Politness Discussion

My wife sews small Disney fabric magnets and we hand them out to CMs with whom we've had a good interaction. It could be a City Hall person, a parking tram CM who gave a great spiel, a cashier, a food server, whoever. They love getting them and get really excited when we give them one.

My wife sews small Disney fabric magnets and we hand them out to CMs with whom we've had a good interaction. It could be a City Hall person, a parking tram CM who gave a great spiel, a cashier, a food server, whoever. They love getting them and get really excited when we give them one.

Your wife is awesome.

can you post what they look like

can you post what they look like
XSQNCBwm.jpg

Here they are. The solid colors are just backs of some of them. They all have Disney designs on the fronts.

I usually have little notes in decorated small envelopes ready that I can hand out to CMs I have a good interactions with. I also go out of my way to talk to CMs that are maintaining the bathrooms. I think it's important to make people feel seen and appreciated.

Here's a line I use when I am interacting with Cast Members...

"Hey, when are you guys finally getting rid of that worthless idiot Duffy?"

They always seem to appreciate that.

Some people LIKED Duffy - he was the character that made my husband fall in love (the way i was) with Disney.

I have actually made it my mission to positively recognize, and compliment (either to the person themselves, or their boss/es, or both) MUCH more the last few years - and especially those that rarely receive "attaboys". I think I have caught quite a few by surprise, and I KNOW I have made many more grateful to be appreciated, and touched. And at the end of the day - the one I've made the MOST happy by all this? ME!!! :)

I have done this too! I always try to thank as many CMs as I can, offer a genuine smile, and especially put in compliments to guest services about their service. I make a note in my phone of the name, location, etc and then go and do it. I hope it has a positive effect on them and their careers, and let's face it, they probably deal with a lot of frustration on many days, so I would hope getting a compliment might brighten it! One time I accidentally frightened a CM by asking how I should put her name (she used an English name as well as her Chinese name, I believe) and she looked scared for a split second until I told her I wanted to make sure to leave a compliment with guest services because she was just outstanding in helping us. She had the biggest smile!

I do always try to be polite to the CMs and I'm pretty sure most visitors don't. I remember when it hit me, I was actually at Disneyland and I needed a restroom. In the restroom a custodial CM had just finished cleaning a stall - a stall that I was about to *ahem* utilize. I stopped and said, "Thank you so much" as a freshly cleaned stall is quite a boon. The way he looked at me for a moment told me that he was very rarely told that - a mix of surprise and confusion. He said, "You're very welcome" and went about his business, but it really dawned on me that these guys who work so hard to make my experience great are very underappreciated by the guests.

Last edited:
Just back from a very short local trip. I made sure to write a short "thank you" note to put with my tip for my maid, thanked several other employees I encountered for their service, and just finished writing several reviews, including names, on Trip Advisor - the good, and the bad (mostly good). I also emailed the bus company I used to compliment the highly personal and personable Tour Guide and bus driver from the company I used, especially being genuine and attentive to me with my mobility issues. Practicing what I preach. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter