POLL: From where and how do you travel to Disney?

1. How far away do you live from Disney; 2. How do you get to Disney? (please answer one each)

• We live within 250 miles away

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • We live 250-500 miles away

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • We live 500-1,000 miles away

Votes: 64 27.1%
  • We live more than 1,000 miles away (in the US)

Votes: 109 46.2%
  • We don't live in the US

Votes: 29 12.3%
  • We (typically) drive

Votes: 51 21.6%
  • We (typically) fly

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters
Massachusetts- we fly out of a variety of airports: Providence, Boston, Manchester NH, Hartford. We even consider a 3 hr drive to Albany to save on fares.

We used to live in NW Louisiana and always drove for twenty years at least twice a year. Driving distance was about 940 miles and we usually had one night in a hotel on the way down. We moved to SWFL this summer and are now only about three hours away (roughly 190 miles). We have a one night trip in Dec, a four night trip in Jan and a four night trip in May planned so far.

We are in central Alabama. So, of course, we drive.

It takes about 7 hours, total. We leave before the crack of dawn and arrive in time for lunch.

Fly from Chicago. MCO to BCV is enough driving for me. :D

Drive and overnight in Destin and grab a little beach time.

I miss living in Atlanta, especially being a 5 hour drive from Destin. The good old days.....

We live in NJ. Drove once, taking extra nights to visit Williamsburg and Charleston along the way. Took the "Auto Train" back and while it was an experience we would never do that again. No one slept at all and the food was awful. After that we have always flown.

We live in Leesburg VA...a suburb of Washington DC. Over the years we have flown, driven and taken the train. My favorite was the train, but it cost a bundle for us and the car.

Ontario, Canada. Typically fly out of Buffalo, NY or Pittsburgh, PA at least twice a year to WDW. Just became DVC owners this year and hope to visit WDW 3 times this year plus Disneyland for the first time this summer.

From Texas:

Equally split what we do. Normally if we can get round trip under $250 each, we fly. That happens quite a bit.

For example, next time flying and round trip is $196.

Wow! That's another reason we don't fly-we haven't been able to get a flight for under $400/pp for years.

CT, Fly. Usually either from BDL or HPN (White Plains). Only out of JFK, LGA or EWR if the deal is incredible.

Some people are nuts. ;)

Growing up, our family of 6 would drive from Champaign, about 2 hours south of Chicago. Now as an adult I gladly fly from Chicago, and know how good I have got it. I also think it is cheaper than driving for a family of 4.

Nashville and we usually drive. I don’t like the thought of being stranded somewhere without my car even though I hardly use it while at WDW unless I go to Universal. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter