Poll will the CDC lift the no sail order OCT 31

CDC will extend the No sail order

• Yes

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that I realized that Florida is Trumps new home state, I can’t believe the ban will continue.
As to weather Disney will sail...that is a different matter all together. I’m going to say Disney will not announce a sail date until after the election is finalized. The last possible date to finalize the election is January 6th by the Supreme Court.

Again not saying any of this is logical or safe, just saying that in America right now, the question of whether to open up more is not really being tied to virus statistics in any coherent way.
That about sums it up. Opening up is not at all related to statistics in the US.

Carnival just cleared a legal hurdle to ensure it can sail December 1 (related to its past environmental violations). Crew members have left home countries on their way to St. Martin to begin working for Carnival again. It is certainly betting real money on the fact that the CDC will let it cruise again by then. I don't anticipate the ban will be extended.

The one wrench I could see happening is if Biden wins and says he will reinstate the ban as soon as he is in office. If that happens, cruise lines will not want to start up to be shut down again early next year. Beyond that, I am expecting some lines to be sailing this year, and many sailing early next year.

The thing with Biden being in office I’m 100% sure that the cruise lines are speaking with the Biden team and asking them what they would do there not going to say anything until a few days after the election

Yeah things are pretty bad over here, but who is doing worse... time will tell who has 'won' (or lost, matter of perspective).

I wouldnt count on European cruises anytime soon.
We have the 10 night northern europe cruise booked for August 2021 and will put a deposit down on a 2022 cruise as soon as they are released. At this point in time, I'm giving a 30% chance of us actually sailing in europe in 2021.

I guess the cdc sees the writing on the wall for the election. Open everything up!
Or maybe not. The way the order is written if a cruise line applied today, with the 60 day advance notice the earliest test cruises could happen would be January. Cruises with passengers could happen an unknown time after that IF the test cruises go well. After January 20, 2021 when we could have a different President who is not as "Re-open" friendly as the incumbent. Not a political statement, just a statement of facts.

Or maybe not. The way the order is written if a cruise line applied today, with the 60 day advance notice the earliest test cruises could happen would be January. Cruises with passengers could happen an unknown time after that IF the test cruises go well. After January 20, 2021 when we could have a different President who is not as "Re-open" friendly as the incumbent. Not a political statement, just a statement of facts.

Nah, there’s no reason for anything to be closed at this point, no reason not to sail. The CDC stats show that death rates are lower for Covid than the flu.

Nah, there’s no reason for anything to be closed at this point, no reason not to sail. The CDC stats show that death rates are lower for Covid than the flu.
Well, apparently the rest of the world has a different opinion given the domino effect of shutdowns in the past week.

I'll bite (even though I suspect you are just trolling us). Even accepting that premise for the sake of argument, we have a vaccine for the flu to protect the vulnerable, which helps to explain why Covid-19 deaths are more than ten times higher than the CDC's estimate for flu deaths in 2019-2020 https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html.

Will it make a difference at this point anyway? It looks like both NCL and Royal have canceled all of their December sailings today. DCL is unlikely to not follow the industry leaders IMHO.

Last edited:
Does it matter? It looks like both NCL and Royal have canceled all of their December sailings today.

Which means DCL is probably not far behind. With the requirements the CDC has in place, it was going to be January at the earliest before anyone started sailing out of the US again. Assuming the requirements are per vessel, and not line, DCL is best positioned to get their whole fleet moving since they have only 4 ships. It will still take time.

Which means DCL is probably not far behind. With the requirements the CDC has in place, it was going to be January at the earliest before anyone started sailing out of the US again. Assuming the requirements are per vessel, and not line, DCL is best positioned to get their whole fleet moving since they have only 4 ships. It will still take time.

Yes that's what I was trying to say (I edited my post while you were typing I think). Disney tends to be conservative with their plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!