Poly or WL with infant

I would definitely pick a WL (CC or BRV) 1Br over a Poly studio with a little one - kitchen/washer and dryer/separate room for sleeping.

Yeah, the laundry and separate rooms for napping are calling to me. Though my husband's not a big WDW fan, so it's harder for me to sell the upgrade to a 1BR (whereas a DVC studio is more in line with rack rates at a moderate resort). We went to a DVC pitch on our last trip and, to my great surprise, he flat-out hated AKL. And we love Coronado Springs so, if I'm going to entice him into go Deluxe in the future, I've really got to get this right the first time!
i would be watching the reopening monorail reports as everyone has said you used to be able to roll on but no one knows how it is going to be now with the new social distancing guidelines and if they have put plastic up to separate people

I think all the pros and cons of each have been pointed out above, I would probably lean towards the Poly for the monorail.
What time of the year are you thinking? If Nov/Dec I would then choose WL hands down for the ambiance :)
i would be watching the reopening monorail reports as everyone has said you used to be able to roll on but no one knows how it is going to be now with the new social distancing guidelines and if they have put plastic up to separate people

We'd be going early next summer, probably mid-May or just after Memorial Day. So I hope (maybe foolishly) that the need for guidelines will have relaxed from what they are now.

We stayed at WL when our daughter was just shy of 2 years. We really enjoyed it there and had a great time. We liked how compact the resort seemed - everything was easy to walk to. The pool was nice and she loved the little splash pad area with the kiddie slides. The boat to MK was really nice. We had a good time there. Were supposed to be there today again 😭😭😭

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I stayed on the monorail line with a stroller and it's very easy and convenient. I have stayed at CCV, but not with a stroller. I think I would rank a 1 bd at CCV as my first choice, a studio at poly as my 2nd and studio at CCV as my 3rd.
I love CCV. It is quiet and relaxing, centrally located, attached to the main building and has a nice splash pad. I found poly louder and the splash pad got too crazy to use with a really young child, but it was nice to walk to the transportation and ticket center to catch the monorail to Epcot! My only issue with a CCV studio is that they're small.

Yeah, the laundry and separate rooms for napping are calling to me. Though my husband's not a big WDW fan, so it's harder for me to sell the upgrade to a 1BR (whereas a DVC studio is more in line with rack rates at a moderate resort). We went to a DVC pitch on our last trip and, to my great surprise, he flat-out hated AKL. And we love Coronado Springs so, if I'm going to entice him into go Deluxe in the future, I've really got to get this right the first time!

Poly studios are large and have two bathrooms. I’ve heard of some families putting their crib in the second bathroom for a makeshift separate room. I haven’t done it myself, but maybe that work work instead of getting the 2-BR! Your husband might like having access to both Poly and GF amenities within walking distance. If he didn’t like AKL, he might not like WL... depends why he didn’t like it, but the hotels have a similar feel in some ways.

Poly studios are large and have two bathrooms. I’ve heard of some families putting their crib in the second bathroom for a makeshift separate room. I haven’t done it myself, but maybe that work work instead of getting the 2-BR! Your husband might like having access to both Poly and GF amenities within walking distance. If he didn’t like AKL, he might not like WL... depends why he didn’t like it, but the hotels have a similar feel in some ways.

WOW that's such a smart use of the second bathroom! That sounds perfect for us, actually! I don't think I could persuade him to go for a 1BR at CCV just yet, so that's a great way to make use of the special Studio setup at Poly. Thanks!

My husband's well-traveled and is critical (to a fault) of anything that claims to represent the style of another place. (I won't even let him come with me to Olive Garden anymore -- it's the Olive Garden, is it worth correcting the waiters' pronunciation??). So he was highly critical of AKL, and also just thought the sample suite at Kidani was tired looking. I think WL is safe because it's an American style and does a good job of providing context with the lobby artifacts. Whereas the Poly owns its kitsch factor and doesn't necessarily claim to be authentic, so it's also safe for PC enjoyment in his book.

I would stay at the Poly. The room is big as two bathroom. The DVC buildings are not that far from monorail. You can do laundry for free when staying in a DVC room. You but the baby to bed and watch the fireworks from the balcony.

We'd be going early next summer, probably mid-May or just after Memorial Day. So I hope (maybe foolishly) that the need for guidelines will have relaxed from what they are now.
Not foolishly at all, and I’m not being sarcastic. I think the rest of 2020 is iffy for sure but if we still have all the same issues and restrictions nearly a year from now... we will have a whole different problem. Disney world might as well close forever. I’m an optimist I know but I what else do we have?
I refuse to think we are doomed for good. Keep thinking positive, you are bringing a child into this world and I would also refuse to give up hope. Things will improve. Some changes will be pernament or around for a long time such as sanitizer, more frequent cleaning etc. Maybe temps checking.
At some point families will have to make their own decision about the risks out there.

I've stayed at both resorts with little ones (a studio at Poly and a 1 bedroom at BRV at WL.) I would go with the Poly for sure in your situation. Monorail and boat access to MK, plus the walk to the TTC to hop straight on the Epcot monorail can't be beat. You can roll the stroller directly onto most of the WL boats, however the transportation to the other 3 parks was frustrating. And yes, you'll still have to deal with busses to HS and AK from Poly, but I think the monorail for Epcot is still a huge plus. Also I set up the pack n' play in the 2nd bathroom at Poly and it fit fine - just need to be aware that there was no vent for the AC in that bathroom so you'll have to leave the door cracked open if you don't want it to get too warm or stuffy in there. (I ended up moving it to the main bathroom, which was less than ideal when someone needed to use the toilet and the baby wasn't awake yet!)

Getting ready to welcome our first child, so I'm of course at work planning their first trip(s). I'm planning to rent DVC points next year at either the Polynesian or Copper Creek. We haven't stayed at either before, and traveling with a stroller and diaper bag (not to mention the baby!) will be new to me. I've heard before that the monorail isn't as convenient as one might think with a stroller, and that the Wilderness Lodge boats are actually easier/quicker/less crowded in that regard.

I'm eager to hear of your experiences with both. You've all been so helpful and welcoming in the past, and I have a feeling I'll be relying on you a lot more as I enter this brave new world of trip planning :-)
If things are back to "normal" I'd choose Poly so you can utilize monorail to MK and Epcot. - You can roll the stroller right on with all the junk. Sometimes on ferries you have to take everything out and collapse the stroller etc. I know it for seem like a deal breaker, but for us it was. Just so much easier to not have to.

We are staying at Poly studio in a week. We’ve always stayed deluxe, never DVC. We are bringing 16 month old gs and we are planning on putting the portacrib in second bathroom so he won’t be disturbed and we won’t be laying there in total darkness with no tv!

I would rent a 1 bedroom at copper creek. The washer/dryer and dishwasher were lifesavers when we took our baby!
Bay lake is an easy stroll, you wouldn't need to take any transportation.
Copper Creek would be excellent if you are planning on a 1 bedroom, for studios you would not be able to get unless you are very, very lucky.
Poly is excellent but they only have studios if you are looking for 1 bedrooms.

The CCV studio is compact so based on room alone I would go with Poly. Plenty of room for baby to sleep away from parents and park the stroller in a Poly room. As for the boat, only certain boats are allowed to keep the stroller unfolded and we never get that boat. It also has to be a low crowd level. Boats are peaceful rides (my favorite actually) but take much longer than the monorail. I’ve never been asked to fold my stroller on the monorail either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter