Poly-is it possible to request a room in main building?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ChicagoJ, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

im not a fan of paying that much money to then have to walk outside to get to the lobby and restaurants. If our trip is in April, when could we make the request?

Summer2018 likes this.
  2. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

There are no guest rooms in the main building at the Poly. But there are a few buildings where the walk outside to get to the lobby, would be minimal. You could make your request now by calling it in to Disney or your TA - whoever you made the reservation through.

galaxygirl76, Micca, LilyWDW and 3 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

Ok thanks! Are there interior halls in the longhouses or are they like motels?

Summer2018 likes this.
  5. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

interior corridors

Summer2018 and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  6. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

You should google Tikiman Polynesian Resort there are lots of pics and info, plus on the resorts thread there is a big thread dedicated to the Poly, you should check it out.

7. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

You seriously would not want a room in the GCH. It is loud and constantly crowded.

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

As others have said, your request doesn’t exist but you could definitely request a longhouse close to GCH. :goodvibes

DaisyDuck001 and Summer2018 like this.
  9. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Rarotonga would be the closest longhouse to GCH.

Summer2018 likes this.
  10. Summer2018

Summer2018 DIS Veteran

Which standard longhouse is closest to GCH & the ferryboat launch?

11. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

12. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

I spit water out reading this one... smart alec..lol

13. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

If by Ferryboat Launch you mean the one at the TTC (and not the Resort Launch), then Rarotonga, followed by Niue.

14. _auroraborealis_

Aoatearoa is also convenient.

15. _auroraborealis_

I was actually 100% serious. The traffic in and through that building would make it wildly unattractive as a place to sleep. The luggage trucks and ME out front all night, the sounds from the Tiki Terrace, the crowds mulling around waiting for 'Ohana...

16. Amelia :)

Amelia :) DIS Veteran

Agreed it was the busiest lobby I’ve visited at WDW, especially in the evenings.

dansdad likes this.
  17. _auroraborealis_

"We were just wandering around while waiting for our pager to go off" would be the inevitable explanation for the people drinking in your hallway, honestly.

bluejasmine, dansdad and Summer2018 like this.
  18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Rarotonga is closest to GCH. Have a look at Resort map to get an idea of resort layout. There’s a side door off lobby that is only 2 steps from that longhouse. The resort ferry dock is on the other side of the marina. As someone posted Aoatearoa is on the other side of the GCH so closer to ferry, but further away from the pools.

Summer2018 likes this.
  19. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

This is my daughter's favorite longhouse.

LOL!!!!

OP- I also suggest you go to Tikiman's site and poke around. The Poly is kind of spread out, and while one longhouse may be convenient to one location, it is a distance from another, imo. My favorite was Tokelau, but it is now DVC. My daughter thought that her last stay at Aoatearoa had a wonderful location and atmosphere, and all of the concerns she had regarding noise from the monorail were baseless.

I know that proximity to the GCH seems like a huge convenience, but there is a lot to be said for being a bit removed from all that hustle and bustle. This is one busy resort!

20. HappyMomma

HappyMomma I'd rather be walking down Main Street, USA.

We loved the location and views from Aoatearoa with one caveat, with the bar being there now it's annoying to try to get down that hallway to your building with the loud somewhat drunk bunch waiting to get in packed in that hallway and hanging out outside. It's disturbing late at night coming back to your room with sleeply littles with all that loudness and yes, some cursing. Maybe it was because it was somewhat new last time we went and they've figured out how to corral the masses now but it was very unpleasant on our last trip. Big turn off. So if it hasn't changed you'll want a different longhouse. I wish with all my heart they would have constructed a stand alone building on property for that place.

21. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

YIKES!

Hopefully likes this.