• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Points in holding glitch

Alice Sr.

My little Mouseketeer
My account has been out of line all year. Has anyone else had an accounting issue with their points? I have been told it is a result of a system upgrade that did not go as well as expected?

Thanks,
Alice

My account has been out of wack for 3 weeks..... They are trying to get it straight.

Goldi

Mine were a mess a couple of weeks ago. I spent an entire day off and on the phone trying to get it corrected. It caused me much stress. I finally went on the website and emailed them. They told me to wait about 5 days and it would be correct. AFter I waited it wasn't, so I emailed them to remind them that it was NOT fixed and wanted someone to look into it. Surprisingly, the next day it was fixed. So if you are just talking to folks at MS, you need to start a paper trail. Seems the database reverse my points and made it appear that everything I had booked was using 07 points and ALL of my banked points had not been used. Which were going to expire (over 300). It showed I was negative 56, even though I started April 07 with over 1,000 points. It was a mess and so hard to explain over the phone. I finally got a great CM who understood me. So don't just sit back and wait for it to get fixed, start sending out those emails. Seems folks don't really like it when there is a paper trail. I wanted something in writing to show that I've been trying to sort it out. Good luck and keep us posted.

A waitlist came thru for me but when they tried to switch the resorts, the computer wouldn't let them. I was told it was because I had added the DDP to the ressie. Anyway, the points ended up in a holding account!! I checked on the web and waited a day, but they still showed holding. I called and was told there was a computer problem and they had to be manually adjusted. It would take a few days. I waited 4 days, the holding points still showed and I called again. Luckily I had the names of all the people I had spoken with previously and the first CM put notes in my account. So the CM did it over the phone while I was on hold. She told me they had a list of about 40 members whose accounts had to be adjusted manually. But my name was NOT on that list!!! I would keep calling until they fixed it.

Thanks for the advise. I will call them again and follow up with e-mails from now on.

Alice

I had a problem also with regular points being used before banked as well as a few more issues, but it all started a while back with the developer points. For the last few weeks, when I would call I kept getting the explanation of "system problems". However, my account was showing manual adjustments so I knew someone had been "fixing" it, just not doing so correctly. On my fifth call and after much frustration (again), I finally asked the CM why I couldn't simply speak with someone with the authority to make the necessary changes. I was put through to a supervisor that eventually corrected the balances, although the entries are still wrong.

I don't like the fact that some of the info is still wrong (eg, it shows me having - and using - banked points that should show as current points instead). It will only become an issue if I have to cancel a res. I know I should push the issue and have them correct it, but every time they touch my account it gets messed up again. The original problem actually goes back to when I received those developer points and MS made net manual entries instead of reversals and new entries.

I wonder if that's what happen to me also. I'm going to see if they can do and audit from when I bought SSR. Thanks.

I can "see" the manual entries when I go to the contract detail at the DVC site. I'd guess if someone made manual adjustments, you'll see tshe notation within your contract info as well.

I have been trying for 3 weeks to book a studio at OKW for October! I have made at least 7 phone calls, and each time my request is "sent back" (whatever that means) to be adjusted! I was told today by "Joe" that I was NOT the only member with this problem; If that statement was meant to make me feel better, it did not. He did not seem at all concerned that I had been trying to book this room for so long! He acted like I was asking for too much to have access to my points! I was polite, and asked him if I could please speak to a supervisor. According to him, no one there could help me. And his use of words like "Yep" and "Nope" really did not add any magic to my experience. I felt like saying something along the lines of "Even though I am well aware of the fact that I am not the ONLY member with this problem, could you please act like I am? And a succinct Yes or No, followed by Ma'am, would be much appreciated!" Instead, I just thanked him and said goodbye. Another week of this, though, and even Lexapro won't be able to keep me in check!

I had a problem also with regular points being used before banked as well as a few more issues, but it all started a while back with the developer points. For the last few weeks, when I would call I kept getting the explanation of "system problems". However, my account was showing manual adjustments so I knew someone had been "fixing" it, just not doing so correctly. On my fifth call and after much frustration (again), I finally asked the CM why I couldn't simply speak with someone with the authority to make the necessary changes. I was put through to a supervisor that eventually corrected the balances, although the entries are still wrong.

I don't like the fact that some of the info is still wrong (eg, it shows me having - and using - banked points that should show as current points instead). It will only become an issue if I have to cancel a res. I know I should push the issue and have them correct it, but every time they touch my account it gets messed up again. The original problem actually goes back to when I received those developer points and MS made net manual entries instead of reversals and new entries.

Your problem sounds almost exactly like mine before they fixed it. As I mentioned in another post, my problem didn't get fixed until after I did a followup email (creating a papertrail). I just logged on this AM and noticed that the system problem is corrected now and I can now bank and have a banking link. So if their database is fixed and your points are not, I would start looking into it.

I was not happy when my points were a mess. I felt so violated. It was like someone when into your bank account and started moving money around and then told you there was nothing wrong or YOU did something wrong. It was a truly helpless feeling knowing that you had to explain why it was wrong and had to depend on someone else to fix it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter