Points in August 2020 Use Year -- will they expire end of the month?

JudyS

Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!
I know that Disney gave some extra time for people with spring use years, whose reservations were canceled. I had reservations canceled when Disney was closed, but my use year is August. Is Disney doing anything to help August use year owners out, or will my points all expire at the end of July? I have tried calling Member Services repeated, but all I get is a busy signal.

We had reservations for the period that WDW was closed. When the reservations were canceled, we were able to "late bank" our 2019 Aug UY points that had been used on those reservations. They then showed up as 2020 points. However, if the points used were banked 2018 points, they are supposed to be extended to Nov 30, 2020. (although that extension doesn't do us any good)

Banked 2018 points will be availBe for booking by phone the first week in August and can be used before November 30th.

2019 points will be moved into 2020 UY but not until they actually expire, so not until the first week in August..these will show up online.

If you have other points to use to book now, you can and when these points become available, you can reallocate. As long as you don’t borrow, it’s not an issue.

Best I can say.... got to the online DVC website. Go to "My Dashboard". Hit "Manage Vacation Points".

BANK anything you can, into 2021. Lost Points? Strongly consider RENTING these out, via the agency of your choice. Your use year is August... I believe you can still bank :).

PS - we also hate the idea of Renting Points. We have offered to do so, because we have no other choice :(. RCI is not an effective solution :(.

Best I can say.... got to the online DVC website. Go to "My Dashboard". Hit "Manage Vacation Points".

BANK anything you can, into 2021. Lost Points? Strongly consider RENTING these out, via the agency of your choice. Your use year is August... I believe you can still bank :).

PS - we also hate the idea of Renting Points. We have offered to do so, because we have no other choice :(. RCI is not an effective solution :(.
We had a May reservation on 2018 points (August UY). We moved that reservation to this weekend on our own before Disney formally was closed in May. When we called, we were told that at this point we had missed any banking window and will lose our points if we don't use them by July 31. We did not try to escalate this to a managerial level though so perhaps we would have different results if we attempted to do so?

We had a May reservation on 2018 points (August UY). We moved that reservation to this weekend on our own before Disney formally was closed in May. When we called, we were told that at this point we had missed any banking window and will lose our points if we don't use them by July 31. We did not try to escalate this to a managerial level though so perhaps we would have different results if we attempted to do so?

I would. There have been a few reported cases that they got the extension,

Just know that the extension is only until November 30th, and you won’t have access to use them until the first week in August. You will have to call as well,

If you have a trip already scheduled in the fall, and get them to extend, they will reallocate.

If you have no intention of going before November 30th, then consider the banked 2018 points a loss.

Your situation sounds similar to ours.... APR points from 2019, banked to 2020.... ALL OF 2020 CANCELED. :(

So, those points banked from 2019 Expire March 31, 2021 :(. That's sort of the CONTRACT.... you can't bank twice :(.

All I can relate is what WE are doing.... We hate Renting.... but that's what we are doing. RCI transfer is not a real choice. We are going with the choice WDW left us - RENT, and recover what we can.

So in my case, we added on 75 points direct last summer and already had trips booked for fall and spring of 2019/2020. We added on just before our August UY so we were actually given both 2018 and 2019 points (150 in total). The 2018 points were banked already when we got them.

We used those 2018 points for a reservation in June. We cancelled it on our own before Disney cancelled it and rebooked for this weekend. Yesterday we decided just to take the loss on those points (actually we donated our room to some friends in the Orlando area). It's heartbreaking to lose our first stay at the Poly (2 nights) and our second at Kidani (3nights), but it helps to know the room will be used by good people with a love for Disney. If it were my wife and I alone, we would go without hesitation but we have a 20 month old who cannot wear a mask and is into everything and doesn't understand distancing. I think it would be more stressful chasing her than it would be enjoyable.

We have an Oct and Dec on the books already so even if DVC could have pushed our points through fall, we are honestly unlikely to be there until 2021.

That's the wonderful thing about DVC though - we know we will be back!

I just talked to Disney today about my August 2019 use year unused points due to Disney canceling our reservation and our banked points. I was told that Disney hopes to have these points in our accounts by the end of the week and they may show up strange, the example the rep gave was as if they are for the “Riviera” but on their end they’ll know.

Also at this point we only have until November 30th to use last year’s banked points.. This is a concern of ours because our DVC is the Villas at the Grand Californian and of course Disneyland and the hotel are not even open. The representative said to wait until our points roll over to 2020 use year, then call back, on a case by case bases they are looking at extending that deadline for those with The Grand Californian and Aulani as home resorts due to the fact that those properties haven’t been open.

My 2019 UY points did show up today as banked points. I know the 2018 ones which were already banked have to be used by calling, but any 2019 UY should be there soon,

It is good to hear that for those with Aulani and VGC they may give extra time for those home resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!