Poly over the 4th of July

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Is there any benefit to staying at the Polynesian resort over the 4th of July holiday? I'm thinking with transportation, is staying at the Poly a perk?

I know that if you stay at the Contemporary you can walk to and from MK, which is awesome. But the main rooms are already sold out in the wing, all that is left is a deluxe room, and I'm not sure I like the look of those. If we were to stay at the Poly instead, how is the transportation? Do they run a bunch of the boat launches, or would we be stuck waiting a long while?

Is there any benefit to staying at the Polynesian resort over the 4th of July holiday? I'm thinking with transportation, is staying at the Poly a perk?

I know that if you stay at the Contemporary you can walk to and from MK, which is awesome. But the main rooms are already sold out in the wing, all that is left is a deluxe room, and I'm not sure I like the look of those. If we were to stay at the Poly instead, how is the transportation? Do they run a bunch of the boat launches, or would we be stuck waiting a long while?

Calling our local "Poly over the 4th of July" expert, @GADisneyDad14 for assistance.

We've done Poly the last two 7/4's. Poly is our favorite overall resort so maybe I'm biased, but I think it's a great resort for 7/4. With the 360 degree special MK fireworks show and the (for the most part) head-on viewing direction of the Poly, it's a great spot.

Granted, it is a busy day around the resort (as is the entire WDW property), so it's not all candy canes and lollipops... but the locational advantages of places like Poly really shine on mega busy days as you have multiple transportation options (monorail, boat, walk to TTC, etc) or can just stay put. I'll caveat that exact resort operations can change year-to-year, but they generally keep the beach reserved for Poly guests, which is very nice to just be able to hang around the resort and not worry/stress about a spot.

The last two years they put one of the bigger friendship-style boats in rotation on 7/4 which can absorb a lot of people, but you can still see some pretty hefty boat and monorail lines, especially in the dinner/evening time.

Happy to answer any questions.

We are also going t
We've done Poly the last two 7/4's. Poly is our favorite overall resort so maybe I'm biased, but I think it's a great resort for 7/4. With the 360 degree special MK fireworks show and the (for the most part) head-on viewing direction of the Poly, it's a great spot.

Granted, it is a busy day around the resort (as is the entire WDW property), so it's not all candy canes and lollipops... but the locational advantages of places like Poly really shine on mega busy days as you have multiple transportation options (monorail, boat, walk to TTC, etc) or can just stay put. I'll caveat that exact resort operations can change year-to-year, but they generally keep the beach reserved for Poly guests, which is very nice to just be able to hang around the resort and not worry/stress about a spot.

The last two years they put one of the bigger friendship-style boats in rotation on 7/4 which can absorb a lot of people, but you can still see some pretty hefty boat and monorail lines, especially in the dinner/evening time.

Happy to answer any questions.

We are also going to be staying at poly over the fourth of july for the first time. I havent been to Disney in july in a very long time. Did you get to stay with any special offers the last two fourth of July trips? Really hoping some kind of discount comes out. Thanks for your help!

We are also going t

We are also going to be staying at poly over the fourth of july for the first time. I havent been to Disney in july in a very long time. Did you get to stay with any special offers the last two fourth of July trips? Really hoping some kind of discount comes out. Thanks for your help!

Well, the good thing is that Poly (and all resort) summer rates are among the lowest rack rates of the year. The bad thing is that Poly discounts this past year have (to me) seemed pretty darn tough to find. They are available over 7/4, just have to pay attention around when summer discounts are likely to be released and act quickly. Obviously all highly variable on your dates and room view type.

FWIW, the Incredible Summer room only offer that covered 7/4 this year at Poly was 15%. Better than nothing but not exactly a screaming deal either. That promotion was released 3/21 if I’m not mistaken.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Well, the good thing is that Poly (and all resort) summer rates are among the lowest rack rates of the year. The bad thing is that Poly discounts this past year have (to me) seemed pretty darn tough to find. They are available over 7/4, just have to pay attention around when summer discounts are likely to be released and act quickly. Obviously all highly variable on your dates and room view type.

FWIW, the Incredible Summer room only offer that covered 7/4 this year at Poly was 15%. Better than nothing but not exactly a screaming deal either. That promotion was released 3/21 if I’m not mistaken.

Thank you for your reply! Another question i have is when you stay do you stay in studio villa or regular room and why? It will be myself my husband mother in law and our 3 yr old sharing a room. Thanks again

We are also going t

GADisneyDad14 covered it all, but I just wanted to add if you happen to be at Disney anytime soon, you can book the Poly for over July 4 for 30% off (the bounceback offer). I jumped on that offer because I knew Poly wasn't getting a very steep discount lately.

Thank you for your reply! Another question i have is when you stay do you stay in studio villa or regular room and why? It will be myself my husband mother in law and our 3 yr old sharing a room. Thanks again

We're a regular/resort room family. The two dedicated sleeping surfaces and bigger living area (and smaller bathroom area in exchange) appeal to us more than the layout of the studio villas. I know it works for some (and many like the dual bathrooms), just not our style.

I also like the broader bookable room view categories of the resort side vs the more limited selection for the villas.

Did you see they released their summer special offers today?

We're a regular/resort room family. The two dedicated sleeping surfaces and bigger living area (and smaller bathroom area in exchange) appeal to us more than the layout of the studio villas. I know it works for some (and many like the dual bathrooms), just not our style.

I also like the broader bookable room view categories of the resort side vs the more limited selection for the villas.

Who doesn’t want two bathrooms?! You’re just kidding yourself :P

9D503128-C2AF-4E93-97B4-0995479B25EE.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter