Polynesian GCH construction info!!

Tikiman

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai
Many are wondering what is going on in the GCH of the Polynesian. If you think they are tearing down the atrium fountain or doing any major construction then you need not worry. Here is the latest report from the Polynesian (as of the morning of Feb 19th). This is the message from the Polynesian.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found out some more detailed information. The Atrium is not
undergoing major re-construction. They are only repairing the mechanical parts and the pipes for the waterfall. No work or construction is happening during the day. You can still see the outer edges of the atrium and there is still foliage around it but there are tan drapes around the mountain part to keep guests from seeing the actual work site and inner workings. They had
to dig out part of the top of the mountain to get to the pumps etc. They only removed the trees and some foliage that were on top so they could get to what they need to repair. We have jokingly said it looks like a Houdini trick getting ready to start to make the mountain disappear. That is not going to happen. There is not a projected completion date that has been released yet. I believe this is the first major mechanical repair since it
was built.

I'll let you know when I learn more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

Yes my Polynesian pages have gone over their bandwidth for the month again. Sorry :(

Steve

Thanks for the info, Steve. I hope they are done by April, it was beatiful to just sit and look at it last year.

Great info as usual Steve......I know that I am one of many who ate up your bandwidth this month! When it's back up I'll have to find a link to make a contibution......

Thanks theaslip. Every little bit helps. Use all the bandwidth you like. That is why I have the pages there. I am hoping to do something about them only lasting a few weeks a month but it is getting expensive.

I will just keep posting the new info here till they are back up in March.

Aloha

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!