonable. Basically like a partnership what to do with Death, Divorce, Marriage, Default, Divorce and Disinterest. I would have the conversation and I would write it down and everyone sign it even if not buying together.

Boy this one really made me scratch my head. Your goal is four real beds.

DVC is heavy on foldouts, so this on is tough. Even most of the 2BRs don't meet this. The Poly studios have the Murphy bed, and two of those studios would work. The Boardwalk 2BR with the Murphys would also work, but it's point efficient, so very difficult to book. The RIV non-Tower studio also has a bed and a Murphy, but point heavy and you'd have to buy direct. $$$

If this is your goal, you might be better off with normal hotel rooms. Two Little Mermaid rooms would do exactly what you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter