Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Thanks for the heads up!

I was just thinking though and I believe that the Marathon weekend is pushed out to the second weekend next year so the first week will probably be ok. Otherwise the race weekends - and especially the Marathon race weekend in January see rooms book up pretty fast.

in your opinion.... Whats the best building to request for standard view?

Pago Pago would be the only resort with a "bad" view in my opinion, which could be a parking lot view.

My wife and I are going for a 10 year anniversary trip (adults only) in June, and I made a request "pool view" which I hope gets us in to Tokelau building. But it was a last minute booking in late January after we got some extra points to work with, so we will take what we get.

Pago Pago would be the only resort with a "bad" view in my opinion, which could be a parking lot view.

My wife and I are going for a 10 year anniversary trip (adults only) in June, and I made a request "pool view" which I hope gets us in to Tokelau building. But it was a last minute booking in late January after we got some extra points to work with, so we will take what we get.

Yeah, the parking lot view is not my idea of "tropical resort," though I'm sure sooner or later I'll have to take my turn in one of those rooms, and will deal with it. The other rooms I wouldn't find ideal are the ones facing the back of the pool building (Tokelau), but at least those rooms also look at a good deal of foliage.

Lava pool question: We are staying at Poly in a few weeks. Have some friends staying off site and some family staying at another resort. Can we get them into the Lava pool or do they scan all MagicBands?

Lava pool question: We are staying at Poly in a few weeks. Have some friends staying off site and some family staying at another resort. Can we get them into the Lava pool or do they scan all MagicBands?

It is only for guests of the resort. If you had any of them on your reservation then they could but if they are not then the cannot.

I’m interested in renting points to stay at the poly. What is availability like for presidents weekend? Would I have any chance to get at 7 month window?

I’m interested in renting points to stay at the poly. What is availability like for presidents weekend? Would I have any chance to get at 7 month window?
That is a busy weekend so seven months might be hard. I am a Poly owner and tried booking Thanksgiving week at 9 months out and all Studios are sold out. I knew it is a very busy week but all of the other resorts have availability. I was planning on switching at 7 months but now I don't have Poly as a back up just in case. Hope you have better luck at 7 months.

Booking a studio in Oct here. Is the laundry free to use or do you have to pay? I am just grateful to be staying here but I am staying after my cruise so figured I might have some laundry to do.

Booking a studio in Oct here. Is the laundry free to use or do you have to pay?

If you're staying in a DVC studio, the machines are free to use. The DVC laundry area is separate to the main Poly laundry area (which does charge to use the machines). You'll find the free DVC laundry area in the Moorea longhouse and you'll need your MagicBand to access the laundry room. You'll need to either bring your own detergent or purchase it from the vending machine which is in the laundry room. There are a limited number of washers (just four) and you will often find that a single person might be using 2, or even 3 of them, so make sure you check the status of availability here: http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ (select the villas & bungalows option to view the Moorea laundry area).

So you can plan the best time to do the laundry, this page will show you the busiest (and least busy) times for the DVC laundry area at the Poly: http://www.laundryview.com/usage/?lr=4576321 - it seems from this, no one does laundry on Saturday afternoon!

If you're staying in a DVC studio, the machines are free to use. The DVC laundry area is separate to the main Poly laundry area (which does charge to use the machines). You'll find the free DVC laundry area in the Moorea longhouse and you'll need your MagicBand to access the laundry room. You'll need to either bring your own detergent or purchase it from the vending machine which is in the laundry room. There are a limited number of washers (just four) and you will often find that a single person might be using 2, or even 3 of them, so make sure you check the status of availability here: http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ (select the villas & bungalows option to view the Moorea laundry area).

So you can plan the best time to do the laundry, this page will show you the busiest (and least busy) times for the DVC laundry area at the Poly: http://www.laundryview.com/usage/?lr=4576321 - it seems from this, no one does laundry on Saturday afternoon!

Thank you for the information

I'm a new Poly owner - bought in March of 2017. I haven't stayed at the Poly since I was 5 years old but we have a trip booked for November of this year and I can't wait!

Congrats. I finally get to stay at the Poly for the first time and October can't come quick enough. A dream is definitely coming true for this family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!