POLL: From where and how do you travel to Disney?

1. How far away do you live from Disney; 2. How do you get to Disney? (please answer one each)

• We live within 250 miles away

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • We live 250-500 miles away

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • We live 500-1,000 miles away

Votes: 64 27.1%
  • We live more than 1,000 miles away (in the US)

Votes: 109 46.2%
  • We don't live in the US

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • We (typically) drive

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • We (typically) fly

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters

citivas

Mouseketeer
I'm curious from how far away and by what transportation method people are getting to Disney World to use their DVC points, particularly since you read about so many people coming multiple times a year.

The poll allows multiple selections with the goal of answering one per category.

Thanks.

NYC, Fly. Multiple airlines out of 3 major airports = lots of options (almost hourly) and usually good prices for a direct flight.

We drove from Massachusetts as a kid. 3 days/2 nights to drive, stopping to visit friends/family along the way. It was a very different experience.

Hah wow, that's pretty amazing. I can't even stand to drive from Nashville.
It's quite the drive but it keeps our schedule clear to leave early if we wish and we enjoy it. Typically try to do 14-16 hours the first day and then the remaining 6-8 hours the next.

I'm curious from how far away and by what transportation method people are getting to Disney World to use their DVC points, particularly since you read about so many people coming multiple times a year.
You might want to edit the poll question or, at minimum, your original post to OVER EMPHASIS your intended destination: WDW.

As it is, the poll leaves me in a bind. How far away do I live from Disney? <100 miles ... from Disneyland. But that isn't what you really wanted to know. Be very clear: WDW is not the ONLY Disney destination.

And, fwiw, I use my points almost equally between FL (WDW+Vero), CA and HI. Given our location, we haven't any particular reason to visit DVC Hilton Head.

We're in Springfield, IL. We use to fly, but the last few years we've drove, though with how cheap flights have gotten we may go back to flying. I do actually enjoy the drive down though which is weird I know. We stop in Valdosta, GA. and stay overnight and then get up and to Disney by 9-930AM :)

Drive from Bismarck ND. 2200 miles from our house to OKW. It’s not just the destination we get excited about, we also enjoy the journey. We are retired so time really isn’t an issue. We leave next Tuesday for Disney and return to ND December 5th.

Delaware, fly mostly. Easy access to multiple airports so I can usually catch a good flight. If not, we will drive but do it over 2 days.

You might want to edit the poll question or, at minimum, your original post to OVER EMPHASIS your intended destination: WDW.

As it is, the poll leaves me in a bind. How far away do I live from Disney? <100 miles ... from Disneyland. But that isn't what you really wanted to know. Be very clear: WDW is not the ONLY Disney destination.

And, fwiw, I use my points almost equally between FL (WDW+Vero), CA and HI. Given our location, we haven't any particular reason to visit DVC Hilton Head.
Yes, I sometimes drive to Southern California and visit DL which is a 5-6 hr. drive away, sometimes I fly down to my son's place in SoCal and we drive to DL. But I haven't used points to stay in DL yet, and doubt that I'll use them for Aulani as I prefer Kauai over Oahu.
But typically once a year I fly out of SFO across the country to stay at WDW 10+ days in a 1 br (love all that space) and use my DVC points :) I wish one of the other Bay Area airports had direct flights to MCO as SFO is such a hassle and frequently has weather related slow downs, but thus far it seems only SFO has the non stop flights to MCO.

We live about 1300 miles away and we typically drive-airline travel is getting less and less tolerable , especially since we'd have to change planes (the "joys" of living at the end of the US). We drive 650-700 miles each day over 2 days each way.

From Texas:

1. Drive and overnight in Destin and grab a little beach time.

2. Fly SWA Aus to MCO which is routinely the cheapest and Austin airport incredibly easy to get in and out.

Equally split what we do. Normally if we can get round trip under $250 each, we fly. That happens quite a bit.

For example, next time flying and round trip is $196.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter