Poll to find out what type of bus ride you appreciate more!

What kind of Disney bus ride do you appreciate?

• Quiet comfortable ride with a friendly driver?

• Jungle Cruise type ride with jokes and interaction?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Some jokes are great as long as the PA system/mic/whatever is loud and clear enough for people to understand what is being said. I agree with a PP too though that it's a bit more appropriate in the mornings/afternoons, and less so at night when everyone is tired and there may be little ones trying to nap on the ride home. There's probably a bit to say too about taking cues from each oarticular group of guests. If after making a couple jokes, you're not really getting any laughs or people seem annoyed, let it go. Some are more interested in that kind of thing than others.

I have found when drivers are fun, the guests & kids stay quieter so listen or join in. I’d much rather hear a driver than the guests.

One trip back to POP our driver did a music guessing game. Kids loved that.

Another we played movie trivia.

One favorite was a daytime ride when the driver gave us all the facts of what animals lived on property and approx how many. It was very interesting.

PS I’ve rarely had a quiet ride. Kids yelling and screaming seem to be norm. Perhaps music or something could give them pause.

I didn't cast a vote because it depends.
In the morning I prefer silence lol.
In the afternoon I wouldn't mind either way.
At night its kinda nice to have a peppy driver that does trivia and jokes as it makes me feel a bit less tired and grumpy lol.

I HATE the jokey drivers. Like get out at the very next stop HATE that crap. I just want a safe professional driver and I don't want people singing or chanting or whatever on a tiny enclosed bus. It may be why I love the Friendship boats so much, no bs, just a lovely ride. My favorite bus drivers are the ones that load ecvs quick:)

In the real world I don't dig that kind of interaction much but I find that I enjoy it more at Disney. It definitely helps keep the kids engaged and everyone a bit quieter. I can't tell you how many weird convos I've overheard on the bus that I wish I wasn't privy too lol especially when you see the same family over and over and just have those to associate.

I think a few jokes if it’s not too crazy in the bus. Although if people actually quiet down to listen that would be amazing. Just wouldn’t want it on top of screaming kids and everyone jabbering. Those buses get noisy.

I LOVE the interactive bus rides/drivers.

But I agree that at night when the bus is crowded not so much.

I travel on a city bus every day, and like PP Im not really into the chatty jokey drivers. Sorry to be blunt but your job is to drive me from A to B. I just want to get to my destination and most times I really don't want any interaction.

I get that for most Americans travelling by bus at Disney is a novelty and something they don't do in their day to day lives. For them I guess its all part of the Disney experience. but for others like me, its just something we do all the time.

And especially in the mornings, when I haven't been to Starbucks and haven't had my morning coffee I really don't want any interaction. In the evenings, after a long park day, again Im not into interactions, my feet hurt, and I'm tired and I've had over 12 hours of sensory overload, so the peace and quiet of the bus ride back to my hotel is very welcome and helps to get my brain into that unwind mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!