POLL: What do you think will be the opening day for SWGE - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge?

What do you think will be the opening day for Galaxy's Edge?

• OCT 2019 - Any Saturday in Oct

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • NOV 2 - The Saturday after Halloween

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • NOV 9-23 Any Saturday before Thanksgiving

Votes: 68 26.0%
  • NOV 30 - The Saturday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • DEC 7-21 - Any Saturday in Dec before Xmas

Votes: 82 31.3%
  • JAN 2020 on - I think they will hold off until after Xmas and NYE

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we still don't have an opening date for DL and Iger already spilled the beans that it will be in June, I think it might be closer to 3 months

I also would think the Would want to see how everything is going with the DL one and adjust their schedule for WDW accordingly (as far as previews, etc). Also if the find one area just gets too congested or just bottlenecks maybe they try to adjust that in WDW. Basically I wouldn’t experience etc a WDW opening date announcement until, say, a month or so after DL’s opens - which puts it in the July or August timeframe - which would be 3 months still before an October or November opening

Wondering if it will coincide with the Riviera opening which appears to be Dec 16? “Fall” for Disney is apparently 4 days before winter :rotfl2:...and one day after our planned trip ends :sad:

I expect Star Wars to open in November. I could be wrong but that’s my expectation.

Curious if you think it'll happen around Jersey Week or after? I've been hesitant to book our flights until we know what's going on with SWGE.

Hard to say with any sort of certainty at this time.
Does Disney wait to announce the opening date for certain reasons, or just because they really don't know when it will be ready? It's just frustrating if they already know the date they plan to open it and just don't announce it yet because they want to control when people visit, etc.

Does Disney wait to announce the opening date for certain reasons, or just because they really don't know when it will be ready? It's just frustrating if they already know the date they plan to open it and just don't announce it yet because they want to control when people visit, etc.
It’s far too early to know any exact opening date yet. Too much can go wrong. They obviously have a time frame they want it open in but no exact date. They need to have time for test and adjust.

As much as I want this land to open, I really do hope that it's in November after my late October trip. We've got a full itinerary already in the works and SWGE will just throw a monkey wrench into the plans.

SWGE plan is for our 2020 trip. :-)

As much as I want this land to open, I really do hope that it's in November after my late October trip. We've got a full itinerary already in the works and SWGE will just throw a monkey wrench into the plans.

SWGE plan is for our 2020 trip. :-)
Right now I’m booked for mid November but seriously thinking about switching it to the last week in October in hopes of avoiding it being open. Really not sure what to do as I know October is no picnic crowd wise either.

Right now I’m booked for mid November but seriously thinking about switching it to the last week in October in hopes of avoiding it being open. Really not sure what to do as I know October is no picnic crowd wise either.

So true! Luckily late October is our regular jam so we are good at that planning, zigging and zagging. :-)

My friend is a travel agent, and based on her info of blackout dates and whatnot, we're going with soft opening for annual pass holders mid-October and hard opening the second week of November.

I voted for November. I think that it will have to already be in place to hype GE at the Christmas Parade and to help sell toys for Christmas. Plus, I think it would be foolish to not have a good few weeks behind them before they hit the jam packed Christmas season. Remember when FOP went down all the time shortly after opening. They need time to shake the bugs out before getting slammed with 15 hour days.

My friend is a travel agent, and based on her info of blackout dates and whatnot, we're going with soft opening for annual pass holders mid-October and hard opening the second week of November.

I'm thinking that will turn out to be fairly accurate. Of course construction delays or problems could ch age things.

Too early to say anything about any previews really. Previews could be cancelled altogether like they were with TSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter