Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s been a huge issue from my phone this week. As of last night it happened every time I signed on. I finally downloaded an ad blocker, it’s been fine since!

Yes, this site, on iPhone X. The site and forums are completely unusable with this pop up. Someone mentioned and ad blocker, so I'm going to try that next. I'm using my MacBook Pro right now and no such ads are popping up.

I just got it when I was trying to answer the survey! And there are so many ads in general on the Dis now, I can’t stand it. After every couple of messages, there is an ad and there are so many at the top of the front page. I find myself coming here less and less.

I couldn’t access the website at all yesterday evening on my phone because every time I loaded a few seconds later I get the pop up. Every single time. Using an iPad without problem however.

I hadn't been on in a while (at least a couple of years) and tried first on my phone (iPhone 8S+) and there were so many popups I couldn't even log in! I got out my computer and found it's not just me.... I'll be downloading a pop-up blocker and hope it get sorted soon. I have a LOT to catch up on and plan!

On my iPhone it was the pop ups. On my computer it was the ads that force you to the bottom of the page. Over and over and over. Posting was becoming a near impossible chore. The ad blocker for the phone and the computer took care of both problems right away.

They come and go in streaks, but only on my iPhone, never my laptop. They have been so bad lately I haven’t been able to use my iPhone to read the boards at all at times, and I can’t go to my laptop nearly as much. Currently I’m only getting them occasionally, but last night the boards were unreadable from my phone. I don’t fully buy into the google ad excuse- why only this site? It’s so bad I come to the boards much less, and it really aggravates me that it’s such a known issue and nothing is being done- heck, it’s never even officially addressed!!

I have been bombarded for days on my iPhone. I downloaded the iOS update and the problem is solved...until the next time.

I wanted to post here how bad it was, while using my phone. Couldn't do it. Had to give up. All other sites I visited on my phone, every one, no problems. This site, a nightmare. Typing this now on my desktop PC. :headache:

Still a headache here with the mobile device popups, just on this site. Anyone still having problems? Or anybody new want to add their thoughts and vote?

Yesterday I got a message on my mobile phone, that I hadn't gotten before, while I was trying to access this site. It told me that my phone was corrupted, etc. and that I should buy something to get rid of the problem. That was a new one!

Still a headache here with the mobile device popups, just on this site. Anyone still having problems? Or anybody new want to add their thoughts and vote?
Tuesday I started getting them again
But only got them when I was in the community boards and one other board

Wednesday for a few on other boards but nothing today so far

It's pretty ridiculous, is my thought. I am surprised this hasn't been taken care of by now.

Anyway... this was only occurring on my phone since I use AdBlockPlus on my browser(s) on my PC.

So I downloaded the DuckDuckGo privacy browser on my phone and only access The Dis using that and I haven't had any more issues. But I won't open it in mobile Chrome anymore.

Me too. :(

Always a Walmart gift card or Verizon. Took 3 tries to post this response.

This is why I switched from Chrome to Firefox on my mobile device. I don’t get this on Firefox.

For those of you with android phone/tablet, someone suggested this to me and it works...

Once you're in the browser, click the three dots in the upper right.
Go to Settings , then Site Settings
Go to JavaScript
Set the button to BLOCK JavaScript.

Bam, no more popups.

However, other webpages may not work exactly correct. If that's the case...
Once you're in the browser, click the three dots in the upper right.
Go to Settings , then Site Settings
Go to JavaScript
Click 'Add Exception'.
Type in the web address of the server (everything AFTER http:// but BEFORE the next /).
Reload the page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter