Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Tokelau although the other 2 buildings are just past it. Really, when you have an ECV distance becomes a non issue. As a "warning" the elevators in the PVB buildings are quite small and not the easiest to maneuver ECV's into. A 1st floor might be more helpful than a particular building.

I had heard that, so I was somewhat concerned. Then someone said that the DVC buildings (at least Tokelau) has two elevators, and the second one is much larger. Now I’m nervous again. I’ll be solo, and I really don’t feel safe solo in a first floor room.

I had heard that, so I was somewhat concerned. Then someone said that the DVC buildings (at least Tokelau) has two elevators, and the second one is much larger. Now I’m nervous again. I’ll be solo, and I really don’t feel safe solo in a first floor room.

Yes, Tokelau has 2 elevators but it’s a stretch to call the one “much larger”. ECVs can fit but it’s still a smaller elevator than most (maybe all other) resorts. You can do it though!

An update that isn’t really an update. All the paperwork and initial deposit has been submitted. Today, our contract is officially in Disney’s hands for ROFR review. And so starts the waiting game... I suppose I posted this just to feel like I’m doing something about the resale purchase, but it’s out of our hands now.

For now, I’ll just keep fantasizing about buying 75-points direct or supplementary points at another resort lol.

Update: we passed ROFR! We look forward to calling PVB home!

We are officially owners at Poly now!! Happy to join the group as an owner. We bought into DVC resale at AKL back in 2015. We thought we would buy in on the "cheaper" side and figure out the system. We made the mistake of doing a split stay - 3 nights poly and 4 nights AK -- The whole trip we kept talking about how more inviting and comfortable the Poly was. When we moved over to AK (it is very nice there) there was just something missing. We didn't get the same relaxed, we are on a vacation feel. I think the Polynesian just combines everything we were looking for (but just didn't know at the time when we bought). It combines the magic of being near and able to see MK, it is rooted in the history of WDW and it really makes you feel as though you are transported on a vacation, yet you are still in the middle of it all.

We won't be heading "home" until July of next year but the count down is already on!

Moorea also has a second elevator around the corner from the other elevator. The one directly across from the entrance is the small elevator. The second one is big enough to maneuver an ECV. I assume the Pago Pago building will probably have these elevator set-up (Although I've never stayed at Pago Pago yet).

Moorea also has a second elevator around the corner from the other elevator. The one directly across from the entrance is the small elevator. The second one is big enough to maneuver an ECV. I assume the Pago Pago building will probably have these elevator set-up (Although I've never stayed at Pago Pago yet).

Pago Pago is different and only has 1 elevator. It's at least as large as the largest one in Moorea or Tokelau- maybe even a little bit larger.

Pago Pago is different and only has 1 elevator. It's at least as large as the largest one in Moorea or Tokelau- maybe even a little bit larger.
I’m glad you told me that. Pago Pago was the one building I’d hoped not to get. Now if I do, there’s one plus-a big elevator!

I’m glad you told me that. Pago Pago was the one building I’d hoped not to get. Now if I do, there’s one plus-a big elevator!

Well, I said maybe bigger. It's not that big though! lol It is the one that I easily was fine sharing with another small family while I was taking luggage to the room which would have been much tougher in the other longhouses. When I did get that longhouse I also had the view towards the front - ie parking lot. Not my first choice but not horrible. I'd definitely hope for most anything else but oh well. My sister had a room on the ground floor in that building on our first stay that faced the other way towards the gardens. That was quite nice.

*Zombie Thread Alert*

Since this appears to be the only PVB Owners thread I figured I'd post here. We are waiting on ROFR on our first DVC contract and can't wait to call Poly our home. Stayed 9 nights in a lake view in July 2019 and it sold us on being owners. Now the waiting game.

*Zombie Thread Alert*

Since this appears to be the only PVB Owners thread I figured I'd post here. We are waiting on ROFR on our first DVC contract and can't wait to call Poly our home. Stayed 9 nights in a lake view in July 2019 and it sold us on being owners. Now the waiting game.
Good luck! We are new Poly owners as well—just closed a couple of months ago. It’s our family’s absolute favorite resort 💗

We are bummed that we had to cancel our July trip - It was suppose to be 9 nights at the Poly over 4th of July. We kept dreaming of all the Dole whips we were going to eat. I was so looking forward to seeing the amazing MK fireworks from the beach. In an effort to travel when we have a better handle on things, we moved our trip to Nov but at OKW. We are actually excited to try out OKW. I'm actually glad we change our trip as who knows what will be open come July.

On the bright side yesterday I booked our Poly stay for next April!!

Last edited:
We are bummed that we had to cancel our July trip - It was suppose to be 9 nights at the Poly over 4th of July. We kept dreaming of all the Dole whips we were going to eat. I was so looking forward to seeing the amazing MK fireworks from the beach. In an effort to travel when we have a better handle on things, we moved our trip to Oct but at OKW. We are actually excited to try out OKW. I'm actually glad we change our trip as who knows what will be open come July.

On the bright side yesterday I booked our Poly stay for next April!!
We are owners at Poly and OKW, and my parents bought into OKW the first year DVC was offered in the early 90s, so I grew up staying there. so I have a strong, personal connection with OKW so maybe I’m biased, but I really love it and I bet you will too. It has a laid back vibe that can’t be beat, and Olivias is the best. Hope your October trip goes well. We’re scheduled for a split Poly/BR stay in late November that I’m crossing my fingers goes off as planned.

I've been waffling between Poly or AKV. How legit do you feel the concern is that DVC will change the charts up to swing more towards the studios in order to reduce the point requirement on the bungalows? I'm not even 100% sure they can do this so potentially is an unnecessary concern.

I've been waffling between Poly or AKV. How legit do you feel the concern is that DVC will change the charts up to swing more towards the studios in order to reduce the point requirement on the bungalows? I'm not even 100% sure they can do this so potentially is an unnecessary concern.

I think it is a valid concern that they move points around but to make those accommodations affordable from a points standpoint would mean raising the per night cost of the studios to be so high that they wouldn't fill those rooms either.

Aloha! Here’s a Poly thread with some very good info as well. It is not specifically DVC.00236993-0124-4B61-97AD-695FDE2BDA5D.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!