Votes: 163 21.2%
  • 300-500

Votes: 205 26.7%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 115 15.0%
  • 1000+

Votes: 34 4.4%

• Total voters
We have 200 direct at AK (bought I think 5 years ago) and bought 100 resale at GF a few years ago.

Bought direct in 2010 at BLT for 220 points, not enough so 2011 added 60 direct, still not enough so in 2012 added 50 direct. Made the mistake of taking DW to AK and she fell in love, bought 100 direct in 2015 for her Birthday. Quickly realized cannot do much with 100 so in 2017 bought resale 160 at AK. If my math is correct that makes 590. Since retirement is just a couple of years away, I believe we are maxed out (well I guess you never really know about the maxed out thing).

Bought direct in 2010 at BLT for 220 points, not enough so 2011 added 60 direct, still not enough so in 2012 added 50 direct. Made the mistake of taking DW to AK and she fell in love, bought 100 direct in 2015 for her Birthday. Quickly realized cannot do much with 100 so in 2017 bought resale 160 at AK. If my math is correct that makes 590. Since retirement is just a couple of years away, I believe we are maxed out (well I guess you never really know about the maxed out thing).
With your AKL points, have you ever snagged a Value-Studio or Value-1BR, and was it at 11 Months or less ??

335 at AKL. Started with 160 resale in 2017 and bought 25 direct shortly after that. Added 150 resale at the start of 2019...

To E2ME2--I have never tried for a Value. DW wants the Savanna view, and cannot guarantee if you book Value. So was never an option. Also, have only owned the 260 total at AK for 2 years, so who knows what the future holds. I know I have already booked Poly in May. We are considering BR in Oct. The following year is the 50th Annv of WDW opening and my entire family is already in discussion on where and when we are going. To show how far out we plan, in 2022 is my retirement party to be celibrated in Aulani.

Last edited:
Currently have 175 probably add another 50. that's all we need

1060 BWV, Riviera, SSR, BCV - BUT we started in 1999 with 240 points, and added on through the years. Our usual annual trips are almost 2 weeks, twice a year, in a 1 bdrm, and 1 week, twice a year, for DS & his GF. Fortunately, we don't feel we are "missing out" on other places: I've traveled to almost every state, we live near fantastic town beaches, and went to Italy just a few months ago (DH said it was "nice", but liked WDW better o_O- as amazing as it was, it was more go-go-go touristy vs a relaxing vacation). We also have plans for at least one international trip annually. There are no wrong or right indulgences (which DVC is) - it's all about what makes YOU happy.

Last edited:
We had two contracts for 155 pts each (310). Since the oldest is off to college and #2 this coming September we sold one contract and only have the one for 155.

200 PVB Direct
225 AKV Resale

May be interested in another 175-200 at Reflections in a few years.

Fell victim to addonitis:

BRV (295)
127 Direct
168 Resale

AKL (120 + 50 pending)
120 Resale
*50 Resale (still in ROFR)

In hindsight, I should have just bought the 160 point contract I debated over the 120 contract, but at the time I was being conservative... and then couldn’t pass up a 50 point contract, LOL. If we don’t get the small contract, we may purchase direct to eventually get 100 Direct AKL so that when BRV expires we still have access to direct benefits. But we’ll do that after Reflections comes out, as we’re waiting to see if we want to buy there.

The urge to add on is real! Currently 500 points. Bought sight unseen and never been to wdw only Disneyland.
Direct ccv oct 2018: 150 points
Added on direct ccv May 2019 75 points
Added on resale vgc nov 2019 100 points
(Didn’t care for riviera initially until we saw it in person.. yes well aware of restrictions) Added on Riviera direct Dec 2019 175 points

I think I’m good for now. Dreaming if Disneyland hotel dvc happens hoping to snag some vgc resale (hopefully price will drop due to that.. I can only dream)

We bought sight unseen (I know very risky well I’m a risk taker) but added more becauSe we had a blast on our first welcome home and loved the concept.

We have 100 points - Polynesian. We plan on adding more soon but I am in awe of you 500+ peeps!

That's a large part of why I started the thread. From reading the boards I felt like everyone in the world had 2000 points!
Me too! So funny!! We appear to be smack in the middle... but, of course, wanting to add on more. My hubby claims we’re done, but he loves it nearly as much as I do, so I doubt it 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!