Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

About to close out on our first contract! We just love the atmosphere, the convenience and food.

Other DVC owners definitely seem to have their apprehensions about Polynesian due to the fact that the Bungalows take up 25% of the points. But the way I look at it is, 75% of the points are in studios, which is obviously much more than any other resort. Studios are what gets snapped up first. So in terms of competition for STUDIOS, Polynesian is actually the “easiest” resort to book.

If you only have enough points to stay in a studio anyway, why would you care that another resort has 1 or 2 bedrooms available?

Anyway, I am wondering, in general, what booking is like at 11 months out. We are likely to go during the last week of August every year, but could switch it up from time to time.

About to close out on our first contract! We just love the atmosphere, the convenience and food.

Other DVC owners definitely seem to have their apprehensions about Polynesian due to the fact that the Bungalows take up 25% of the points. But the way I look at it is, 75% of the points are in studios, which is obviously much more than any other resort. Studios are what gets snapped up first. So in terms of competition for STUDIOS, Polynesian is actually the “easiest” resort to book.

If you only have enough points to stay in a studio anyway, why would you care that another resort has 1 or 2 bedrooms available?

Anyway, I am wondering, in general, what booking is like at 11 months out. We are likely to go during the last week of August every year, but could switch it up from time to time.

Welcome! I can’t speak for August, but I recently booked Poly at 11 months for the dark side race weekend, late in the evening of the first day I could. Both views were available.

Late August is a pretty easy time to book any DVC rooms. If you're booking at 11 months I would not expect you to have any issues.

You should be fine with booking at 11 months.

The only time I had an issue was when I was trying to get the first week of December. I couldn't get all the days I wanted so I switched to booking for the 2nd week of December and got all 5 days I wanted.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Really looking forward to my first stay!

And, just a shot in the dark here, would anyone be so kind as to tell me if there is availability March 8 or March 9 for a week? I know we are now at 10 months out, but as that would be the other potential time we would travel, I wanted to have a sense.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Really looking forward to my first stay!

And, just a shot in the dark here, would anyone be so kind as to tell me if there is availability March 8 or March 9 for a week? I know we are now at 10 months out, but as that would be the other potential time we would travel, I wanted to have a sense.

For future reference the DIS prohibits asking about availability. It can change minute to minute anyway.

I haven't had any trouble booking standard studios at 10-11 months. For most times of the year this shouldn't be a problem.

IMO it doesn't matter what luck others have had, it only matters if you can book what you want, when you want, where you want. After a couple of challenges and disappointments we decided to spend the money and buy where we love to stay and book at 11 months with no waitlists or stalking but depending on the time of year, resort and category, we may walk the reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

This is all re-affirming my decision to buy here! Looking forward to booking my first trip!!

I suspect that the bungalows have definitely put a ton of pressure on studio availability at 7 months. It was actually quite the ingenious move by Disney. But this is precisely why “buying where you want to stay” has become more and more important.

We ultimately bought here because I wanted Monorail, and knew that if in 10-15 years kids get tired of going, we would love the easy access to Epcot as just the two of us, and a Studio is all we need/want. If we need/want a 1BR or larger, OKW it is, as we LOVE that place. CCV was (as strange as it sounds) cost prohibitive for us, as we wanted the ability to take 5 (take grandma along) and you have to do 2BR there to do that. We wanted to buy direct for first contract, and ultimately "saved" over 11K by buying before the price increase.

Just back from our first DVC stay at the Poly. DD10 and I took a girls trip last weekend, we were in Tokelau 2916, almost the end of the hallway which made for easy in and out to the bus stop and TTC. Also had a nice view of the fireworks from the exterior staircase landing there.

Room was clean and comfortable for us, plenty of space. If DH and DD13 were with us, it would have felt tight for a long stay. We purchased DVC for one bedrooms, so I don’t foresee many studio trips for us. But if we do, it will certainly be at the Poly.

CMs were very nice, pools were great, and we only ate at Captain Cooks this trip, but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality (try the curry meatballs! Yum!).

I did notice that the guest make up appeared to be families with younger children or groups of adults. And perhaps that is because of the monorail access to MK. Didn’t bother us, but was something I noticed.

Overall a great stay! Mahalo to the Poly CMs!

(try the curry meatballs! Yum!).
Those frickin' meatballs were worth every dollar I paid for our points. I DREAM about them... :lovestruc

PS Please don't anyone tell me I could just visit and buy them. I can assure you, they taste better when you own. :D

I did notice that the guest make up appeared to be families with younger children or groups of adults.

We fall into the “younger children” category and the access to MK was certainly a big factor in selecting Poly. Literally months of research and pro/con lists resulted in selecting Poly. This said, I do foresee a time (not that we would necessarily want to, but we would probably have to) that we will end up at AKL, specifically when the kids age and more space becomes necessary. But for now, keeping bus rides with tired kids to a minimum is fine with me!

Closing documents and funds sent yesterday! Now just waiting for account access!

We fall into the “younger children” category and the access to MK was certainly a big factor in selecting Poly. Literally months of research and pro/con lists resulted in selecting Poly. This said, I do foresee a time (not that we would necessarily want to, but we would probably have to) that we will end up at AKL, specifically when the kids age and more space becomes necessary. But for now, keeping bus rides with tired kids to a minimum is fine with me!

Closing documents and funds sent yesterday! Now just waiting for account access!

Congrats!!! My neighbors with kids ages 4 and 2 are also new Poly owners. You’ll love it! It is a great resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter