Poll.......Anybody getting the spam 'Congratulations, you won.....!' popups??

Are you getting these 'Congratulations, you won whatever' popups?

• Yes, but just on this site and on any device

Votes: 106 21.4%
  • Yes, on this and other sites and on any device

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Yes, but just on this site and only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 314 63.3%
  • Yes, on this and other sites but only on cell phone/tablets

Votes: 38 7.7%
  • No, not getting these popups on this site or any other sites

Votes: 31 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will say I haven't see the problem on other sites recently, but I also haven't seen it here since I disabled Java on my phone & tablet.

Started getting this again yesterday and now getting it again tonight.

I was able to go into Site Settings and allow JavaScript with exceptions, and entered disboards.com
On your phone, go to Chrome. Click the upper right triple dots. Click on Settings. Scroll down to Site settings. Scroll down to JavaScript. Click Add Site Exception. Add www.disboards.com Click Add.
Ah. I was doing the opposite... turning Java off, then setting exceptions for the websites I needed Java on. This makes it much easier. Thank you.

Ah. I was doing the opposite... turning Java off, then setting exceptions for the websites I needed Java on. This makes it much easier. Thank you.
So I turned Java on and set disboards as an exception. First time I came to Dis, "attention google winner!". Java is turned back off

I hadn’t gotten the pop ups in a while when accessing from my iPhone. This last week it has been daily, every time. So frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter