Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pop ups for this site only are still bad on my android on Chrome, but not Internet Explorer

My problem was resolved after I updated my iPhone. For anyone with an Apple device, I highly recommend that you update to the latest iOS.

Also having issues, oddly only while in the USA (here on vacation). Giving up on Disboards for the rest of the trip as I can generally only view one or two pages before it pops up. Hope the Dis are getting good ad money from the pop ups as they are driving views away from other advertises

It's gotten so bad that, after 20+ years of posting here, I made the decision to leave. The fact that no administrator has come here, even to say "I'm sorry, but unfortunately we can't stop it" has made my decision a fairly easy one. I can't risk infecting my computer. BTW, I'm on the computer at the hospital where I volunteer, so if you hear anything, the pop-ups got the computer system!

It's gotten so bad that, after 20+ years of posting here, I made the decision to leave. The fact that no administrator has come here, even to say "I'm sorry, but unfortunately we can't stop it" has made my decision a fairly easy one. I can't risk infecting my computer. BTW, I'm on the computer at the hospital where I volunteer, so if you hear anything, the pop-ups got the computer system!
:hug:'s Dorothy.

And that really is strange. On this thread and so many others, zero response. :confused3

Do you primarily get the spam popups on your computer, or on phone/tablet devices? Or everything? I use ad blockers on my PC and get none here. No ads, no popups. A totally different story on the phone. :badpc:

:hug:'s Dorothy.

And that really is strange. On this thread and so many others, zero response. :confused3

Do you primarily get the spam popups on your computer, or on phone/tablet devices? Or everything? I use ad blockers on my PC and get none here. No ads, no popups. A totally different story on the phone. :badpc:

I get the pop-ups on everything at home, but since I haven't gotten them here at the hospital, I'll continue checking the DIS when I'm volunteering and have time.

UGH!!! For about a week, it seemed like it was gone on my phone. :confused3 But yesterday and today, the spam popups are back in full force. Nauseating!! On my laptop now, no spam ads from the dis here, constant spam popups from the dis (only this website) on phone and tablet. :sad2:

UGH!!! For about a week, it seemed like it was gone on my phone. :confused3 But yesterday and today, the spam popups are back in full force. Nauseating!! On my laptop now, no spam ads from the dis here, constant spam popups from the dis (only this website) on phone and tablet. :sad2:

Same here. So annoying! If I turn java script off, the ads don’t pop up.

same here ! All night last night - only on disboards !

On and off for the last two weeks. I thought they had finally disappeared, but, unfortunately, that is not the case. Ugh.

Do you turn Java on then, for sites that require Java? On/off/on/off/on?
Android gives you the capability of programming "exceptions" (websites where Java needs to be on). So I have Java off (because of DIS) but have about a dozen exemptions for sites I'm ok w/Java. I wish it was the opposite (Java on with the exception of certain websites).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts