Polynesian Tiki God Says... Magical Bora Bora Bungalow Upgrade?!? - A Jan 2017 TR! *COMPLETE 4/1*

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
:beach: A-LOOOOOO-HAAA!!! :beach:

And welcome to the third and latest addition to my ever-growing Trip Report family...

C1sIak_XgAAPPHy.jpg

And though I have credited my last TRs as being pretty magical, as the title of this report may hint... this trip was pretty much only the most magical trip yet. And it was only 3 days long!

3 days long means that this TR is going to be
short,
sweet, and to the point, much like it's respective PTR, however... I am happy to announce that there's going to be another PTR in the works very, very shortly! Wahoo! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: We'll get to that much, much later. For now, just focus on the tropical goodness that is this trip report right here :thumbsup2

You are PROBABLY wondering who on earth goes to Walt Disney World for just three days. The gig is... I was actually there for six whole months!

C1sIan3XEAAx6Kj.jpg

That's me. Kaitlyn. 19 year old DISboard and Broadway enthusiast from the great state of New Jersey currently attending school in New York City. If you can't read my button, it says "I'm Celebrating: Completing my DCP". For the past six months, I sprinkled pixie dust and waved to boats at my two favorite attractions in all of Walt Disney World and lived to tell the tale! I enjoy character breakfasts, getting pixie dusted at the Main Street USA Barbershop, the Space Mountain Omega Track, and of course, writing trip reports!

Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite ride: Space Mountain
Favorite snack: Carrot Cake Cookie
Favorite character: Tinker Bell
Favorite movie: Peter Pan
Favorite Resort: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Favorite restaurant: 'Ohana

But of course, you can't just spend six months in Disney World and not spend at least a few days with your family. Which is... :idea: exactly where this 3-day excursion came from! Operation bring-Kaitlyn-back-to-New-Jersey wouldn't be complete if I didn't get to show my family all of the wonderful things I learned about my new home. So my mother booked a stay at the Polynesian and got some park hopper tickets. The Delia Family was going back to Walt Disney World! All thanks to me, of course. :smokin:

Speaking of my mother, meet Susie!

C1sIaoIXgAANqyW.jpg

I love her so much, everyone. So much. She works in real estate and loves Walt Disney World just as much (if not more!) than I do. She went there almost every year growing up and was gracious enough to pass down that love to me! She is the hardest working woman alive and deserves every moment she spends in the Magic Kingdom. The best part about family Disney vacations is getting to spend time with her!

Favorite ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite snack: Dole Whip (preferably with rum)
Favorite character: Winnie the Pooh
Favorite movie: 101 Dalmatians
Favorite Resort: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Favorite restaurant: Liberty Tree Tavern

And you can't introduce my mom without introducing my dad and sister... Tom and Grace!

C1sIaqZXcAAb5Rx.jpg

Tom is a volunteer fireman/local government employee who wants nothing more right now than to retire and move down to Florida. He swears he's the next friend of Chief Smokey Miller! Like my mother, I'm very blessed because my father is a man who supports me in all of my life aspirations and always makes it a point to remind me of how proud he is of me! He's always there to offer a helping hand and likes to laugh at black and white movies. He loves Disney just like the rest of us do! Nothing makes him happier than Main Street USA early in the morning and Wishes late at night.

Favorite ride: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Favorite snack: Mickey Rice Krispie Treat
Favorite character: Grumpy
Favorite movie: He's actually not a Disney movie man... but he loves Young Frankenstein, if that counts for anything.
Favorite Resort: Disney's Contemporary Resort
Favorite restaurant: 'Ohana

Grace and I used to fight a lot when we were younger and let's be honest, we still do. But we are also best friends and out of the three, I missed her the most this program. We love to laugh and share memes. We both LOVE the musical Hamilton! I totally got her hooked on Peter Pan, and she was totally jealous when I was cast there, but she won't admit it :cool2:. As usual, we had a lot of fun together this trip! Grace likes to hit the parks early in the morning, enjoy an afternoon swim at the pool, and then go back to parks at night for some more fun before bed. She's 15 now, but she'll be 16 in July... and I don't think there'd be a better way to celebrate your 16th birthday than a trip to Walt Disney World! Like I said earlier: another PTR in the works. All in due time.

Favorite ride: Peter Pan's Flight
Favorite snack: Cupcake
Favorite character: Peter Pan
Favorite movie: Finding Nemo
Favorite Resort: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
Favorite restaurant: The Crystal Palace

And now, there's just one more thing we need before we can get started...

THE 5 W'S OF A TRIP REPORT!

Who: The Delia Family yet again!
What: Our first non-summer Disney vacation
When: January 4-8, 2017 (with travel!)
Where: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Why: To BRING ME HOME! :bounce:

As we used to say in my attraction... off we gooooo! :tink:

(Click HERE to begin!)

Last edited:
Last edited:

The Waiting Game and the Family Reunion

So January 3rd was a very, very sad day for me... my last day of work at the Magic Kingdom!

200.gif

But it was also joyous, because I knew that meant I would see my family the very next day!

giphy.gif

And I was a little hangry. I didn't eat because I thought I was going to be out early, but then I got extended two hours. It's okay though. We went to Taco Bell.

200.gif

So I did the happy dance in my apartment at 1 in the morning! With my Doritos Locos tacos and "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang playing in the background, my packing/dance party had commenced!

I finally ended up going to sleep around 3 and waking up again at 10:30. I said goodbye to another one of my friends and then continued to pack. Originally, my family said that they would be there at around 4:30. They had seen Hamilton the night before, and their plan was to drive straight down without stopping from there. However, traffic had other plans for them. So 4:30 changed to 5:30-6:00 at first. And I was like, no big deal! And by 3:00, I had finished packing!

C1vD9A1WQAAVmdR.jpg

My once glorious dorm room was so empty and sad :sad:

... Then Grace texted me to tell me that their projected arrival time jumped to 6:00-6:30.

giphy.gif

So at 3:30, I decided the prudent thing to do would be to get something to eat, considering how hungry I was. And I also needed trash bags, so I went on my last Walgreens-and-Wendys Classic Vista Way run of the program! I brought my frosty, cheeseburger, and nuggets back to Vista so I could eat them while watching a classic.

giphy.gif

(My newfound love for Universal Studios has brought me into a period of obsession for both Jaws and Jurassic Park)

6:30 rolled around and my family still wasn't there. I texted Grace and it TURNS OUT they weren't going to be anywhere near Orlando for another 30 minutes. :furious:

So I had another dance party. :dancer:

But THEN, 20 minutes later my dad hit me with the "we're at the parking lot across the street" text. In the middle of my dance party :eek:

I grabbed my overnight bags and graduation ears and ran over to them in the best family reunion ever! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

With my program over, we headed over to the Polynesian resort. We tried to get to Westclock so I could return my last costume, but the road was already closed for fireworks, so we just decided we'd drop it off in the morning.

We arrived at the Poly and I felt a little like this!

C1vFrV9XAAAeMnF.jpg

I had always wanted to stay here, and I was on cloud 9 here at my favorite monorail resort. :cloud9:

Mom, Grace and I went to check in while my dad stayed behind with the concierge people for a little bit and we were greeted by a really friendly front desk attendant!

She was all "Aloha!" and we were all "Aloha!"

And then she was all, "So I see you guys have two nights in a bungalow..."

:eek:

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Those are some magical words right there. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Congratulations on completing the College Program. Wonderful memories to look back on.

Those are some magical words right there. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Congratulations on completing the College Program. Wonderful memories to look back on.

Welcome aboard!

They surely are! We were so excited, my heart almost stopped!

Thank you so, so much. I'm always going to cherish the few months I got to spend making magic in my favorite place on earth :)

Sounds so fun! Awesome way to end a magical college experience :)

Welcome aboard and welcome to the DIS! :welcome::disrocks:

We had a great time and it was a surefire way to make sure that the end of my program was just as magical as the beginning of it!

Hopping on board - the trip already sounds magical! I'm thinking about applying for the upcoming Fall DCP - it sounds fantastic!

Hopping on board - the trip already sounds magical! I'm thinking about applying for the upcoming Fall DCP - it sounds fantastic!

Welcome aboard!

It certainly was magical! Absolutely go forward and apply for DCP Fall 2017. You will have a blast!!! Last night, we had an alumn panel talk-back at the high school I went to and I was invited to speak about my experiences with DCP. I could only speak good things about it!

Big, Beautiful Bora Bora!

Obviously hearing that shocked us. We ain't go that kinda money!

"We booked a theme park view room, so we shouldn't have a bungalow... unless... somebody made some magic for us?" I told her, hopefully, as I grabbed my mother's arm. As much as I wanted to not question her and get that bungalow regardless of whether or not it was a mistake, we weren't trying to spend an extra 10 grand a night here.

She shook her head and said, "Well, they wouldn't have made that kind of magic if... ... ... huh. I guess they did."

Sebastian-Omg-Jaw-Drop-In-The-Little-Mermaid.gif

We were floored. At that point, dad came by and we had to fill him in on everything. None of us could believe it.

"Are you guys excited?" The front desk attendant asked us as she gave us our leis. "I would be so excited! Aloha guys!"

With our leis on and our hearts soaring, we thanked her and made our way over to our bungalow!

C11GY3XWgAI_kZX.jpg

C11GY_gXEAELteN.jpg

With baited breath, we used our MagicBands to unlock the gate to the bungalow village first, then to our very own one...

C11JljDWgAEYz-C.jpg

C11GZMUXcAAuPdD.jpg

For starters, the bungalow was huge. Well, about the same size as your average DVC villa but HUGE in comparison to the regular Disney resort rooms we're used to!

First, to the left, was the bedroom Grace and I would be sharing.

C11GZGDWQAAzBud.jpg

C11JlYtXcAASQns.jpg

I adored how this room was themed. Not pictures is the closet (which was huge). I can only imagine how much fun it would be for young children who get their own room on vacation!

Just a door down you'll find the bathroom for this bedroom, which is connected to the linen closet.

The master bedroom was to the right. Somehow I neglected to snap a photo of the master bedroom itself, but I got TONS and tons of photos of the master bath!

C11GhMzXcAElUde.jpg

C11GhDkW8AAka5p.jpg

C11Gl9UXAAAjh7s.jpg

HOLY MIRROR TV, BATMAN!

This bathroom itself was, like, bigger than most hotel rooms! And my family, of course, was flipping out over the television in the bathroom. Wouldn't you be, too?!?

The dining room, kitchen and living room were next.

C11GupBWEAEoNkE.jpg

If you're a family who loves cooking meals on vacation (which, if I was a DVC member and went to WDW a lot, I think I would), you're in heaven here. The full kitchen includes everything you need PLUS the world's most beautiful fridge. This bungalow truly is a home away from home with all of the amenities provided in common area alone.

Finally, there's the patio!

C11Gu71WEAEhty_.jpg

C11GuwtXAAEqFIO.jpg

C11GvJJXcAI7ohA.jpg

The pool is NOT heated, but it is very cute and I'm sure young children would get the biggest kick out of having their own pool in the bungalow! On warm summer nights, I can totally see relaxing in the pool while the fireworks popped and the Electrical Water Pageant floated by!

Speaking of which...

C11MnO0WgAEm3Cc.jpg

C11MnZCXEAAbGHq.jpg

I could not have been happier at that moment. :cloud9:

Grace and I also had too much fun relaxing on those swinging chairs during the two nights we were in the bungalow.

I have to say, I seriously adored the artwork above everything else.

C11Gg8DXUAMBobH.jpg

C11JlMwXAAAkCM6.jpg

C11JlONW8AAZu05.jpg

C11GhKQXUAIsDaW.jpg

... ESPECIALLY that painting right there in the master bath! You all know how much I love the Neverland Lagoon mermaids, right? Disney is very lucky they aren't missing a mermaid painting from bungalow 7012 right now, because it was seriously tempting...

The bellhop arrived soon after the pageant with our luggage and we decided to go get some dinner!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Hey gurl hey! I haven't read a TR in awhile, but since you is writing one, I might make an exception.

Or I could also paint my nails and beat my face, but I can sometimes do that stuff simultaneously. Idk.

;)

Hey gurl hey! I haven't read a TR in awhile, but since you is writing one, I might make an exception.

Or I could also paint my nails and beat my face, but I can sometimes do that stuff simultaneously. Idk.

;)

Hey!

I don't think I've ever met you before. Certainly not on the DISboards and then at the Disney College Program where we hung out at the parks and did our makeup together, remained BFFs for five months, and then shared an emotional goodbye on our last day. I'm happy you're here, though! Glad to see you like my TRs! Would you like a signed playbill????

Wow seriously nice room. Ten grand a night extra. Did you go to Konas for breakfast any morning? Their Kona blend is so good.

Wow that is a magical upgrade!! pixiedust:

I hadn't seen the bungalow's interior before. Thanks for posting!! :flower1:

Hey!

I don't think I've ever met you before. Certainly not on the DISboards and then at the Disney College Program where we hung out at the parks and did our makeup together, remained BFFs for five months, and then shared an emotional goodbye on our last day. I'm happy you're here, though! Glad to see you like my TRs! Would you like a signed playbill????

omg stranger you generous soul! Yes, I would love one. All OG Hamilton performers signed? I think yes!

(ilysssssssm)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts