Votes: 205 26.7%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 115 15.0%
  • 1000+

Votes: 34 4.4%

• Total voters

Yinn

DIS Veteran
It's funny, we all talk about buying the DVC for your needs. So we calculate our needs, but then we get add-onitus. So how many points do you end up with?
This is an open poll, so if you do add-on or sell, you can come back and change your answers.

We are currently at 800 points and I really, really, really want to add on about 100 - 150 more. Right now, DH isn't quite on board...LOL

I own BWV and SSR...BWV for specific trips and SSR for sleep around points since I just retired and hoping to go almost every month for 3 to 4 nights (except when we do big family trips which should be EOY).

I realize that for December trips, I would love to have home resort advantage at either BLT, Poly or CCV...so working on him to let me add on at one of those...

I'll update in the next 6 - 8 months when I get my way!!!

We are currently at 800 points and I really, really, really want to add on about 100 - 150 more. Right now, DH isn't quite on board...LOL

I own BWV and SSR...BWV for specific trips and SSR for sleep around points since I just retired and hoping to go almost every month for 3 to 4 nights (except when we do big family trips which should be EOY).

I realize that for December trips, I would love to have home resort advantage at either BLT, Poly or CCV...so working on him to let me add on at one of those...

Love that " when I get my way..." LOL! That's my strategy, too. I want those 175 or so additional points at CCV, but there needs to be a slow move towards that goal before the pounce. What's funny is I softened him up w a discussion on a Direct Purchase (while staying at CCV) and he was all for it until he discovered points were at $210. I'm jealous of your 800 points. :) We only own 510 points, which are at four resorts, PVB, BWV, AKV, and BLT, biggest chunk at BWV.

We currently own 285 total between BWV and SSR. Would like another 75-100 possibly to be able to pretty much stay in 1 bedrooms for our whole vacation instead of just part of our stay but we 'll see in a couple years. :smickey:

My DW says we do not have enough, currently have 350 points, 250 at SSR and 100 at OKW. OKW are 2057 expiration.

It's as if they don't want to make any extra sales because of the increase. First, the increase was done quietly on the DVC website. Second, you would think they staff enough people on the eve of the increase to ensure that people will buy, buy, buy!! I was expecting "extra magic hours" set up for DVC sales, not an early closing...
Is he in a support group for this, and if so may I join? Please?

:rolleyes1:teacher::eek:
'HaHa! Being married to me has put him in several!!!

I always feel we have such a small number of points when I read these boards, but it seems we're actually not doing that badly given that we only started last year! (314) I'm still planning my next purchase, but the recent changes ruined my plans and I still haven't worked out what the next step is! :-)

Just checking about your categories - if you have, say 200 points, should you choose the second option or the third option?

I think that depends on you. Do you feel like 200 points is plenty? (Go lower) Or do you feel it's not enough? (Go higher)

I always feel we have such a small number of points when I read these boards, but it seems we're actually not doing that badly given that we only started last year! (314) I'm still planning my next purchase, but the recent changes ruined my plans and I still haven't worked out what the next step is! :-)

That's a large part of why I started the thread. From reading the boards I felt like everyone in the world had 2000 points!

You have the life I want... lol. A dream is a wish, your heart makes.

I'm two payments away from paying off our first add-on (to get to 210), but I have a feeling that I may add on again in February when we're on a cruise. Eventually I'd like to get a second 160 point contract so I can give one of those to each of my kids, but then my wife and I will be have to get more for the two of us! LOL

I'm two payments away from paying off our first add-on (to get to 210), but I have a feeling that I may add on again in February when we're on a cruise. Eventually I'd like to get a second 160 point contract so I can give one of those to each of my kids, but then my wife and I will be have to get more for the two of us! LOL

...Dad?

I’m willing to be adopted...just saying, it’s worth a consideration.

DW is out of control and I am an enabler. We started with 200 VGF points and quickly discovered (because we booked so late) that we really like big villas and needed more points to travel that way; add another 204 VGF resale. We did a split stay at BCV and VGF; add 200 BCV resale. A stay in a 1 bd at BLT showed us the double advantage of an extra bathroom and walking to MK; add 280 BLT resale. Now that we are up to 884, DW is mumbling about adding 116 to get to 1000 points (apparently it comes with a key to the DVC 1000 point washroom).

To use all the points DW invited the extended family down for a few days. Our intention was to get a BLT Grand Villa (never stayed in one before). Too many said yes so had to switch to two 2bd villas. Upside: two 2bd villas uses fewer points than grand villa. Downside: don't get to stay in grand villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts