Poly or Saratoga Springs?

Sheriset

Earning My Ears
Which would you recommend for a couple nights for a 5 year anniversary trip: the poly or Saratoga Springs and why? We're thinking of doing a split stay for the majority of the week at a less expensive resort and a couple nights at a nicer resort for our actual anniversary.

poly

it's a deluxe resort....SSR isn't really deluxe...it's just DVC....

also, the poly is on the monorail..

poly

it's a deluxe resort....SSR isn't really deluxe...it's just DVC....

also, the poly is on the monorail..
Never stayed at the Poly, but I have stayed at SSR and AKL. No question, the Poly is nicer. SSR is OK, but not all that nice IMHO. For us, we stayed there since we could rent DVC points and needed a 2br to have with my parents and kids. Functionally, it worked well for us.
Some people like it, however, I probably would look to stay somewhere else for more theming and something "nicer". I didn't find it special by any means.

I've not stayed at the Poly, but personally, I loved SSR so much that when DH and I came home last year, we decided to buy DVC at SSR. It is so quiet and peaceful. And the proximity to DS is amazing.

I've enjoyed stays at both resorts - they're both really nice. But Poly has better theming and it's location on the monorail - with easy access to MK and Epcot - is the best location of all the resorts in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at SSR to save money, but otherwise definitely Poly.

Which would you recommend for a couple nights for a 5 year anniversary trip: the poly or Saratoga Springs and why? We're thinking of doing a split stay for the majority of the week at a less expensive resort and a couple nights at a nicer resort for our actual anniversary.
stayed at both. in fact SSR is my home resort (dvc member). i think poly is more fun. monorail is right there for transportation or just to take a ride around. nice grounds, two of our fav restaurants, kona & ohana. you can rent boats. and besides monorail you can take a boat to mk though it does stop at GF too.
SSR does have proximity to springs. not a fan of its restaurant, turf club. buses have several stops within resort before leaving for park. but nice to walk around

poly for sure

SSRpreferred ( congress park request ) you just can't beat being able to walk over to Disney Springs

My choice would be the Poly. Have never stayed at SSR, but love everything about the Poly. The tropical grounds are beautiful/relaxing, the pools are nice, and Captain Cooks is great for a quick meal/snack. Also, since it's on the monorail, it's convenient to MK, as well as the CR & GF for a variety of great dining options. Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

Just back from 2 weeks at SSR. Had Congress Park and a wonderful view of Disney Springs. For us being able to walk to Disney Springs is a wonderful plus. Bus stop is close as is a quiet pool and spa. Not as fancy as Poly but we are more into carnations than roses so it works for us.

Not a fan of either resort but I would choose Poly over SSR primarily for the proximity to the other resorts and MK.

Just back from 2 weeks at SSR. Had Congress Park and a wonderful view of Disney Springs. For us being able to walk to Disney Springs is a wonderful plus. Bus stop is close as is a quiet pool and spa. Not as fancy as Poly but we are more into carnations than roses so it works for us.

This was exactly our experience. We spent 2 weeks there in 2016 (some of it was during Hurricane Matthew) and we loved it. The quiet pool was fantastic and most days we had it completely to ourselves!

SSR anyday .. I got engaged at poly so I have a certain attachment but even with that it is so dated and corny these days I just would prefer the quiet SSR with close walks to DS ...

We enjoyed our stay at the Poly, but the lobby was bustling and the pool was crowded (more crowded than any other resort pool we've used at the same time of year). It's a nice resort but not worth the price premium over most of the other deluxe resorts imo. If I wanted an expensive monorail resort for a special occasion, I'd choose the Grand Floridian.

I've never stayed at SSR. Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most affordable deluxes if you get a standard room (some of these, on the Kudu trail, even have animal views). It's relaxing & beautiful & wins over the overpriced Poly in a heartbeat imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter