Poll--What do you consider a long wait time?

I feel like a line is long when I've been waiting...

• More than 10 minutes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 20 minutes.

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • More than 30 minutes

Votes: 85 47.8%
  • More than 45 minutes

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • More than an hour.

Votes: 16 9.0%

• Total voters
I typically won't get in a line with a wait time longer than 20 minutes. I may accept 30 minutes for certain rides where it just can't be avoided, like Peter Pan. But I've ridden everything so many times that I don't feel upset if I miss a ride on a trip because the waits were always too long. I've found that standing in lines is what really kills my feet. Walking feels fine, but the shuffling and walking then stopping and standing that you experience in line becomes painful for me after about 20 minutes.

If I'm with other family or friends that are willing to accept longer wait times then I will wait up to 45 minutes if I must. But I would never get in a line that's posted at being an hour or more! I LOVE Space Mountain, but it's not worth a 2 hour wait to me!! I can't think of a single ride that I would wait 2 hours for. I would rather just stroll around the parks eating snacks or people watching during that time.

I can’t handle long lines. I’ve got anxiety issues & am claustrophobic so long lines (especially indoor ones) are not an option. To me anything over half an hour is “long” because that’s usually when I start to hit my breaking point. I am usually fine getting on everything I want between Max Pass, DAS & paying attention to listed wait. If it’s an extra busy day and everything has super long waits we will mostly go see shows, meet characters, watch live musical acts, draw at the animation academy and do other things that have little or no lines.

Reactions: EmJ
We were there about a week after GotG opened. The first day we were in the parks, we got there in the afternoon and all of the FPs for it were, of course, gone. I was looking at the app at one point toward the end of the night and noticed that the wait for GotG was down to 45 minutes, so we decided we just had to give it a try rather than wait till the next day. If we hadn't gone to GotG, we'd have left for the night, anyway, so we weren't missing it out on anything else. But that line was not 45 minutes. It was a solid hour and ten or longer. If we'd known, we wouldn't have gotten in it. Typically, though, we don't wait longer than 20 minutes unless we don't have anything else we want to do.

30 minutes is about my max and thanks to MaxPass it’s even easier to avoid long waits at DL! Actually I can’t even remember the last time I stood in line for 30 minutes or longer.

Since I figured out how to maximize FPs, I just have no patience for lines more than 20 minutes. IMO, there's no reason to. Even on the busiest days, you can have a plan to avoid that nonsense. You have to be willing to get up early and get to the gates early-- that's the only hour-long wait I will do-- but once that's done, if you follow a reasonable plan, you should not ever have to wait more than that, even during Spring break madness.

30 minutes is about my limit. Now if one of my kids wants to wait 60 minutes for GOG or SM, I will. If I am solo, no go past 30, unless there is a special reason like a ride update or a major refurb. My solo days are all about Maxpass and then just wandering the parks for pictures.

An hour is normally something I will try to avoid. This summer we are planning an entire morning to SWGE and I don't plan on buying food. My guess is the line will be huge, not helped by the fact that I will get up and line up for the park early on this day also. Thats a lot of waiting, but I am mentally prepared for it...I think

DD is 6 and DS is almost so waiting over 30 minutes is a no go. Now when we have to rider switch the ride, I prefer to wait even less! Rope drop and Max Pass are life savers. We can clear out most of rides with long wait times relatively quickly and take it easy for the rest of the day.

I agree with Avalon and tarheel. Why wait when you don’t have to. I won’t get in a line that has more than 20 min posted.

I have a hard time answering this question. On the one hand, I know how to use FP/MP, and rarely wait more than 20min. On the other hand, I often quote Jack Reacher who says, “you have to be somewhere.” I’ve been known to wait in a 60 minute standby line because I have to be somewhere before my next FP window opens.

Additionally, PP and Finding Nemo deserve to be ridden once in a while... and those are often 45 minute waits. Pirates is another that I’ll wait 45 minutes for, especially if I’m waiting for Indy or BTMRR FP windows.

Over 60 minutes though... I’m unlikely to get in that line without a really good reason.

I have a hard time answering this question. On the one hand, I know how to use FP/MP, and rarely wait more than 20min. On the other hand, I often quote Jack Reacher who says, “you have to be somewhere.” I’ve been known to wait in a 60 minute standby line because I have to be somewhere before my next FP window opens.

Additionally, PP and Finding Nemo deserve to be ridden once in a while... and those are often 45 minute waits. Pirates is another that I’ll wait 45 minutes for, especially if I’m waiting for Indy or BTMRR FP windows.

Over 60 minutes though... I’m unlikely to get in that line without a really good reason.
I can see this. If I have an hour to kill, though, I'm more likely to take a bathroom break, find a place to sit down, have a snack, and people watch. And I agree with you that PP is maybe the only one I'd do a 45 minute wait for, if I had nothing else to do and I didn't manage to get in the line first thing. I'm thinking we may do that next trip, rather than do the time-wasting PP cattle call at rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!