Poly or Saratoga Springs?

I have stayed at both resorts in past years. I like the atmosphere, décor and restaurants at the Poly and it is on the monorail system, which is a big plus. The Saratoga Springs Resort was more like a giant condo complex, nothing special. The biggest advantage is the proximity to Disney Springs and all of it's restaurants, entertainment and shopping venues.

I would choose the Polynesian if it fits your budget. Congratulations on your anniversary!!!!!

SSR anyday .. I got engaged at poly so I have a certain attachment but even with that it is so dated and corny these days I just would prefer the quiet SSR with close walks to DS ...
I have to agree with this. I liked the Poly, but I did find it dated—low ceilings, musty, mildew smell. Pool was lovely, as were the restaurants. Monorail broke down at MK close. Had to take a cab home that night. Others reported two hour travel times.

SSR seems fresher. Great pools. Being near DS is nice. Onsite restaurant isn’t as great, but with DS that isn’t an issue.

I’ve not stayed at SSR, but have walked through it. It’s VERY nice. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there. If you like to spend time at Disney Springs, then SSR would be a good choice.

Have stayed at the Poly, and loved it. It’s gorgeous. Mousekeeping was great. Location is so nice for access to MK and Epcot. M

I have stayed at both and for me SSR wins. The Poly is nice but its so noisy and overrun with people everywhere. The lobby in particular is noisy and crowded all day and night. The monorail is fine and dandy but its public transportation and when it breaks down its a nightmare.

SSR is very quiet and peaceful. Its a wonderful place to walk and relax. There are dining options galore at Disney Springs.

Everyone is different but for me I like the fact that its more understated. I like the fact that I can walk around at pretty much anytime of day or night and feel relaxed and away from it all. One of my favorite Disney memories was when DH and I sat in the rocking chairs just off the Congress Park pool area enjoying a glass of wine while we looked across the river at the lights of Disney Springs. SSR has several great pools. The quiet pool at Congress Park is my personal favorite.

I also love a studio for couple's. Queen sized bed and a small sofa.

Last edited:
We enjoyed our stay at the Poly, but the lobby was bustling and the pool was crowded (more crowded than any other resort pool we've used at the same time of year). It's a nice resort but not worth the price premium over most of the other deluxe resorts imo. If I wanted an expensive monorail resort for a special occasion, I'd choose the Grand Floridian.

I've never stayed at SSR. Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most affordable deluxes if you get a standard room (some of these, on the Kudu trail, even have animal views). It's relaxing & beautiful & wins over the overpriced Poly in a heartbeat imo.

Im confused. Wasn't the question Poly or SSR? I was hoping to get info on SSR vs Poly. My home resort is Poly, was going to stay at the AK but had a last min change with addition to party and now stuck at SSR.

Can someone tell me about SSR?

Im confused. Wasn't the question Poly or SSR? I was hoping to get info on SSR vs Poly. My home resort is Poly, was going to stay at the AK but had a last min change with addition to party and now stuck at SSR.

Can someone tell me about SSR?
Head over to the DVC board there is an SSR thread. And don't look at it as being "stuck" its a beautiful resort with lots to offer.

Anyone who tells you Saratoga Springs is better than the Poly cannot be in touch with reality. I'm sorry- maybe from their very subjective point of view it is better but that's like asking "would you rather drive a 2018 mercedes benz E class or a ford focus this weekend?" - Some people might not like foreign cars or something, but most people would realize one vehicle is objectively better than the other.

Anyone who tells you Saratoga Springs is better than the Poly cannot be in touch with reality. I'm sorry- maybe from their very subjective point of view it is better but that's like asking "would you rather drive a 2018 mercedes benz E class or a ford focus this weekend?" - Some people might not like foreign cars or something, but most people would realize one vehicle is objectively better than the other.
Lol my reality is based on staying at both. Comments like these crack me up.

Both resorts have their pros. When I am at Disney, I am just happy being there! However, I would pick Poly if I had the option between the two. Beautiful resort, great transportation options and the views are amazing!

PS--If you look at my signature...you can see I am a Poly lover!

The Poly has my heart! It’s beautiful. The monorail and boats are lovely. The dining options are excellent. I’ve visited SSR, but never stayed there. It’s huge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!