Poll | Best Dining at Hollywood Studios

Best table service at Hollywood Studios

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cafiasco

Earning My Ears
We want your opinion on the best table service at Hollywood Studios for dining shows!

Corey Fiasco
Associate Producer
The DIS

Fiasco, my pick is Hollywood Brown Derby. But, I must say, we actually enjoy all the restaurants on the list including Hollywood and Vine. Maybe we caught a good buffet day. I liked it better than Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Faire. My favorite food item at the Hollywood Brown Derby is the grapefruit cake!

Everyone in the family found something to like at SciFi
That said, you CAN wait a LOOONG time past your ADR time, and it's not good enough to devote multiple hours to.

Everyone in my family finds something good at Sci Fi, but we tried Hollywood & Vine Seasonal this year for a first time dinner and while I see many bad comments here on the boards, we quite enjoyed it. My kids begged to go back for breakfast late in the week, so I rescheduled some ADRs to fit one more trip to H&V in for breakfast. I don't often see my two pre-teens begging to go someplace. They usually are more like, "Idunno" and "don't-care" in their responses.

This was tough because I really like Sci-fi and 50's Prime time but the last few times I have been disappointed. They keep removing items from the menu that we enjoyed or made the portions smaller without lowering the price. I am going with Mama Melrose because I have never had a bad meal there. I truly enjoyed the Shrimp Campanelle. The tomato and mozzarella appetizer is also really tasty. We have never waited to be seated and the service has always been great.

I voted HBD.
We closed out the restaurant and it was tremendous.

A very close second with its uniqueness & the food is good too; sci-fi.

HBD lounge for al fresco dining, apps, margarita flights, shrimp and grits, cobb salad and of course people watching. More expensive but a refreshing adult retreat and an escape from mediocre quick service.

We want your opinion on the best table service at Hollywood Studios for dining shows!

Corey Fiasco
Associate Producer
The DIS
I know this isn't the popular vote, but in my 9 times of eating here at 50's P/T, never once did we have a bad(let alone a mediocre) experience here. Quite the opposite TBH. every cast member we've had played the part to a "T" and the food has always been consistent....Now mind you it's not extravagant, over the top food, but there are other places, ( such as HBD ) that will fill that need...So with that said 50'd gets my nod:thumbsup2

I voted for MM. I’ve only been once, but my favorite meal ever was there- the Saltimbocca.... yummmmm. I asked our server if it was possible to get the recipe, and the Chef himself brought it out to me! Delicious food and great service also. We did the F! Dining plan so got a FP for F! too! All around a great experience. :)

I wonder how the voting would shift if Signatures weren't included (just read all 3 poll-threads).

I remember eating in the Brown Derby in like 89 and really liking it. The only other sit down I have eaten in at Hollywood Studios is Sci-Fi, where the food is uhhh fine? It's fine. I like the experience of eating there. It's fine. My wife doesn't like experiences like '50s Prime Time so we don't usually eat there and I'm really super picky about Italian food, so I tend to not go to Italian restaurants. Looks like Mama Melrose is good though, right?

Sci-Fi has okay food. I just hate eating in the dark staring at the back of my family’s heads.

Brown Derby has the best food.

No option for Docking Bay 7 or Ronto Roasters?

Food is best at Brown Derby. As a signature, it should be.
Best theming is Prime Time Cafe. 1 of the best themed restaurants anywhere on property, with a fun wait staff. Food is actually solid comfort food.
Most relaxing is actually Sci Fi: cool, dark, and quiet as everyone quietly watches the movie screen. (food rather generic applebees quality)

Hollywood and Vine is the best (and only) buffet on the list!

In a lot of ways, I find DHS actually has the best TS dining of any park, with the good theming combined with a few solid quality options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!