• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly sofa bed - comfortable enough for an adult?

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Debating between a 2 queen room or a DVC studio at the Poly. Same price, but with the studio we are guaranteed a patio/balcony which is very important to us. How comfortable (or uncomfortable) is the sofa sleeper for an adult? Any other pros or cons? Thanks!

The pull down bed on the DVC side (we are not DVC members) was comfortable enough to sleep an adult who is not over 6 feet tall. The kitchenette was an absolute must for our family (kids with allergies) vs the Moana theming. We went Dec 2022.

The biggest issue with the room was the lack of outlets and having to charge 5 MB+ in addition to the iPhones, iPads etc. I would look at recent videos. Touring plans has some pictures of the balcony views for some of the rooms on their room maps.

Last edited:
Oh wow! I had no idea it was a murphy bed as I saw pics of the sofa and figured it was a pull out bed. Thanks!

Oops I thought you were talking about the bed under the TV. Our teen and 7 year old slept on the pull down Murphy bed and didn’t complain

I (adult in my 30s) stayed on the Murphy bed in 2022 and it was extremely comfortable. Highly recommend! The extra shower / sink was a game changer.

Debating between a 2 queen room or a DVC studio at the Poly. Same price, but with the studio we are guaranteed a patio/balcony which is very important to us. How comfortable (or uncomfortable) is the sofa sleeper for an adult? Any other pros or cons? Thanks!
My family recently stayed in a Poly DVC studio for 6 nights in January, and the murphy bed was very comfortable for me. I'm 36 years old 6'4" and 235 lbs, and I had absolutely zero issue with sleeping in the murphy bed while my wife and 3yo daughter were in the dedicated queen bed. You'll likely be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter