Points Question

Cant wait for Disney

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Can anyone please let me know if I am thinking about this correctly?
Our points bashboard currently states:

X amount of points currently available No points left to bank
(2019)

Our use year is August. If it is telling me no more left to bank, am I correct in thinking that the 2019 points need to be used by August 31 2020 or they are forfeit?
Thank you!

If they are actual 2019 points, they should be bankable. Do you have a stay booked somewhere during that time period and have some banked 2018 points in your contract? If so maybe it used the new points instead of the banked points which can be fixed with a call to member services. Or were some of the points transferred in?

If you have an August use year, your 2019 points are good for stays between 8/1/2019 and 7/31/2020.

If the points in your account right now are not available to bank, they must have already been banked (from 2018) or borrowed (from 2020) or in holding status (from a late cancellation). So those points must be used to pay for a stay with a check out day no later than August 1, 2020.

If it is not showing the points you have can be banked, then they must be either borrowed points or were previously banked and will expire July 31st, 2020.

If you have reservation already booked In your 2019 UY, you can call Ms to see if they can reallocate them into those reservations and free up points that are bankable.

You can also do online by modifying it, and go through like you are booking, just don’t change. Then it will pull those points into a reservation, providing you do have current UY points being used.

If they are actual 2019 points, they should be bankable. Do you have a stay booked somewhere during that time period and have some banked 2018 points in your contract? If so maybe it used the new points instead of the banked points which can be fixed with a call to member services. Or were some of the points transferred in?
looking at the history it looks like they were borrowed from 2020 and then they stay was canceled. Does that make them unbankable?

If you have an August use year, your 2019 points are good for stays between 8/1/2019 and 7/31/2020.

If the points in your account right now are not available to bank, they must have already been banked (from 2018) or borrowed (from 2020) or in holding status (from a late cancellation). So those points must be used to pay for a stay with a check out day no later than August 1, 2020.
ok that makes sense- i just saw that they were borrowed for a canceled trip. Thank you!

looking at the history it looks like they were borrowed from 2020 and then they stay was canceled. Does that make them unbankable?
Yes. Borrowing is a final transaction. So you'll have to use those points before your 2020 use year begins on 8/1/2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!