Poll: Do you wear Disney themed clothes when you're there? And thoughts on what I should wear?

Do you wear Disney themed clothes to the parks?

• Yes, always

Votes: 109 30.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 35 9.8%
  • Sometimes, I mix it up with Disney and non Disney throughout the trip

Votes: 212 59.6%

• Total voters
I have a vast collection of Disney t-shirts which I wear on my trips. I have numerous limited edition shirts that I have purchased over the years. My favorites are the Epcot 25th anniversary t-shirt, Epcot 30th anniversary t-shirt, and a Contemporary Resort t-shirt based on a 1970's poster in the Magic Kingdom. My only problem is deciding which shirts to pack because I can't wear then all!

I voted yes, but I count Marvel as Disney-themed (at this point I have more Marvel shirts than Disney shirts). The only exception I can remember in the last two trips is that when my housemate and I went to Disneyland this last fall I did wear a Labyrinth shirt one day because she has a different Labyrinth shirt and we like to match outfits when we wear those particular shirts. Otherwise? Disney or Marvel every day I'm in the Disney parks; Universal movies (or Harry Potter) on Universal days.

I do occasionally buy shirts in anticipation of an upcoming trip, but I try to keep it to a low number and make sure they're shirts I'll like enough to wear back home as well. For my upcoming Marvel cruise I realized I didn't have enough Marvel shirts to wear a different one every day (GASP!!!) so I may have ordered a couple from TeePublic earlier this month (TeePublic shirts are not very good quality, but they're cheap and comfortable and they've got a lot of unique designs, so I'll live with it).

I just wish Target, JC Penney, etc., would carry more printed t-shirts in women's sizes. It's like they think only men like superheroes and Star Wars and so on, and men's shirts don't flatter me.

These are my favorite!

I wish they had even more colors lol.
I love bold colored plain v necks and most are either baggie or showcase areas I'd like to not showcase like my "sweet roll" lol.
These are just so great at being fitted but not too much and they are very soft and actually look a bit dressy too.

I have a couple of Tshirts and a couple of long sleeve knit shirts from Disney that I like and take with me. I don't always wear them but other than TShirts, no I just wear what I wear at home. But then again, I wear the Tshirts at home.

I always wear Disney tee shirts and hats -- anything else would be unthinkable; I'm at Disney! And, this past trip, I added my beautiful Mickey Mouse watch :)

Last edited:
If I'm not wearing a Disney shirt, I am DisneyBounding. And surprisingly, I didn't have to buy anything new to DB, I just mixed and matched things and it worked out!

I failed to mention that the reason I was going to buy several new Disney themed shirts vs wearing ones I've already accumulated is due to losing 60lbs+ since April 2016. I am no longer a 2X but now a size medium. I have 4 Disney themed Xmas shirts and I wore them because I love them but not out of the house because they were to the point of looking sloppy.

Maybe I'll buy 2 of the 4 shirts instead.
I absolutely love Meeko and Chip n' Dale (in their Rescue Rangers outfits) so maybe I'll get those.
I was only getting the Marie one with hearts specifically because I was thinking of Valentine's Day. Not to say I don't like Marie but that's not the shirt I'd choose to buy as everyday wear.
I was getting Tink because I liked it but I'm not in love with it.

So I'll mix it up :)

Super congrats on your weight loss AND keeping your new size!

I normally wear Disney shirts when I'm there, and usually it'll be ones I've purchased prior to out trip at one of the couple Disney Stores we have within a couple hours drive.

I mix it up. I don’t have many Disney shirts. Hard finding the right size. It’s hard finding plus size shirts..or at least I have a hard time finding them. Or I can’t find any with the right character. I am a Cheshire Cat and Eeyore fan and it’s hard to find shirts with them.
I have a vast collection of sport t-shirts, particularly the Cubs and University of Kentucky ones. I wear them a lot at Disney.
I tend to buy at least one or two new Disney Shirts before each trip.

I mix it up. I don’t have many Disney shirts. Hard finding the right size. It’s hard finding plus size shirts..or at least I have a hard time finding them. Or I can’t find any with the right character. I am a Cheshire Cat and Eeyore fan and it’s hard to find shirts with them.
I have a vast collection of sport t-shirts, particularly the Cubs and University of Kentucky ones. I wear them a lot at Disney.
I tend to buy at least one or two new Disney Shirts before each trip.

I recommend Redbubble for any size.
Also I had so many adorable Disney clothes from Torrid!
I can sometimes find a size 00 that works for me at Torrid but not much.
I'm going to look at Hot Topic since the two are sister companies and often carry a lot of the same Disney items but I've found in the past that Hot Topics are made more for like a tween vs adult so that won't always work for me either.

I usually do about 2-3 days of Disney to 3-4 non-Disney. I might actually have about 4-5 days on my next trip if a few things I ordered arrive in time.

I have a few T-shirts that are Disney/Star Wars themed, but I do not like wearing T-shirts more than a couple days. I then to do dresses or tunics some days.

I have several Disney clothes items, this yr I want to mix it up, I saw someone that wore normal clothes but used a theme or color along with co ordinating ears, they looked awesome!! I want to do that along with Disney items

I wear mostly dresses... primarily but not entirely the Disney-themed ones from Hot Topic or Torrid. I've also done a tiny bit of Disneybounding. I find it's cooler to wear a dress or skirt and bike/wicking shorts than a t-shirt and shorts. I go a lot, so I didn't mind the investment - plus I work in a children's hospital, so I can get away with wearing them to work :)

No, never, I don't own anything "Disney". I usually wear sleeveless t-shirts and shorts (stuff I'd wear to the gym).

It's just a personal thing, but one thing I'm definitely not a fan of is those matching t-shirts...no way would I do that.

I drive my employees crazy at work I wear Disney there about 80% of the time. I was wearing a golf shirt that I bought in 2006 on our last trip. It is a shirt with POFQ on it. The manager of the gift shop at FQ stopped me to look at it and asked me what I spent. I told him $50 in 2006 and he said it was a shame they would not let him sell the same shirt today. He has never seen one that nice for the hotel.

I have some Disney themed skirts that I wear with bike shorts under. My next trip in February I think I'm going to match them with some Disney t-shirts I have; last year I wore them with plain elbow-length t-shirts.

Do what you want, you'll have plenty of company either way. :goodvibes

Have a great trip!

Let me as you all this - what is the conventional thinking on wearing DisneyLAND gear at DisneyWORLD?

DLR is our primary and our most recent trips have been there. We have some gear that is DLR specific branded.
Is there a competition between WDW and DLR?
Is it frowned upon to wear DLR at WDW?

thanks in advance.

I am addicted to LulaRoe clothing line. They have an entire comfortable Disney line that I wear proudly when I go to Disney! So much fun and makes you feel like a kid again! I have 7 days of outfits ready to go for my trip in 44 days!

The kids are usually in Disney garb.. mom is half the time.. i had a shirt or 2 at one time but they are now gone.. be nice to have a nice new disney shirt to wear at WDW but i am simply too darn cheap to buy one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!