Points Transfer Questions with Multiple Membership IDs

Great3

DIS Veteran
So, I actually ended getting another Aulani 200 points contract, Feb UY, in addition to my 100 points, June UY contract. I am finally done buying. I did book my first Aulani vacation for Dec. this year, excited about that!!!

Now, back to the questions. Since my two contracts are different UY years at the same Aulani resort, I have 2 different membership ID numbers.

Is the points transfer once per member, or once per membership ID?

I can understand how points transfer work if it's once per membership ID.

What gets me is if it's restricted to one transfer per member per year. With different Feb and June Use years, how does that work?

I am not quite sure I understand the restrictions regarding one transfer in or out. I read the rules on DVC website and other DVC info web pages, but I can't seem to make sense of it all.

Thanks ahead of time for any clarity someone can shed on point transfer out / in restrictions.

Great3

Back Story and another side question: I had to borrow June 2020 UY points to make my reservations for Dec 2019, since it's only 100 points contract. Now that I got this new Feb UY contract with leftover Feb. 2019 UY points, I can't use it by Jan. 2020. I know I can bank it forward, but I am considering skipping Oahu for 2020 to go to Big Island (which I actually love better than Oahu), or Maui, or Kauai (which I never been and still wanting to go someday). I know once banked, I can't transfer out Feb. 2019 UY points anymore, just rent out if need be, so I am looking to transfer out remaining Feb. 2019 UY points, Feb. 2020 UY points, and remaining June 2020 UY points and not quite sure I understand the Transfer In / Out Restrictions properly.

Now the side question: Since I just got this new Feb. UY contract, will DVC let me un-borrow June 2020 UY points to substitute with the remaining Feb. 2019 UY points I just got for my current reservation. Reservation was made within 7 months window, and still have availability for what I want right now, so it can be cancel and rebook. If they can do that, than I would only have Feb. 2020 and June 2020 UY points to deal with later, and can figure all this out later if I really want to skip Oahu next year. I know usually, once borrow, points can't be returned back to the UY they came from, which I am fine with (rules are rules), I will just work with the rules we got. But I wonder if Disney will make an exception for situation like this when you just purchase another contract. But if the exception is only a once in a Lifetime exception, obviously, this not a good time to ask for that exception, and I will save that favor from DVC for when there's really no other options other than to lose points to ask for the exception. There's plenty of option on the table, I have until end of Sept. currently to make my decisions about what to do before having to bank Feb. 2019 points.

So, I found this posted on another thread on Disboards (thanks for always teaching me new things):

From Article II, paragraph 5, B, 2)

However, if a Club Member purchases an additional Ownership Interest after Borrowing Home Resort Vacation Points, that Club Member may substitute newly allocated Home Resort Vacation Points of a current Use Year for the Borrowed Home Resort Vacation Points that were used toward a future reservation, and the Borrowed Home Resort Vacation Points will be returned to their original Use Year.

Using the above rule, I decided to just call DVC and asked about the rule, and the CM went ahead and booked a new reservation using my remaining Feb. 2019 UY points along with some points borrowed from my Feb. 2020 UY to complete it. Than she cancel my original reservation, and returned the borrowed June UY 2020 points back to 2020 (but said it will still take 7-10 days to process to show up), so now I don't have to deal with the remaining Feb. 2019 UY points anymore.

I hope I didn't end up using my once in a lifetime exception, that the CM did that as part of the allowed rule as I asked about above, but if I did, oh well, it's too late now. I know rules are rules, and don't expect exceptions to be handed out.

At least now I don't have the urgency to have to deal with Feb. 2019 points that are already 6 months in the UY. So, now I am back to 100 points June 2020 UY, with remaining Feb. 2020 UY hat haven't started yet.

Back to the original question I have, basically, is the one transfer in / out once for member per the year, or once per membership ID per UY?
My interpretation and guess from reading the rules is one transfer in/out per membership ID.
Can anybody confirmed that have already successfully transferred out twice in the same calendar year for two different UY / membership ID, or even transferred in in twice, once to each UY / membership ID? Or out to one membership ID, and in to another membership ID?

Thanks,
Great3

Last edited:
Back to the original question I have, basically, is the one transfer in / out once for member per the year, or once per membership ID per UY?
My interpretation and guess from reading the rules is one transfer in/out per membership ID.
Can anybody confirmed that have already successfully transferred out twice in the same calendar year for two different UY / membership ID, or even transferred in in twice, once to each UY / membership ID? Or out to one membership ID, and in to another membership ID?

Thanks,
Great3
The transfer rules apply to Use Year. If you have multiple Membership numbers (not contracts within the same Membership), you are allowed ONE transfer (either in or out) per Membership per Use Year. You may transfer from/to the current and next Use Year. If you are currently in your 2019 Use Year (Feb/Mar/April/June/Aug Use Year) you may transfer from your 2019 Use Year into another Member's 2019 and/or 2020 Use Year. If you are still in your 2018 Use Year (Sep/Oct/Dec) you nay transfer from your 2018 Use Year into another Member's 2018 and/or 2019 Use Year. Accepting a transfer is governed by the same rules.

You could transfer twice with one phone call - once for each appropriate Use Year.

And you can’t transfer banked points, but you can bank transferred points. :teacher:

I have 3 use years... Sept & Oct OKW and Feb Aulani. I had transferred from one OKW to another, didn’t use all the transferred points, and banked the rest. A couple of things I dislike about transferred points are that you can’t see them or use them online.

For my next trip, I’m trying something that I like a lot better (so far)... I used one OKW contract to book 2 nights at BLT and the other to book 3 nights at BLT. Both are 1BR Theme Park View. I then called to have them linked. I still had to call MS, but I got to make the ressies myself. Of course, I was within the 7 month window, so I didn’t have to battle for a rare room type right at 7 months on 2 different days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!