Votes: 59 17.0%
  • Rescheduled due to Covid/closures

Votes: 75 21.6%
  • Already planned at this time

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Other

Votes: 96 27.6%

• Total voters
We booked this Christmas week trip in January (DVC). We had to cancel our trip last August (rescheduled from July) because the Governors of the north got into a hissing match with the governor of Florida about quarantines. That trip is now rescheduled for next summer.

I read that Gov. Newsom was going to send a group to Disney World to check out how things are doing there. It may be that he would be willing to reopen the theme parks once he sees how Disney World has taken every precaution. He has gotten a lot of grief for keeping them shut down. I think its a little overkill. I mean Nancy didn't wear a mask when she was bamboozled by a hair dresser and tricked into getting her hair did. She didn't get sick 🤣

Why is a group needed, masks, temperature checks, hand washing stations - open DLR!

We're going because we just need a mental break and a change of scenery. Last week marked a year from when my mom passed away and I've been going through a rough time for weeks. I already have a mental illness so any stressors are tough for me. Today I got an e-mail about these last minute deals on renting DVC points, made an offhanded comment to my husband about it, and he encouraged me to rent points so I did! We leave on October 24 for 6 nights in a Poly DVC studio for $220 a night. Even with everything going on that was too good of a deal to pass up. We're only planning 2 Park days, will spend the rest of the time relaxing at the resort and my girls will do some of their virtual learning. This is the first trip for my husband and girls so I figured it would be good to go since they have nothing to compare it to. We plan to be in masks, carry hand sanitizer, socially distance everywhere and be as careful as possible. I am actually happy about not having FP and dining plans because it means I can take a last minute trip and not stress, not overplan like I normally would. My plan is to go again next June or December for a "real" trip, so I'm perfectly fine if we get very little done this time. I still can't believe we're finally going after all these years of changing plans, but I have very low expectations for this trip! And I'm cool with that.

We book a trip before major life changes like starting a a school, new job, or a big family move. The logic is 'we're not going to be able to get to Disney for a year+, so we'll go now before things get crazy'. If we don't go in the next few months our next chance isn't until 2022. Having said that, we go back and forth about if it's worth every day.

We're going because we just need a mental break and a change of scenery. Last week marked a year from when my mom passed away and I've been going through a rough time for weeks. I already have a mental illness so any stressors are tough for me. Today I got an e-mail about these last minute deals on renting DVC points, made an offhanded comment to my husband about it, and he encouraged me to rent points so I did! We leave on October 24 for 6 nights in a Poly DVC studio for $220 a night. Even with everything going on that was too good of a deal to pass up. We're only planning 2 Park days, will spend the rest of the time relaxing at the resort and my girls will do some of their virtual learning. This is the first trip for my husband and girls so I figured it would be good to go since they have nothing to compare it to. We plan to be in masks, carry hand sanitizer, socially distance everywhere and be as careful as possible. I am actually happy about not having FP and dining plans because it means I can take a last minute trip and not stress, not overplan like I normally would. My plan is to go again next June or December for a "real" trip, so I'm perfectly fine if we get very little done this time. I still can't believe we're finally going after all these years of changing plans, but I have very low expectations for this trip! And I'm cool with that.

Definitely do things for yourself right now. We all need a little extra TLC for ourselves. This stuff can be so hard and isolating. I hope you have a great trip!

We just came back 10
days ago and yeah it was trip planned back in January. We upgraded our plane tickets to 1st class for next to nothing and the shorter wait times closed the decision to still go. That being said I was disappointed in our food options. It’s the one part of our vacation I really felt I missed out on.

I just decided to go in November with my youngest ds (4). It’s been an extremely hard few months and I need to get out of my house. I’m leaving dh and two older ds at home for school reasons but also for my sanity. I’m looking forward to some time with just one kiddo and he’s at a great age to not know what we’re missing. We’ll just do whatever he wants and take our time. I’m so excited to not have to plan meals and fastpasses and be on a schedule.

YES!!! I LOVE this!! While I get in the spirit of planning for these trips, it is really nice just to go and enjoy... be laid back and enjoy what we can. Doesn't have to be a do-all trip for us... just a no time-table experience... and just me and two of my littles are going, so even more laid back!

Maybe in 2022 or 2023
Used some of our WDW money for a few house improvements
so we need to save some more $$'s for our next wdw vacation - even though we have a wonderful rate at the Dolphin for 2021

I'm just curious why people are coming now, well September, and up through December of this year. We went in July and will be going in November. Both trips were already planned and have non-refundable DVC rentals. I don't want this to get political. So, stick to an answer in the poll.
We are going just to get away for a week. We had planned over a year ago to hit the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. As crazy as things have been, DW and I are looking forward to having some time to enjoy Disney (even with the COVID protocols) and not have to think about work or all the other crap going on at this time. Disney is always our escape from reality, and I don't plan to change that now.

We just got back two weeks ago from our trip that had been rescheduled from March. We were literally packing and getting ready to leave in the morning for our daughter's 13th birthday trip when Disney World announced the closure. We had a nice time - it was hot, raining when it wasn't hot, more crowded than we expected - but still had a nice time. It was nice to be out of the house for the first time all year.

We are now about to book a return trip in Mid December for my 50th birthday because NOTHING ELSE IS OPEN. We had a cruise booked - cancelled. We booked a beach house in California for the week instead and just had to to cancel that as well for various reasons. I'm not sitting home and doing nothing on my 50th birthday so Disney World here we come.

I voted 'other'. We had absolutely no plans to do WDW this year and instead wanted to save our money to plan a very big trip for the 50th in 2021. Ultimately, we decided to go down last week for 5 days for 2 reasons: JetBlue had $25 tickets to MCO from NYC, and we really needed to get away after the last 7 months. My wife especially, this whole thing has been really mentally taxing with myself and our daughter suddenly home every day, working and going to school here.

We'll scale down our plans for next year with the money we spent on this trip, but it was worth it.

Went first week of August. Had nine days scheduled at end of September booked in the spring. Cancelled that after August trip and no Halloween parties & HHN . When AP discount extended to late December book a week at end of October for the cooler temperatures compared to August.

Well, if you don't, then someone may think you are not living your life to the fullest...

Plus, I walk down the stairs in my house everyday, and I am notoriously klutzy.
carrying scissors? Lol. If you said you posted regularly on the scary Community Board I’d be really impressed :duck:JK. This has morphed into an interesting thread, microcosm of how folks feel about the pandemic.

We’ve done our best to follow the science & our state’s dictates. Live in the north in a state that had various recommended but not mandated travel advisories. Used our common sense & comfort level to make decisions re travel once the skies cleared in our area in May.

Had some friends not leave the house except to go to dr appointments until recently. others broke the suggested crowd size protocols from the get-go. As long as things are left up to the individual, everything is subject to interpretation as to advisories. Not necessarily a good thing in this instance.

We have rarely eaten “in” restaurants. Then, mostly when traveling. I have no issue with entering stores etc. but do visit during off hours & follow safety protocols. My thought if it’s outside and we can distance, I’m good with it.

There was a recent feature on ABC nightly news re a collaboration between the miitary & airlines that studied air flow patterns. Somewhat reassuring as to particle flow, which would be better if people would not roam the plane as much!

When are we planning to come? We’ve already come & conquered :)

APs are clutched firmly in hand to all the major Orlando parks & multiple DVC holdings. I cancelled a DVC booking for fall trip, banked the points & rebooked via cash onsite. JIK there would be a spike or actual travel restrictions from my state pop up.

rarely do I have any substantial amount of banked points in my account to use. Many DVC people will be in the same position next year, vying for reservations, attempting to use their soon to be loaded contracts. I’m seeing an uptick already for dates I’m checking.

We are 50-50 retired. Holed up the best we could when everything first went south, that didn’t last long. Not by design. We were drafted to watch school age GD as both her parents were essential workers (health & same national security related job as my mr was suddenly deemed).

he didn’t have one day off work other than accrued vacation time that he relies upon to clear his head from a stressful job working mandatory long hours. That said, it’s terrifying times for those out of work. Makes me feel guilty to complain about vacations when so many are suffering but there are like minded people here who get it.

We have canceled multiple trips since mid march (cruises & DVC stays). We did travel by plane the end of May to Myrtle Beach & again in early September, taking all the recommended precautions.

Not long back home from MCO for fall trip to U/SW/WDW. we are over the 14 day mark that’s bandied about for quarantine from ‘hot spots’, thankfully, no issues. confirmed via my 1st, but unrelated, covid test btw.

Plan to eek out one more trip back “home” the end of Nov into Dec for our annual “xmas trip”. I’m a bit nervous re a lot of our points being on the line there as we are fast approaching final cancellation period.

Hope I’m dreadfully wrong, but think it’s going to be long, hard winter and plan on hunkering down the best we can to ride it out after that. Sadly, cancelled the big, extended family Thanksgiving, Xmas & NYE I host. Weather too inclement to hold anything outdoors. Just too many young kids in the family that attend day care, having far too many multiple contacts for my comfort level.

So, after Xmas, nothing for us on the books until 4th of July trip to WDW. First time in ages planning on letting our WDW AP expire. If they don’t start reselling new ones before mine expires in February, may renew. With no trips booked for 7 months, the numbers aren’t exactly looking right

We had a June trip planned. We pushed it until Aug., but we still didn't feel comfortable flying (in hindsight I wish we had just gone then). We then pushed the trip until September and then until October. We are DVC members, and we have points that we have to use by the end of Jan. We are just going to do it.

We already had this trip planned since last year. However, it morphed to slightly something else because I graduated in summer with a Master's degree. No one really made a big deal of it but my fiancé does and is adamant this trip is now to celebrate that.

That being said I was disappointed in our food options. It’s the one part of our vacation I really felt I missed out on.
May I ask why it was disappointing? We originally had our trip planned with a QS Dining Plan but still really enjoy the food (we are so bummed that afternoon tea experiences are cancelled)

I have a new answer about why I’m coming to WDW next week: this happened in MN and it’s too darn early for this to be the view out my window!!
View attachment 533707
I love the snow! Just not in October. I spun out driving twice that day.

We usually plan to travel to Disney during my son's Fall Break in Oct. This year though, we realized Hollywood Studios was booked up that entire week. Since my son is doing school virtually, we are now able to travel down anytime we want! So we picked another week in the fall that wasn't so booked up at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!