Poll: Do you wear Disney themed clothes when you're there? And thoughts on what I should wear?

Do you wear Disney themed clothes to the parks?

• Yes, always

Votes: 109 30.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Sometimes, I mix it up with Disney and non Disney throughout the trip

Votes: 212 59.6%

• Total voters

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Just wondering what others tend to wear.
Personally I always feel like I "should" wear Disney themed shirts but there's a part of me that just wants to wear "normal" shirts.
For my February trip I was going to order several Disney shirts (Meeko, Marie with with hearts for Valentine's Day, Tinkerbell, Chip n' Dale...) from Redbubble.
Today though in the mail I got this plain v-neck fitted t-shirt in a raspberry color and it looks so amazing that I'm ordering this shirt in every color they sell lol.
That got me thinking should I bother to buy all those Disney themed ones especially for the trip or should I just wear these plain colored ones? (If I bought the Disney ones I'd definitely wear them at home too but initially I'd be buying them for my trip)

I mix it up. I have some park based shirts from Redbubble (woohoo! Fellow Redbubble shopper!) like a vintage Epcot, Main Street, and Adventurer's Club, plus some character shirts. I also like shirts from places like Walt's Wardrobe - got a Jungle Cruise one last year. That said, more often than not I'm in regular shirts.

People wear Disney apparel and regular apparel at the parks. Everything fits in.

I mix it up.

I wear shirts that I have already purchased, that are Disney themed. I don't buy shirts to "wear at Disney."

And I wear other clothes that I own.

I did just recently purchase a red skirt with white polka dots. I haven't received it, yet. So I have no idea if it is something I will wear at Disney.

I mix it up as best as I can, and try to theme my outfits by the park I'm going to. I have a few pairs of Disney Lularoe leggings and a ton of Disney and Star Wars t-shirts. I also have Disney purses, backpacks, jewelry, and sneakers. The only things I can't do are ears--I have a big head and headbands hurt. :mad:

I failed to mention that the reason I was going to buy several new Disney themed shirts vs wearing ones I've already accumulated is due to losing 60lbs+ since April 2016. I am no longer a 2X but now a size medium. I have 4 Disney themed Xmas shirts and I wore them because I love them but not out of the house because they were to the point of looking sloppy.

Maybe I'll buy 2 of the 4 shirts instead.
I absolutely love Meeko and Chip n' Dale (in their Rescue Rangers outfits) so maybe I'll get those.
I was only getting the Marie one with hearts specifically because I was thinking of Valentine's Day. Not to say I don't like Marie but that's not the shirt I'd choose to buy as everyday wear.
I was getting Tink because I liked it but I'm not in love with it.

So I'll mix it up :)

We wear a combination of Disney shirts and other clothes including shirts for our NFL team if our trip is during football season.

I failed to mention that the reason I was going to buy several new Disney themed shirts vs wearing ones I've already accumulated is due to losing 60lbs+ since April 2016. I am no longer a 2X but now a size medium. I have 4 Disney themed Xmas shirts and I wore them because I love them but not out of the house because they were to the point of looking sloppy.

Maybe I'll buy 2 of the 4 shirts instead.
I absolutely love Meeko and Chip n' Dale (in their Rescue Rangers outfits) so maybe I'll get those.
I was only getting the Marie one with hearts specifically because I was thinking of Valentine's Day. Not to say I don't like Marie but that's not the shirt I'd choose to buy as everyday wear.
I was getting Tink because I liked it but I'm not in love with it.

So I'll mix it up :)
Have you tried altering them?

I lost 50 lbs, going from a 2x to a large/XL. I simply put some seams up the sides to tighten them up a little. Now I wasn't going down to a medium, but it might be worth a try.

I never wear Disney themed clothing. I only wear black, solid colours. It's what I'm most comfortable in.
You should wear what's comfortable to you or styles/colours you love. :)
A perfect fit also feels great!

Congratulations on your weight loss OP!

There’s not much Disney themed moisture-wicking clothing.
Most of the dark T-shirts they sell are too hot to wear in the parks.
I do have a few Disney polos that I’ll wear, and a few t-shirts are OK at night.

(The above is mostly about summer or times with 80+ temperatures). I wore more of my Disney T-shirt’s this NYE.

Last edited:
I do, now.

I always used to hide my Disney fandom. Being a 28 year old male, you tend to get some weird looks when you talk about Disney World and how frequently my family goes. It's usually followed by "oh, with your kids?" ... "no... with my parents and sister."

I have a golf polo from Beach Club that I wear golfing. As for in the parks - absolutely. I have a Disney Hawaiian shirt i wear to Ohana. I also have a few shirts from Uniqlo. A few years ago Disney started making some really nice t-shirts and clothes. It stopped being the kitschy, childish themes and they gravitated toward clothes I don't mind wearing.

Plus, I developed this mindset that no one at Disney judges. Everyone is there for the same reason.

I do, now.

I always used to hide my Disney fandom. Being a 28 year old male, you tend to get some weird looks when you talk about Disney World and how frequently my family goes. It's usually followed by "oh, with your kids?" ... "no... with my parents and sister."

I have a golf polo from Beach Club that I wear golfing. As for in the parks - absolutely. I have a Disney Hawaiian shirt i wear to Ohana. I also have a few shirts from Uniqlo. A few years ago Disney started making some really nice t-shirts and clothes. It stopped being the kitschy, childish themes and they gravitated toward clothes I don't mind wearing.

Plus, I developed this mindset that no one at Disney judges. Everyone is there for the same reason.

Are you single?
Do you know how hard it is to find a guy that is into Disney without having been "Notebooked" into it by their now wife? lol.

Are you single?
Do you know how hard it is to find a guy that is into Disney without having been "Notebooked" into it by their now wife? lol.

Hahaha I am very much single. My grandma lived in Holiday Florida, so growing up, trips to Florida were always coupled with a visit to Disney. I grew up going and fell in love. It's my happy place.

My sister and I even started a podcast directed toward adults visiting Disney. We're nowhere near DisUnplugged, but we have fun doing it.

You can Disneybound and still wear "regular" clothing. Or just add matching Mickey Ears to anything. That always looks great! :)

I mix it up. But some of my favorite t-shirts of all time are shirts that I got at a Disney park, so I tend to wear them when we are there. But, also whatever else is comfortable.

I love the "notebooked" comment. I totally "notebooked" my DH into liking character interactions!

Just wondering what others tend to wear.
Personally I always feel like I "should" wear Disney themed shirts but there's a part of me that just wants to wear "normal" shirts.
For my February trip I was going to order several Disney shirts (Meeko, Marie with with hearts for Valentine's Day, Tinkerbell, Chip n' Dale...) from Redbubble.
Today though in the mail I got this plain v-neck fitted t-shirt in a raspberry color and it looks so amazing that I'm ordering this shirt in every color they sell lol.
That got me thinking should I bother to buy all those Disney themed ones especially for the trip or should I just wear these plain colored ones? (If I bought the Disney ones I'd definitely wear them at home too but initially I'd be buying them for my trip)

Please share where you got the plain t-shirts. I am a sucker for them ;) And Disney, of course :)

I voted Yes Always! I have Disney themed tshirts, shorts, pjs that only get worn at WDW. Dinner at a nicer restaurant gets a regular nice top/capris. I'm very comfy in my Disney attire. I also have my Disney jewelry, that's just for our trips. Matter of fact I got a beautiful Mickey bracelet for Christmas from 2 of my DGDs, they were so excited to give it to me-they know how much Mimi loves Mickey :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!