Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is one other site I've gone to where I've seen it, but mostly on the Dis and ONLY on mobile (phone or table).

Its bad. Apparently a rogue Google ad. I had to stop using Chrome in my phone and install Samsung internet plus adblocker plus for it. My iPad and safari are unusable on the DIS now.

For me, the answer is a resounding yes, only this site, only on phone, Android, using Chrome browser.

Does anyone have a good ad blocker for Android? I have used Adblock Plus for years on my desktop/laptop (using now) and it works great. Only ones I have found for phone on Google Play are designed for Samsung browser, I use Chrome there also.

I get it most often on the dis but also other sites, on phone, tablet or computer. It is so annoying and the only way to get out is to close the window and go back in. The other day on the dis, it popped up, I closed window, opened dis back up only to have it immediately pop up again....I gave up. :mad:

Yes. I really on DIS on my phone and get it there multiple times in a row after closing it out and reopening each time. It is definitely cutting down on my time here. So aggravating.

To be fair, I only use my iPad or phone so....

That said, I’ve been getting a ton of pop-ups on this site and the occasional on one other site.

For those who are not getting these popups on their phones, are you using iOS or Android? And do you use an Adblocker?

Tablet, Kindle fire, with silk browser. The google "you have won a Walmart GC" message is preceded by numerous "pop ups have been blocked" messages.

Last edited:
Its bad. Apparently a rogue Google ad. I had to stop using Chrome in my phone and install Samsung internet plus adblocker plus for it. My iPad and safari are unusable on the DIS now.

Funny I switched to Chrome because I was getting it on the Samsung web app.

I voted "No" because I use Chrome with the Blur extension to block things like Google's adsense tracker and also I don't visit the the DisBoard on my phone or tablet.

I'm having the problem on my iPhone, only with the Dis. The site is unusable on my phone. @hiroMYhero mentioned the issue in a post about the software upgrade coming on Saturday. They know about the issue (which seems to lie with Google.)

Using iOS and had pop up issues with safari, on the DIS mostly. I downloaded AdGuard. Followed the video within the app to setup proper settings and those annoying pop ups stopped.

For those who are not getting these popups on their phones, are you using iOS or Android? And do you use an Adblocker?
Or for the No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites (currently 8 votes), are you not using a phone or tablet? Just using a laptop or desktop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!